"Religious Victory"?

Maybe a Religious victory could be something like creating a Great Person called the Messiah. Obviously, its going to require a lot of preconditions before he can be born like having X amount of Great Prophets before hand and spreading religion to 100% of the world.

No. I think having a GP that represents the religion's Messiah would be too controversial. The thing with religion in a civ game is that it has to represent a key historical concept while at the same time not offending too many people.

Also, I think messiah is a Jewish/ derivative concept, not necessarily shared by Eastern religions

Is it possible that your Founder tenet affects your Apostles and gives you a unique Religious Victory condition? Owning the Holy City of a religion lets you get the Founder benefits of that religion, including the potential Victory condition?

Per the description of Mont-Saint Michel, Apostles can have chosen abilities. The Wonder grants them the Martyr ability in addition to those.

Also, I think messiah is a Jewish/ derivative concept, not necessarily shared by Eastern religions

Actually, there are some concepts of a messiah in Eastern Religions. Buddhism and Hinduism both have versions of one for example.

No. I think having a GP that represents the religion's Messiah would be too controversial. The thing with religion in a civ game is that it has to represent a key historical concept while at the same time not offending too many people.

If we have messiahs, I'd like to be able to name them. Mine would usually be called Tommy.

Actually, there are some concepts of a messiah in Eastern Religions. Buddhism and Hinduism both have versions of one for example.
Yes. The concept of the Godhead taking human form is part of both Hinduism and Buddhism. The role of such a person may be different in each religion, but the idea is the same.

Pastafarianism has no concept of a Messiah, I would be very offended if they were to introduce such a concept and force it onto my religion, as it would clearly be a sign that they value other religions over my own.

Whatever is necessary to become the one true religion, spawning a Messiah can certainly not be it.

Pastafarianism has no concept of a Messiah, I would be very offended if they were to introduce such a concept and force it onto my religion, as it would clearly be a sign that they value other religions over my own.

Whatever is necessary to become the one true religion, spawning a Messiah can certainly not be it.
As soon as somebody mods "pastafarianism" into the game, you can get your exception.

Well, I may have to boycott the game if my religion has once again been deemed unfit to being added as an official one. :shake:

Well, I may have to boycott the game if my religion has once again been deemed unfit to being added as an official one. :shake:

Well they did say they had Lots of religious symbols, the noodly one would definitely not be worth excluding
(ones could be good to exclude for similarity to Civ Symbols/other game symbols/extreme sensitivity..ie I doubt the swastika will be in)

Top Bottom