1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Reintroducing 1 unit-per-tile

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by dbkblk, Feb 15, 2015.

1. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I'd say no, way too much

2. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

How much is the distance a tile represents? A few kilometers?

How ever I think that would greatly alter gameplay and the way the AI should behave.
    Maybe as an other bug option I can imagine +1 range for all siege units. Remember, some late game units already have a range of 2.

EDIT: Yes, the brief answer is: "No, please" :lol:

3. nionios

nionios Prince

I personally think that it shouldn't change though the (same) range 1 for grenadiers seems too overpowered and unrealistic compared to more powerful siege units.

4. dbkblk

dbkblk Emperor

That was just an idea. As i played Civ V before, the whole idea between ranged siege units and 1xUPT is nice, but taking in account the scale of the map make the option not so realistic.

EDIT: BTW, i've made a function which distribute city units over free tiles in case the limit is overrun. That mean it is safe to try 1UPT if you began your game with unlimited UPT (except if there are no free tile, your unit will be killed, but in this case, the map should really be overcrowded). I nearly reach the end of the testing phase and sorted out all the bugs i encountered. I can't wait to publish that work but i want it to be polished :)

5. youmakemefart

youmakemefart Warlord

So how is this different to the UPT rule that has alwas been in place in AND?

6. dbkblk

dbkblk Emperor

It works without crashs. It is compatible with previous version. It automatically redistribute units if the limit is accidentally overran. It defines a different limit for cities (very important difference).

All is explained in the first post!

7. youmakemefart

youmakemefart Warlord

Thanks!

8. triplebassist

triplebassist Chieftain

According to the info screen, each tile is a square 10km on a side.

9. os79

os79 Deity

My only annoyance with xUPT is that when I send my units on stacked movement to another distant tile and it go through a city and the limit get overrun, my stack got split. It annoys because I have to get my splitted units back together. Do your fix deal with this?

10. dbkblk

dbkblk Emperor

No i haven't changed that behavior as i haven't thought about that. I don't think this is easy to change as stack movement might be calculated independently for units. I'll take a look on the code, but not in the near future.
    Thank you for pointing that!

11. Aquila SPQR

Aquila SPQR Prince

Is it possible to use this upt code in other mod as well? I'm currently playing realism invictus and i miss so much this feature (which is the best thing that happened to bts IMO) I'd love to somehow add it there.

12. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

You would need DLL modding to add that component, and either add the BUG mod or some other system to control the units/tile #.

13. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

It's a very long way but you can do it as I think I did for other features as well; look through all revision of AND until you find the one where the code was added and then comparing with the latest one you can update the code. It takes a lot of time and some skills with C++ and dll coding, but that's the way I started updating AND2 a long time ago.

14. herokims

herokims Chieftain

dbkblk

I really like your mod! Thank you!

Anyway, I have a problem. Despite of 1 UPT, My warrior can't enter a city containing only 1 warrior..
    (My screenshot 1,2,3 uploaded)

Please help me!!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      722 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
  15. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

1UPT is really not recommended. The mod wasn't designed to work with that. IIRC 12 is the lowest safe number, otherwise you should expect bugs and errors.

45°38'N-13°47'E likes this.
  16. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I concur with ZN. Really, don't use 1 UPT, it's like looking for troubles. Even if it should work at the start of the game, it will not work anymore later in the game because when the map is crowded with units, they will not be able to move, or it will take ages for a unit to find a suitable path

17. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Perhaps the lower numbers could be removed from the list in BUG options? Would save you some troublesome questions :goodjob:

45°38'N-13°47'E likes this.
  18. xtended2l

xtended2l Chieftain

This^
    It is not balanced actually, your colletarel damage units become useless, colleteral damage, flanking perks become useless. Also there are a lot of city defences which are balanced pretty goot to use against SoD. So City defences become a little overpowered, when you use 1UPT.