[Religion and Revolution]: Welcome ! (Read first please.)

Some intel from my huge America marathon game with historical natives.

1. I did NOT uncheck the wild animals. Neither land nor sea. Still with last version 2.5.2 I don't have any animals at all.

Funny enough there was a portugeese wolf in 'brasil'. Flag and everthing...(in retrospect I don't know if it is possible to accidently place one in world builder. I might have opened it to check for creatures.)

2. Some Canadian Iniuit offer cacao harvesting profession ^^

3. A coca bonus ressource near panama seems missplaced and yields hardly an coca.

4. A cotton bonus ressource in 'Nicaragua' seems missplaced and doesn't yield any cotton.

Thx for the Great work, I enjoy.

Which map do you exactly play? Name please
1. The wolf can be achieved by one funny event. Ray has implemented this funny event long time ago.
2. Currently possible. It is currently not controlled if it makes historically sense - this is only a game!
3. Don't know what you mean. Does it yield coca or not? Ressources sometimes are not placed historically correct. Please feel free to correct each scenario map if you like. This is not on my priority list. :)
4. Same - the bonus ressource does not yield the bonus? Never saw that before.

Please attach a savegame. This would help.

Thx for giving feedback.

I provide the save, makes it easier I guess :)

Edith says: I have 2.5.1

... 2 plot city radius.

Attachments

• Peter Stuyvesant n. Chr.-1594-April.ColonizationSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Ok, got it.

Nr. 3: You have a production discount in your colony for all yields since you have a value of -25 health! You need to upgrade your health system (medical office needs to be upgraded to town or city hospital) so that you can produce more health by a second healer in this building. In case you have a negative health in your colony you get a production discount!

Nr. 4: Seems strange. However, this is a scenario map. I assume that someone (maybe myself) put the bonus ressource cotton on the savannah land and it was not considered that cotton does not grow on savannah. Therefore you do not get any cotton out of this ressource.
EDIT: I checked the scenario map - there is the mistake: cotton has been set manually on savannah, therefore you get no cotton out of it.

Hmnn, Have I missed the info somewhere as to how to regain the 2 plot radius? I see hints in various sub-threads, but no info on how to regain it on the 2.5.1 update.

Just copy the CvGameCoreDLL.dll from the folder "2 city plot" into the "Assets" folder. Please note the "install instructions" in the main folder of the mod.

New Version: Religion and Revolution 2.6 has been published!

You can download the new version here:

Hi Folks,

I'm happy to inform you that a new version of Religion and Revolution has been published!

The newest of version 2.6 contains some bug-fixes and new features:
- Game Concepts / Texts for military units updated
- Some minor bugs and typos fixed
- Some new events implemented
- New Unit "Political Refugee" implemented (can be educated very fast in schools).
- Corrected promotion bombardment and added promotion high-sea fisherman
- Removed hardcoding for which units can move into peaks (can be edited in XML now) - by Nightinggale
- DLL for 2 Plot City Radius corrected / works fine now for both 1 and 2 Plot City radius, 2 Plot is standard
- Slightly changed required blades for cavalry
- Some small changes order of units in Europe Screen and price for Slaves
- Improvement of Peak graphic
- Implementation of Improvement "Sawmill"
- Bugfix military support by King fixed - King grants only military units now - diplomacy feature again works as intended.
- Some balancing
- Some small updates to some PublicMaps

DLL Sources and Makefile are included.

PLEASE NOTE THAT Version 2.6 IS NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE WITH PREVIOUS VERSIONS!

Best regards

Schmiddie

Attachments

• publish2_6_bild.png
    publish2_6_bild.png
    473.8 KB · Views: 2,192
Last edited:
Great effort,

do smuggler boats still have to pay taxes? In previous version they seem to have, to.

Also the event with a 'stranger' at the gates (pioneer, scout etc,) states my high level church buildings will yield +3 food, for one decision. I picked that, but it does not seem to work. At least + food is not shown at my abbey in city.

If I remember correctly, they did not pay taxes in previous versions. The issue was that it was not displayed in Europe correctly (ray could not solve this so we need to live with it). - but in fact they did not pay any taxes.

Is the MP desync bug fixed ? :)
.... dont need to play 1,5h only to see the desync screen again ....

Regards

If I remember correctly, they did not pay taxes in previous versions. The issue was that it was not displayed in Europe correctly (ray could not solve this so we need to live with it). - but in fact they did not pay any taxes.

Everytime I count the money after my smuggler ship sold goods, the taxes are still being paid. (Peace time, own homeland Harbour that is.)

Everytime I count the money after my smuggler ship sold goods, the taxes are still being paid. (Peace time, own homeland Harbour that is.)

That is the problem. You have to send it to Port Royal, not Europe.

Ah,

would my pirate frigates have to pay "taxes" in Port Royal?

EDITH SAYS: I do also pay the 20% tax for Port Royal with my SMUGGLER ships.

Is there any sense in buying them prior to independence?
I bought 6, because I hoped I could bypass the tax in Europe...which doesn`t work.
In Port Royal I pay 20%, which is not as bad as kings taxes by now of course.
But the investment for all those ships was quiet large.

Last edited:
Depends on your approach. If you're not giving in to King's demands, your tax will rise quite quickly to 50%+, so estabilishing alternate means of profit quickly is quite important. If you're playing along, you might end up with stable 30-ish tax, and then smuggling won't become profitable for a long time.

This is an amazing mod. Thank you.
I used the WB a bit to check on the AI and it works reasonably well, with 2 exceptions: it doesn't prioritize master carpenters and wood, instead chooses to harvest valuable wood if it has lumberjacks, plus is slow in building processing buildings, it prefers horizontal expansion.

Top Bottom