• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[Religion and Revolution]: Mod Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past you've mentioned that certain sound files are under somebody's copyright.

Yep, our Soundtrack. The music in there is from René Osmanczyk.
We had asked him for allowance to use his awesome music and he had granted it to our mod.

All other soundfiles are from other mods or from Civ4/Civ4BtS.

What does that mean in regards to making use of RaR for a new mod (not a dedicated modmod)?

I would then suggest to contact René Osmanczyk and ask him as well for allowance.

And could you please specifiy, which files are copyrighted by others and therefore aren't free to use?

...\Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack

I want to thank raystuttgart and all the other players who contributed to enriching my game experience - I often find that fan mods end up being better than the actual game itself (a bit like Fall from Heaven 2 for Civilization IV). I am not a programmer and I understand it is very time consuming and draining so I have even more respect for their dedication and sense of responsibility - all volunteering after all.

I would continue to boost your ego but I really have to sort out these nasty natives who keep raiding my settlements :D

Hi everybody, :wavey:

Release 1.9 is out.
(For details see here.)

It does not add new features but if fixes a few (minor) bugs and balancing issues that were reported and adds several other small improvments.

Savegames of Release 1.8 are still compatible.
However, not all changes in XML balancing will take effect if you do not start a new game.

We hope you continue to enjoy our mod. :)

I committed a bugfix to svn.

r533 said:
-Fix: crash related to indian offering to sale yields to a colony (MP only?)

The problem was that the AI decides to offer trade from city A to city B using unit X and will open a window about it afterwards. Once the player selects a reply, it was assumed that A, B and X were still present. However specially network games with simultaneous turns can remove any of those before the user clicks the window, which would then result in a crash.
The solution is to trade even if source city is gone and to have a fallback, which can cancel the trade without offending the natives if either destination city or unit is missing. This mean the user input from the window can be ignored (extremely rare), but at least the game doesn't crash and can continue to play.

It is unknown if this bug can be triggered in singleplayer.
I plan to continue committing whatever bugfixes I make for my own gaming regardless of how active other people are. If nothing else it might result in a bugfix release eventually.

I plan to continue committing whatever bugfixes I make for my own gaming regardless of how active other people are.

Sounds good. :thumbsup:
(Most really active modmodders have access to SVN anyways.)

If nothing else it might result in a bugfix release eventually.

We will simply wait and see how many fixes there will be over time.
(One or two fixes of tiny issues do not yet justify a new release. Especially not after only a week since Release 1.9.)

I have also fixed another small issue.
(Haven't yet committed though, since I did not have a savegame to test my fix.)

Hi There,

I know this is a bit late and sorry I did not mention this before, but why can I build a monastary if I am protestant???:confused:

The Church of England had monastic orders, but none of Calvinist/Lutheran Orders (Dutch, Danish, Swedish) did - so why can they build monastaries....?

I mean this IS Religion & Revolution afterall..;)

I usually play Spanish / Portugese, but this time I am the Dutch and I have a monastary in evey town. At Revolutionary level, 1607, I am at Friendship level with the three nearest tribes and we are all sitting round the campfire singing Kumbia and they give me free food and silver:D

I know it would make playing Protestants harder, but I love the challenge.

So is there a way I can remove the ability of Protestants to make monastaries - at least for my games?

Thx

So is there a way I can remove the ability of Protestants to make monastaries - at least for my games?

Simply don't build them if you play a Protestant nation. :)
Nobody forces you to.

Otherwise it will need DLL programming.
(It is not possible to lock certain Improvments for specific Nations in XML.)

I mean this IS Religion & Revolution afterall..;)

We had a big concepts about religions but it was simply never implemented.

"Simply don't build them if you play a Protestant nation."

Yes, I could always do that - next game.:rolleyes:

I didn't expect that to happen given the activity level these days.

Well, it is simply my akward sense of repsonsibility. :)
I cannot stand having bugs in the logic I implemented.
Thus I get tempted to fix bugs reported, even though I am retired ... :crazyeye:

I have one issue with the rather good graphics in RaR. When I try to run RaR on a computer with 64 MB GPU memory I run out of storage for graphics and all on-map yield icons becomes black. I could survive that except that the colony screen uses the map, making it rather tricky to manage a colony. This is with the lowest quality settings. High quality settings crashes the game. No other mods has this issue.

Also it seems the graphics have never been tested on low end machines. Thunder clouds are animated even with frozen animations :crazyeye:

Apart from RaR being off limits for my poor old laptop I do have to say that I love the graphics. I admit not having looked at the lynx yet, but based on ray's post I assume it lives up to the general awesome quality :goodjob:

@Schmiddie:

Just saw in SVN that you animated the Lynx.
(Also took a look ingame.)

Awesome work. :goodjob:

Thanks!

I worked a lot of with blender the last days and now I'm able to do a lot of new things with it (self-made animations, new graphics etc.). It is a lot of work but a lof of fun, too! :D

I tried to animate the other missing animals as well - but there exists no good animation in civ 4 for sea-animals (the one of the humpack whale does not work with other animals - don't know why yet) I could work with - so I would have to prepare a completely new animation - that is a LOT OF work for just one or two animals....so I will presumably not do that.

But I currently work on new animations for some already existing units (the master brewer and the cannons for example).

Thanks!

I worked a lot of with blender the last days and now I'm able to do a lot of new things with it (self-made animations, new graphics etc.). It is a lot of work but a lof of fun, too! :D

:goodjob:

Is there a way to make a building available only from a certain year? I mean, I would like to have trainstations available from year 1750, for example.
That would require a DLL change. Maybe it wouldn't be that hard to implement (I haven't look in detail), but I think the game internals work on game turn, not year. The real problem is who should code it? There aren't any active coders for new features anymore :cry:

Is there a way to make a building available only from a certain year? I mean, I would like to have trainstations available from year 1750, for example.

Maybe you should try out Schmiddie's mod mod? It removes railroads\trains\trainstations and replaces them with plastered country roads\carriages\waystations among other small changes.

I think the best logic would be to move the train station down the tech tree so that city hall or even government palace is required to make it - not just town hall!
Problem is also the whole game develops too fast. WOI was finnished by 1698 for my last couple of games with normal game speed.

- but yea with no modding it's all a muh point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom