Resource icon

Religion Expanded [including 7 fully-rendered buildings] 2017-10-22

pokiehl

Deity
pokiehl submitted a new resource:

Religion Expanded [including 7 fully-rendered buildings] - Adds 41 new beliefs, enabling 16 religions per map.

Religion Expanded is a mod that increases the limit of religions per game to 16 instead of 7. There are 41 new beliefs added to the vanilla ones, including 7 new buildings.

New Religious Buildings
  • Atashkadeh: +3 Faith, +2 Culture
  • Minervium: +3 Faith, Gold equivalent to Holy Site’s adjacency bonus
  • Poseidonium: +3 Faith, and +1 Faith and +2 Gold for Fishing Boats.
  • Serapeum: +3 Faith, and +1 Influence Point towards envoys every...

Read more about this resource...

Some images of the new buildings:

Minervium:

Serapeum:

Atashkadeh:

Poseidonium:

Some of those are vastly more powerful than the beliefs in the base game. That might sound negative, but that is in fact a good thing :thumbsup:. Using this mod means there actually is a significant opportunity cost to ignoring religion even when not going for a religious victory, whereas up to now I've been comfortable ignoring religion entirely, so consider me subbed. Also: fantastic graphics!

@Ravellion - Thank you very much! I'm interested in balance, so please let me know if something seems way too much.

@Brackenspore - Hey, thanks for the translation! I'll add that in a few days. I will credit you. As for Atashkadeh, you are correct, but I worked hard on that model and didn't want to give it up. It was already done by the time Firaxis released the new content :). I will definitely consider those future buildings - thanks for the ideas.

:goodjob:So amazing MOD,my type.But where's the direct download:shifty:,would you please upload it here:love:?

This mod looks pretty great, but I don't have internet at home. Could you please upload it to an external website like Dropbox or Google Drive?
I would assume Mac-Users would also like that.

Hi

Seems like a cool mod and I'd like to try it out. Not sure about how I should read the "increases the limit of religions" though? I like to play huge maps with only 5-6 possible great prophets so there's fewer religions in the game. Would this be possible with this mod (possible by editing your files ;))??

\Skodkim

Hey Skodkim - I'd love it if you tried it out! So when you download it, go to the Steam mods folder, 1178185727 is my mod's number. Then go to Core and open the file called Config. Look for the number "16" with Ctrl +F and replace that with whatever number you want the max # of religions. Or you can use Ctrl + H to do "find and replace."

Please let me know if my directions were not clear.

Hey Skodkim - I'd love it if you tried it out! So when you download it, go to the Steam mods folder, 1178185727 is my mod's number. Then go to Core and open the file called Config. Look for the number "16" with Ctrl +F and replace that with whatever number you want the max # of religions. Or you can use Ctrl + H to do "find and replace."

Please let me know if my directions were not clear.
Will definitely try it out (and your instructions are very clear!) as I feel religion is quite underwhelming atm. Both concerning number of beliefs and the benefits of these. Don't know when I'll get around to starting a new game as time is short and I'm kind of waiting for an update to a few mods, e.g. Tomatekh's Historical Religions and CQUI.

I've been using Atlas religion mod for the last games and I really like how this buffs most beliefs, but AFAIK it doesn't add anything. This mod add stuff but you don't change the existing ones, do you? A combination would be nice :crazyeye:

\Skodkim

I've been using Atlas religion mod for the last games and I really like how this buffs most beliefs, but AFAIK it doesn't add anything. This mod add stuff but you don't change the existing ones, do you? A combination would be nice :crazyeye:

\Skodkim

I still haven't taken a look at Pokiehl's code, but it seems as though nothing should conflict between our mods. The mods should be usable together, though obviously they are not designed to go together. Some of my buffed beliefs literally encompass some of his/her added beliefs (purchasing settlers/builders/traders) while others are identical (+2 influence pantheon).

I also do not intend to add new beliefs to my mod (even with the R&F update I am currently working on), so they should remain compatible. I may at some point add new beliefs as a separate mod, but I'd probably have to find someone else to do art.

Perhaps @pokiehl and I could coordinate in the future! I love your City-States and I see you and @thecrazyscot are coordinating on those, so it doesn't seem implausible.

When I build the new buildings (I've tried the gold and influence ones so far) I get a big, red 3-D exclamation mark over my Holy District. I'm currently playing with AOSECs Ireland which replaces the regular Holy District with an Abbey, but I think it happened also in my previous game with Russia. Any ideas on how I fix it? Is it even related to this mod?

Top Bottom