[GS] Reminder you can 'disable' the splash intro movie

I wish i could do that with the loadscreen for games!

There is an indirect hacky way to swap such animated/background from the corresponding (C6..RF..GS) "Movies" folder(s) -- with anything you'd care to use instead of defaults.

Example;

1) Path for the bk2 files of Gathering Storm == (YourDrive):\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC\Expansion2\platforms\windows\Movies
2) Target Movie file of menu backdrop == Expansion2FrontEndBackground.bk2
3) Make a copy of that default file (i just rename it with two underlines prefix.. __)
4) Find your preferable swap Movie (as a unique COPY) & give it the same name as #2 above.
5) Move that custom file into the #1 path.

Make sure the replacer has the same format/size as the original.

You can test this method with TUT_OUTRO.bk2 .. which can be found in the Base\..\Movies folder.

Although if Firaxis updates/patches the Civ6 core installation, that will rewrite the default Movie(s) from anywhere. You then gotta check again & repeat the process of swapping.

PS; If you meant those "Leaders" intros with Audio comments.. sadly, it is MUCH more complex to alter as it involves many custom engine fixes & other resources to "swap" too.

Last edited:
I actually like the new logo animations. I don't have any volume problems with them.
Thats fine, im just saying if you want to get rid of them then dont mess around with all this downloading zero byte files and renaming and copying etc. Just delete.

The vanilla game failed to launch if you deleted the bik files.
But it looks like this is no longer the case with GS.
So yeah, just rename/delete the bik files.
LOGO_2KFiraxis.bk2
logos.bik

Top Bottom