Religion

dayhjawk

Chieftain
I have been wondering this and tring different concepts figured that I would post here as someone might have a clue.

When you find a religion, what effects which city it is founded in? Is it random, or is there any way to push it sort to say into a city that I would like it in?

Roughly, as far as I know, the game decides based on (in order of priority) fewest religions already present, and size of city. Also, it cannot be your capital if you have other cities; or at least, the numbers are weighted such that the odds of it being your capital are slim to none.

I remember seeing a formula, but I can't remember the exact numbers.

v8 is pretty much right. It has a chance to be in any city, but the odds are if you have a city with no religion, it wil more than likely be there. I don't have the formula, either, but the fewer the religions, the more likely it will be there. It's rare to get a double holy city when you have more than one city, but it is definitly possible.

well I have 5 cities, 3 military and 2 comm (one of which is my capital) seems like no matter what happens it always ends up in the military ones. there is no other religion in my cities.

tried saving the turn before i learn my religion and the oracle to be built so I can learn civil services, but no matter what happens it always goes to the same city, which is my military city.

If I'm not mistaken, holy cities act like combat results as in that reloading does nothing to change the outcome unless you have the load new seed option checked.

I could be wrong, though.

yeah i kinda figured that.

so its just random which city will find the religion? so is there any way to influence it... taking into consideration that all cities (4-6 only) has no religion.

From personal experience, it almost always founds in the newest city settled (especially those close to the borders with enemies).

Top Bottom