1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Religion Help Text

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by deanej, Dec 26, 2009.

1. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I've used python to cause civs that have a certain state religion to get 2 XP when a unit is created in a city with that religion. I tried adding help text so that players would be aware of this fact and got an XML error. I looked at the schema file only to discover to my horror that religions can't get help text! How can I link this in so the text is displayed?

2. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

Well, you could clone the <Help> tag from some other XML file to CvReligionInfo in the SDK, and add a function to access it.

I imagine you'd then need to make the religion text functions in CvGameTextMgr read this so that it's added to the pedia and in-game display.

3. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Thankfully the Help tag is a global tag so I only needed to add a couple if statements to CvGameTextMgr.cpp.