Religions

New civics are something you could do post release, as a module.

FWIW, in my personal mod i had CityStates (could probably have a better name) for Government, Corporatocracy for Economy, Unionization for Labor, and State Atheism for Religion. I forgot what i had for Legal.

However, its a bad idea to add entirely new civic categories through modules.

I'm not against adding new civics, but I wouldn't add new categories. I have always thought the civics were slightly lacking in scope. However, I am against adding new civics simply to do it, they'd have to be worthwhile and I'd like to make sure each category gets a new one, so if those two things can't be accomplished I'd rather forgoe it than add them.

I'm not against adding new civics, but I wouldn't add new categories. I have always thought the civics were slightly lacking in scope. However, I am against adding new civics simply to do it, they'd have to be worthwhile and I'd like to make sure each category gets a new one, so if those two things can't be accomplished I'd rather forgoe it than add them.

Well, I'm just putting it out there.

New civics can be easily added through modules (just the one CivicsInfos.xml file), but adding a new civic category is much more difficult, because then the part of the CivilizationInfos file that determines Starting Civics would have to be edited. And then with you planning on making modular civics, there would probably have to be two versions, one with the new civics included, one without. So it is a bad idea to add new Civic Categories modularly.

Alright, we'll discuss that once we arrive at it. Anyway I figure I'd show you guys a preview of the new Aesir Missionary since I've shown you the new cutscene:

I plan on making new missionaries for many of the new religions, I think I'll work on either the Celtic, Pesedjet or Shamanistic missionary next. :goodjob:

Attachments

• AesirMissionary.jpg
    AesirMissionary.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 421
Wow, man, that looks great! :goodjob:

Agreed, awesome unit!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I just thought a few of the missionaries could use some improvement, here is the revamped Druidic missionary:

Basically all I did was remove the wreath from his head, replace it with a hood and reskin it. I also reattached the beard so it would stay down rather than point out when the unit raised his head.

The other ones I want to fix up a bit are the Shamanistic, Teotl, and Vodun missionaries. The others will remain the same. The only problem is I can't find something I'd really like to use for the Shamanistic missionary (the only image I could find to base it on is already being used as the Native American Great Prophet), I can't find anything I think I am capable of making for the Teotl missionary, and as for the Vodun missionary, well I'm not sure exactly what to use since all I can really find are modern incarnations of voodoo priests, and I'd rather go a little bit more towards the roots of Vodun. So any help here would be appreciated. :goodjob:

Attachments

• DruidicMissionary.jpg
    DruidicMissionary.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 451
Nice work on both missionaries, Capo.
Also on the subject brought up earlier on new civics... eh, always against adding more I guess. Irritating to balance since two wonders grant access to each, and if you add one civic you have to add one to each of the other categories.
Though on a related note... been wondering about a wonder that could add early access to one of the other civic branches, but not much ever came to mind on specific wonders tied to specific branches, just thought I'd toss the idea up if anyone had their own thoughts.

Well guys, right now I'm working on the new Voodoo missionary, after that the Shamanistic one is the last one I need to create, after that I can polish this thing up and get it ready for the next playtest's release.

Another reason why this latest playtest has taken so long is because I am trying to get this to be the last major unit overhaul, and I have a big one coming up that should free up a lot of space. Basically I am waiting on Bakuel's Indian units, I have PMed him back and forth a few times and I am pretty confident that if I wait for their release I can get them in the mod for the next playtest. After that it is mainly cosmetic things and the mod will be "finished." :goodjob:

I don't really know what to use as a base for the voodoo missionary, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks to SaibotLieh I got a lot of these missionaries finished up and now I have to move on to finishing up the cutscenes and then I can finally get this thing wrapped up. Damn this has been a lot of work.

Anyway, here's a preview of the new Shamanistic Missionary, looks much better than the old one huh?

Attachments

• Shaman.jpg
    Shaman.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 953
:goodjob: Excellent as always, Capo!

Alright guys, I have finally finished the last missionary! This time it is the Teotl Missionary. He is loosely based on this image:

I might do some reskinning or a small amount of editing, but anyway here he goes:

So, that does it for the missionaries. The inquisitors were already finished but I'll probably have to go back and look at a few of them just in case. The only other issue I have right now is that the inquisition requires Holy Offices, and there were generic ones given to me for it but I want to make them match the religion (currently they just look the same with the symbol on them). So the quicker I can compile buildings for the new religions the quicker I can get the playtest out. So help would be needed here.

The basic requirements are that the buildings we decide on aren't already used by the mod (basically the lastest version of cultrual citystyles) and that they fit the rest of the religious buildings. So I'll post some ideas for now, but I hope I can rely on you guys to look on some buildings, this part may prove difficult...

Attachments

• TeotlMissionary.jpg
    TeotlMissionary.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 352
I'd wear that headdress out on the street! :p Seriously, though, that's awesome!

OMFG that headdress is beast.

I'd wear that headdress out on the street! :p Seriously, though, that's awesome!

It will look even better soon, I still have some work to do on it. :goodjob:

And if you guys think that looks great check out the Teotl cutscene...

...courtesy of SaibotLieh. :goodjob:

And yes, that is a human heart.

Attachments

• TeotlCutscene.jpg
    TeotlCutscene.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 327
Me gusta. Quite fitting, too, since the Aztecs were so...bloodthirsty

Quick update: finally finished updating the units for the next playtest, now I just have to plug in the new Inquisition, test it and hopefully it will be ready.

There is one thing I am going to need help with. The way the Inquisition is set up requires the player to construct a "Holy Office" in a city in order to train Inquisitors. This is perfectly fine with me, however I don't have unique art for this building (each religion has the exact same building model for their Holy Office) and I do not like the name of the building and would rather opt for more religiously specific/appropriate names. So what I am asking for is ideas; if you guys can help me come up with graphics and names for each religion's Holy Office that would be very helpful. :goodjob:

Top Bottom