[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

And congratulations on getting 1.1 released !

Thanks. :)

But it cannot be compared to a major Release of course.
(Not even a real minor Release.)

Basically it is a Bugfix-Release.
(Because of a major bug that had to be fixed.)

Release 1.1 was released much earlier than originally planned and does contain not a lof of new game content.
However, it does contain one important bugfix, a lot of small bugfixes and several improvements.

Unless there is another major bug, the next Release will probably be available when:

1. All new Founding Fathers are implemented
2. All major performance improvements have been done

Some little things which I have just experienced with version 1.1

First, the display of the storage quantity needs some adjustment for 1920*1080 resolution as displayed below.

Second, playing on gigantic map, for the fourth time in consecutive row, I have 3 European neighbours in a range of ~15 tiles around me. Did you make changes to the placement of starting positions?

Third, please have a look at this log. :D

This is just the icing on the cake. :lol:
With one assault, they have:
  • sunk my caravel
  • burned down the village hall
  • killed the defending soldier
  • got 25 firearms
This looks pretty much like the maximum damage possible. :p

Some remarks to this:
a) They should not be able to sink ships, since Europeans don't have such chance either. They kill ships if the city is conquered
b) The defending soldier was the experienced farmer. But - and this is the point - in that very city a veteran soldier was present, too. He should have taken up the arms, not the farmer. I am pretty sure that this is a mistake originating from Firaxis code, but nevertheless... this really doesn't make too much sense, does it?

Attachments

• Lagermengenanzeige0001.jpg
    Lagermengenanzeige0001.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 213
  • Assault0001.jpg
    Assault0001.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 238
First, the display of the storage quantity needs some adjustment for 1920*1080 resolution as displayed below.

The mod was not designed for extreme wide screen resolutions and we will probably never do that, Sorry. :(
(You almost have 2:1)

This has been said several times before. :dunno:

Did you make changes to the placement of starting positions?

No, we did not make changes to the starting positions.
(Their distribution still mostly depends on the map generated.)

With one assault, they have:

Reworking the feature "Native Raids" is already on our list. :thumbsup:
We will just need to find the time to do it ...

b) The defending soldier was the experienced farmer. But - and this is the point - in that very city a veteran soldier was present, too. He should have taken up the arms, not the farmer. I am pretty sure that this is a mistake originating from Firaxis code, but nevertheless... this really doesn't make too much sense, does it?

No it does not make sense. :thumbsup:
And yes, this is vanilla code and not related to our changes.

But currently we are very short of manpower and have a lot of topics that are prioritized much higher.

The mod was not designed for extreme wide screen resolutions and we will probably never do that, Sorry. :(
(You almost have 2:1)

This has been said several times before. :dunno:
Then I would ask you to revise that decision. 1920*1080 is a standard resolution for modern screens and in no way exceptional anymore.

1920*1080 is a standard resolution for modern screens and in no way exceptional anymore.

That is true. :thumbsup:

But this is not only about "What would be cool to have." ...
This is about efforts.

If you or somebody else wants to do that work I would be more than happy. :)

As long as we do not find somebody able and willing to do this, this will simply not happen.
What else should I tell you ? :dunno:

No, we did not make changes to the starting positions.
(Their distribution still mostly depends on the map generated.)

Regarding map sizes (and therefore, placing of starting positions, too):
I have ended that game and manually counted the tiles north-south. Result: 100 tiles!
Then I have started a new game (again with the FairWeather mapscript and size gigantic) and the result was 100 tiles again.

This is the respective sniplet from the FW-mapscript:
Code:
            WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_GIGANTIC:	(100 + mc.distanceToEurope * 2,215)
The first part of the expressions typically defines the east-west ratio, and the 215 should be north-south.

Did you somewhere make changes which may have changed the one against the other?

The first part of the expressions typically defines the east-west ratio, and the 215 should be north-south.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

Did you somewhere make changes which may have changed the one against the other?

No. :confused:

Edit:

Just checked.
I created a map with the delivered FaireWeather of Religion and Revolution.
I also saved as Worldbuildersave and checked the values there.

Everything worked perfectly.

Code:
BeginMap
	grid width=108
	grid height=215
	top latitude=90
	bottom latitude=-90
	wrap X=0
	wrap Y=0
	world size=WORLDSIZE_GIGANTIC
	climate=CLIMATE_TEMPERATE
	sealevel=SEALEVEL_MEDIUM
	num plots written=23220
	num signs written=0
	Randomize Resources=false
EndMap

If you or somebody else wants to do that work I would be more than happy. :)

This seems to be the line in question (from CvMainInterface.py, line no #2712):
Code:
					screen.setLabel("StorageCapacityText", "Background", szBuffer, CvUtil.FONT_CENTER_JUSTIFY, xResolution * [B][COLOR="Red"]80[/COLOR][/B] / 100, CITY_TITLE_BAR_HEIGHT / 12, -0.3, FontTypes.SMALL_FONT, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_CITY_NAME, -1, -1 )
See my change in red, the original value was 83.

