1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove colony creation restriction

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by ace0015, Oct 12, 2010.

1. ace0015

ace0015 Chieftain

Hi,

I want to make a simple change that would allow a civ to make colonies anywhere on the map, i.e. without the continent/minimum city count etc. restrictions that are in place. The idea is to have human civs compete with each other through the management of a large empire, where if the 'home cities' aren't managed well colonies could break off, etc., and each human player could control a number of colonies, but would be limited to the number of user-controlled cities (that last part would be a house rule, not a mod). Just something new for a change.

The problem is, I can't find a mod which does this, I don't know how to do it myself, or even if it is a simple process. Could anyone let me know which file would need to be modified, and how I could go about doing it? I have a very limited knowledge of DLL files (basically how to open them and make pre-defined changes), but have never made a mod before.

After some searching I found there used to be a mod just like what I'm looking for, but it's no longer available (and never was for 3.19), however the creator provided the coding. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=237367&highlight=colony
    Is there anything that could be done with this?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Super Moderator Supporter

I guess you could mean something like this.
    RevDCM should be the closest to what you think of.