Religions

Yehah, I'd like to see how you stuffed in Seminararararis into the equation here...

You'll see. First I am going to finish up some of the Inquisitors I still need (I am going to recreate some of the missionaries too actually), and I have to wait on "someone" to finish a couple of models for some of them too. But I'll get as far as I can on my own and use temporary units until I can get this right.

As usual I will provide some images of the new ones I create.

I am going to finish the units first, mainly because I am not sure how they will work out and I want to run them by a few unit-makers I know once I create some of them in case they have suggestions or in case they can help what will undoubtedly be a set of poorly-constructed units. ;)

@ cybrxkhan; I can tell you right now what I am going to do; she is going to be the Anunaki Inquisitor, I am actually going to reskin Al Kahina and turn her into the Ba'alim Inquisitor. There will most likely be changes to some other ones, expect the Olympic, Shinto and Shamanistic religions to get a COMPLETE make-over (i.e. the missionaries will be different too).

Well guys, I promised a preview so here's a preview. I marked them to make it easier to distinguish (although it was pretty obvious which one was to which religion). But here are the Voodoo, Shaman, Baalim and Anunaki Inquisitors. The Voodoo and Shaman religions will also be getting new missionaries. :goodjob:

I didn't really want to spend too much time working on these units, so for the most part they are simple NifSwaps, there was some reskinning involved too but, again, I don't want to get too caught up in making these units.

Attachments

• New Inquisitors.jpg
    New Inquisitors.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 366
Okay, well I figured I'd update you on where I am so far with the Inquisition thing. Basically what I wanted to do was first create the Inquisitors (which I am doing now), then install/merge Inquisitions themselves, then install/merge Tsentom's Spanish Inquisition project, then mess around with the religious victory conditions (if necessary) and hope that by then either Bakuel has made those Indian and Russian units (I am extremely excited for these two sets, probably more than I have been for any other set, although I was pretty happy when he made the Turks) or ThomasSG has figured out this DCN thing. Either way the next playtest should be pretty awesome since it will basically be the last one. I'll probably have one more trouble-shooting playtest after that.

Anyway, right now I have SOMETHING (even if only a placeholder unit) for the following religions: Aesir, Anunaki, Baalim, Buddhist, Christian, Confucian, Druid, Hindu, Islamic, Jewish, Olympic, Shamanism, Shinto, Taoism, Teotlism, and Voodoo.

Which means I am missing two religions, in this case Zoroastrianism and Pesedjet. The Zoroastrian one I have already had an idea for, so haven't made it yet since it will be quite easy. Pesedjet, I have no idea what to do simply because I don't know which combination of Egyptian crap to throw together to create it. :crazyeye:

On top of that I am unhappy with the current Inquisitors I have for the following religions; Druidism, Olympic, and Jewish.

In one case (Olympic) I am getting a model that I can use, so I am not as worried about that one. Which basically leaves me with four left. I know, we all agreed the Jewish one was good, but compared to the other units in the game it looks like it is lacking in quality. But since I only have two more left I'll probably just use a placeholder unit for Egypt and create the Zoroastrian one and then move on to merging in Inquisitors. :goodjob:

...which I have failed at three times previously. :(

Well, I decided just to make the units anyway. It didn't take that long. Here they are...

So, I have all of the place-holder Inquisitors ready, now it is time for the tricky part, which is merging in Inquisitors. I don't know why I have had so much trouble with this, because as far as I can tell it should be an easy modcomp to add. So wish me luck, this might take me a few days to do unfortunately. :blush:

Attachments

• ZoroRaInq.jpg
    ZoroRaInq.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 392
Love the pesedjet guy. -Very- nice work on these units, Capo.

Sorry guys, I got pretty hammered over the Halloween weekend, so yeah, I am not going to lie. I haven't done anything about putting the Inquisitors in yet.

Tonight are the mid-term elections in the United States, and I am a political junkie, so I'll probably not be working on it tonight (or tomorrow to watch the coverage), but I promise to have some updates and informationf or you soon.

Once I finish this up I am going to get the next playtest prepared, so it should be ready within the next week. As of right now the plan is to have one more update/upgrade/whatever you want to call it and then one last playtest (just to catch mistakes, or to see if we need more content) and then I am going to be ready to release it. Too bad there won't be as much interest, considering Civ V is out. Oh well.

Too bad there won't be as much interest, considering Civ V is out. Oh well.

Compare how lively the Civ4 section is compared to the Civ5. Trust me, interest is still there. Especially after the hype for 5 died down and people saw it more for what it was.

I like CV, but it's too simple for me. CIV is where it's at!

So far I have two people who have requested playtests, these are both new playtesters (well one is an old playtester, but has returned so to speak). I am going to assume that the playtesters from last playtest are in, so once this is ready I'll send it to all of you. That makes about nine playtesters, which is a pretty good number.

I once again failed to get the Inquisitors working, which sucks because I was somehow able to do it in one try with the original Diplomacy. I guess I lost a step somewhere. :crazyeye:

Anyway, Smeagolheart has offered to merge in Inquisitors and the Spanish Inquisition project by Tsentom1, which will basically round out what I wanted to do for this mod. Once he finishes doing this, it will be the second-to-last playtest. The last playtest of course will be the final version of the mod, the point of the playtest being to check for anything I forgot to do. Once I get all of the resources Smeagolheart needs to do this prepared, and get the mod updated for the next playtest I will take a little time off from the mod to finish my current batch of LHs. I figure this will also give you guys some time to really get into the mod and see what needs to be fixed or changed.

So, I apologize for my lack of posts/communication the past couple of weeks, but I hope that the next couple of playtests will go through quickly since we're nearing the end of this thing.

Sorry for my lack of being here and inability to playtest, Capo. Been really busy. And will probably continue to be busy, at least for the month. Job hunting (looking pretty certain I'll be working at Blizzard), relationship stuff (head over heels in love with a beautiful woman. Who now also is interested in your mod, so I'm at least helping there!), moving again sometime, etc.
It's not that I've lost interest, I've just got a -lot- of distractions. -lot-.

I'm not able to playtest anymore because you've added SDK changes. I still check these forums fairly regularly though :)

I tried to avoid it Xyth, but the only way I could get what I wanted in the game along with performance (and in some cases the only way I could get what I wanted in the game period) was to use SDK. I appreciate all of your help though, and if you need anything let me know and I'd be happy to help out if I can.

As for now, Smeagolheart is working on the Inquisition. We'll see how he does, hopefully it is up to spec. :goodjob:

In the meantime, I'm going to take a break to make LHs. The next batch should be out relatively soon.

No worries. It's important for a modder to make the mod that they want to play first and foremost. When it's released I'll still get to go through and borrow all the great art! :)

Speaking of art, I got some new Greco-Roman models that I'm editing into some Great People and Civilian units. Here is preview of what will eventually become the Greco-Roman Inquisitor.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• NewOlympicInq.jpg
    NewOlympicInq.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 289
Top Bottom