Remove Lumber Mill for Celts

Danvil

Chieftain
I am playing as Celts and they get +1 faith in a city if there is an unimproved forest tile adjacent to the city and +2 faith if there are three or more. Accidently, I placed a lumber mill in such a forest and I would like to remove it. How can I do this?

By removing the forest. No other way mate, sorry:)

the solution is not removing lumber mills, what if later game i need no faith and a lot of production? wouldn't i want to be able to build a lumber mill?

Im afraid enough at first to not even build a road on it - but eventually i will put a trade post on it (if river) or lumbermill (if not).

BTW, TS - What if your ONLY forest spawns an Iron under it - should you be unable to build the mine? No, you should choose between faith and iron unless of course you settle a holy site on it...

He means the ability TO REMOVE a lumbermill, not to have lumbermills removed as an improvement choice for Celts.

Answer : like andulias said, you can't without destroying the forest, which doesn't solve the problem

I miss being able to plant forests. I wish that'd come back for G&K.

I am playing as Celts and they get +1 faith in a city if there is an unimproved forest tile adjacent to the city and +2 faith if there are three or more. Accidently, I placed a lumber mill in such a forest and I would like to remove it. How can I do this?

I wouldn't fret unless you beelined for construction because the small bonus from unimproved forest won't serve you very well once you've established your religion at that point you'll probably be putting lumbermills in.

You could try having a worker start making another improvement (like a TP) for one turn. This will remove the LM. Not sure if this will make the tile count as unimproved, but I would think it should.

So no way to remove the lumber mill without destroying the forest... These celts are a bit extreme regarding the holiness of there woods ;)
There should definitely (for other reasons too) be the options to plant a forest.

Go back to a save before you made the error, or put it down to experience and learn from it...

Imho, it's no different from "accidentally" taking the last city of a civ, then complaining that you've been labeled a warmonger...

The "undo a turn" in civ is the save/load buttons!

Isn't there an option to pillage your own improvements? I know you can remove a road with a worker. If you could, then pillaging the lumber mill wouldn't remove the forest.

You could try having a worker start making another improvement (like a TP) for one turn. This will remove the LM. Not sure if this will make the tile count as unimproved, but I would think it should.
Yes this works. The tile info says it's unimproved. However there are some artifacts/remnants of something remaining.

So, purists, it looks spoiled but it isn't.

Top Bottom