Removing Growth from AI Handicap list

Should "Growth Discount" be removed from AI handicap list?

• Yes (I play Immortal+)

• No (I play Immortal+)

• Yes (I play Emperor-)

• No (I play Emperor-)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Goddess of Love, God-King and Ancestor Worship are fine player choices for religious civs; I often pick God-King with Spain and Love with India, for example.

Goddess of Love, God-King and Ancestor Worship are fine player choices for religious civs; I often pick God-King with Spain and Love with India, for example.
Maybe they are, for religious civs. My point is that they are broken for AI due to extra growth

I think the game shows its worth other people trying it out. I don't think one good game showcases the change should be made.
I certainly agree with that, one game is not enough to say. I'm not that guy from the picture who is forecasting dozens of husbands. But at least it is a proof of concept

I am more and more convinced that Growth handicap is just not needed. Take a look at my OCC game, it very competitive and balanced: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...d-of-amsterdam-deity-occ-photojournal.635373/

AI is just about as strong as it should be, it just does not have stupid 50 population in its cities
Isn't the Netherlands literally the strongest OCC civ? No one else can snowball culture so hard regardless of city count. Maybe Morrigan Authority Celts if they have a ton of rivals to grind?

Isn't the Netherlands literally the strongest OCC civ? No one else can snowball culture so hard regardless of city count. Maybe Morrigan Authority Celts if they have a ton of rivals to grind?
He probably is. Another civ i can think of is Portugal. You can;t grind that much cause you have limited supply.

But my point was not about me being strong. It was about AI being in a good spot

I'd like to point that out one more time. I posted 2nd game without Growth Handicap. It is just not needed, it does not make AI stronger but only breaks the balance. I encourage everyone to try that.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-and-the-power-of-trade-and-diplomacy.636003/

So my thought it...should we look at the strength of growth for humans?

If the high populations for the AI are not increasing its difficulty to any degree...that suggests that maybe growing isn’t strong enough

So my thought it...should we look at the strength of growth for humans?

If the high populations for the AI are not increasing its difficulty to any degree...that suggests that maybe growing isn’t strong enough
How would you look at it? I'm sure it is okay.

Top Bottom