Since you guys seem to run different resolutions, it would be the easiest, if you just copy that line into your CvMainInterface.py and check, if it works for you, too.

Just checked.
I created a map with the delivered FaireWeather of Religion and Revolution.
I also saved as Worldbuildersave and checked the values there.

Everything worked perfectly.
Oh Lord. :blush:

I have to apologize. By mistake, I had set "huge" instead of "gigantic". Since this is one of the settings which remain set, I didn't notice this mistake.

Sorry for the confusion. :blush:

Attachments

• settings0002.jpg
    settings0002.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 65
I guess the improvement "collector's post" has a little bug.

From CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml

Code:
	 <BonusTypeStruct>
        <BonusType>BONUS_[B][COLOR="Blue"]RED_PEPPER[/COLOR][/B]</BonusType>
        <bBonusMakesValid>1</bBonusMakesValid>
        <iDiscoverRand>0</iDiscoverRand>
        <YieldChanges>
			<YieldIntegerPair>
				<YieldType>YIELD_[B][COLOR="Red"]GRAPES[/COLOR][/B]</YieldType>
				<iValue>1</iValue>
			</YieldIntegerPair>
		</YieldChanges>
     </BonusTypeStruct>

Here's something wrong with the mainscreen. The RAR-Logo is lost outside the screen.
It's nessesary to place the logo in the middle of the screen. In TAC, i've searched a long time, to find the right way between the asthetic point of view and compatibility for all resolutions.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• MainScreen_Fail.jpg
    MainScreen_Fail.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 190
Here's something wrong with the mainscreen. The RAR-Logo is lost outside the screen.

What is the resolution you are playing with ?

In TAC, i've searched a long time, to find the right way between the asthetic point of view and compatibility for all resolutions.

As stated many times already:
We have not tried to consider all resolutions and will probably never do so.

The reasons are simple:
1. It would be a lot of effort and currently there is no team member willing and able to do so.
2. Also you often have to make compromisses and things will look a little bit worse on some resolutions.
3. Players could simple choose to play with a resolution where the screens fit.

What is the resolution you are playing with ?

You can't draw the logo over the background, that will never works correct. The logo must be on a seperate layer in the Nif. Take a look in the Vanilla-Nif, there you can find different layers for the logo, background and effects. ;)

You can't draw the logo over the background, that will never work correct.

Not with all resolutions of course.

The logo must be on a seperate layer in the Nif. Take a look in the Vanilla-Nif, there you can find different layers for the logo, background and effects. ;)

I know about that. :)
(But since we did not have a real logo, we did not bother with it.)

We will probably do it this way, when Schmiddie has created the real Religion and Revolution logo. :thumbsup:
(It is planned to have a real logo. Schmiddie will be back working on the project in about a month.)

Then I would ask you to revise that decision. 1920*1080 is a standard resolution for modern screens and in no way exceptional anymore.
Hi Commander Bello,

Thanks for reporting the CityScreen bug. :goodjob: It's all my fault !;)
I can only play on 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 ratios, so I sometimes forget...
It's quite easy to change this. It will take me less than five minutes.
Spoiler :
I'll simply "test" ratio (If ratio is lower than 1.8 do as usual, else "move text " to the left or to the right)

By the way, could you please post the full screen (or send me a PM with your Cityscreen)? I can't check on my computer. And with your screenshot I can't see what I have to do exactly. And most of all, I'd like to see what it looks like with your resolution. You could even post Europe screen too (or send me a PM). Don't forget to spoiler your screenshot please!

Ray's right! I can do it, but I need your "cooperation"! Thanks in advance !

@Everyone: Please understand the dds files/pictures were deigned for standard 4:3 or 16:9 ratios

@Everyone: Please understand the dds files/pictures were deigned for standard 4:3 or 16:9 ratios

My display has a native resolution of 1680x1050px, that resulting in a aspect-ratio of 1.6. I think this is normal and one of the most used screen-resolutions for desktop-pc's.
In my opinion, the RAR-Mainscreen must work for this aspect-ratio :confused:

My display has a native resolution of 1680x1050px, that resulting in a aspect-ratio of 1.6. I think this is normal and one of the most used screen-resolutions for desktop-pc's.
In my opinion, the RAR-Mainscreen must work for this aspect-ratio :confused:
Oh! Sorry, this is a mistake ! :eek:
I only meant to tell Commander Bello (and everyone else who plays in extra-large resolutions) that I can fix python aspects (by doing some tests on ratios), but I don't know how to do many different dds files with different ratios. I don't even think it is possible... :dunno:
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
Ray says shmiddie will create a new logo. So your problem will be fixed.

Top Bottom