Registration problems: Blocked Emails

Jabberwockxeno came on IRC asking for a (new) password reset. The issue is he changed the password after logging in with the one you sent and then forgot the password he changed it to.

*edit* I really need to start rechecking threads before posting... seems I was 14 minutes late :)

*edit #2*
<Osco> Hi all! Is there someone on that could get a lost password email actually sent to my email?
<Osco> the nickname ovreagr is definitely mine... just can't remember if the Osco one is too, or if someone else had that already and I used ovreagr instead. :(

Ah ha, Jabberwockxeno did not qualify his "new password" in his preceeding post as one he had set rather than the one I had sent him.
Reset again and emailed.

No resemblances in the osco and ovreagr and account, and the timelines also indicate they are different owners.

Password reset for ovreagr and emailed.

Thank you for the reset Lefty! Sorry for the confusion with the nicknames/accounts too! :D

Is it possible to merge my two accounts? Sarassin and DrakenKin. Mainly to get the old posts under the same account including post count. (Not very important, but if it is possible i'd appreciate it.)

I would like to keep DrakenKin as the nickname.

it is easy, once I have adequate evidence of identity on the account to be merged. There is no internal evidence of identity the old 'lost' account and the new account, and evidence that they were from very different geographical locations. Private message me with whatever evidence or testimonials you can muster that the old account was yours. In any case, if merged, while the post of the merged account will then show up in the destination account, I do not believe postcount will reflect them until such time as the (entire) forums postcount tables are rebuilt, a resource consuming process that is not done often. Last time we did it was when we enabled postcount in a couple of game subfora in which it has previously been turned off.

it is easy, once I have adequate evidence of identity on the account to be merged. There is no internal evidence of identity the old 'lost' account and the new account, and evidence that they were from very different geographical locations. Private message me with whatever evidence or testimonials you can muster that the old account was yours. In any case, if merged, while the post of the merged account will then show up in the destination account, I do not believe postcount will reflect them until such time as the (entire) forums postcount tables are rebuilt, a resource consuming process that is not done often. Last time we did it was when we enabled postcount in a couple of game subfora in which it has previously been turned off.
The simplest way would be to send me an email to the old account to which i will reply to confirm i own it.

As for the post count, would it be possible to skip rebuilding and simply add the post count manually by editing it? I am not familiar with this specific forum software, but most board systems don't add up the post count each time, they have a separate postcount entry that can be edited directly.

The simplest way would be to send me an email to the old account to which i will reply to confirm i own it.
Sent, I had thought before that you no longer had access to that email.

would it be possible to skip rebuilding and simply add the post count manually by editing it? I am not familiar with this specific forum software, but most board systems don't add up the post count each time, they have a separate postcount entry that can be edited directly.
I will try that if it does not update with the merger.

I did not lose access to my email, the problem was that email recovery (the forum system) was not able to send me an email when i lost my board password. :)

Awesome, thank you! :hatsoff:

<Messenger> do you know how I can actually get my email for registration?
<croxis> cfc was hacked a while back and many isps and email providers the domain when it was sending out mass spam. who is your email providor
<Messenger> yahoo
<Messenger> at this point
<Messenger> what do i need to do to get a registration email?
<croxis> i'll post for you. what is the username on the forum you registered with
<Messenger> messengerling
<Messenger> thank you very much

[16:24:27] <jmob> I'm not getting any confirmation of registering or requesting to reset my password emails from civfanatics. I tried to join a few days ago but got no email, when i tried to re-register it says my email is already being used so i requested my password be reset but nothing's coming through (even in spam)

E-mail confirmation requirement is currently off for new registrations (and member done manual password changes). So you should be able to post immediately upon registering, no waiting for e-mail
Automatic password reset however still requires e-mail and will require an admin to reset manually instead.

'jmob' shows registered but I presume your password was glitched by the automatic password reset. I will e-mail you a manually set password, which you can then manually change in your user cp. Do not, however, try to use the automatic password reset again until whenever we get the automatic e-mail issues fixed.

I will confirm with ainwood that registration e-mail confirmation is currently toggled off, and ask him to deal with any confusing instructions on the registration page.

[19:15:19] <Duck999> hi
[19:15:29] <Duck999> anyone here?
[19:16:21] <Duck999> Is there a way to retrieve a lost password since forgot password doesn't work?
[19:24:13] <Duck999> (It won't send me an email)
[19:35:56] <Riso> whats your username
[19:43:41] <Duck999> Duck999

[19:16:21] <Duck999> Is there a way to retrieve a lost password since forgot password doesn't work?

No way to retrieve an existing password, without direct access to the database and a good decryption program.
and currently, the automatic reset will fail to to email members, until that is back on line the current method is contact me for a manual password reset which I then email to the accounts email address.

I will do so for your account.

No way to retrieve an existing password, without direct access to the database and a good decryption program.
and currently, the automatic reset will fail to to email members, until that is back on line the current method is contact me for a manual password reset which I then email to the accounts email address.

I will do so for your account.

Thank you. I didn't realize there was a problem with this, and I went on vacation directly after creating my account, and forgot my password. *Facepalms* Thank you!

<Polyblank> I don't know how to say this
<Polyblank> I registered in 9th of March
<Polyblank> And for some reason my gmail account did not receive any e - mail verification letter
<Polyblank> But I checked for some time the forums
<croxis> forum name you registered with?
<Polyblank> And I saw the "Registration Problems" thread by an admin
<Polyblank> Polyblank, the same with this one

Top Bottom