Renewing open borders?

pulzar

Chieftain
I'm playing on a Pangaea map, I'm all the way on the left, and I'm fighting Americans who are all the way on the right. A huge Greek empire is between us, and I have Open Borders with them. It takes me a while to get my army across and have everything positioned to start making a push against American forces, and after my artillery has just started shelling his first city the Open Borders pact with Greece ends and all my units get magically transported across the world back to my territory. Greece happily signs a new Open Borders pact, but I still have to start my advance from scratch.

But, instead, I just quit the game in frustration.

Is there a way around this? Can I "renew" an existing Open Borders deal to avoid unit teleportation?

I'm not sure, but isn't it possible to renew open borders the turn before the agreement expires?

All the expiring treaties are very clumsily implemented. I've had a similar problem putting my units into Indian territory on another continent to help defend him against French attack. Every 30 turns my units got dumped into an angry city state or back onto my continent.

At least it didn't put your units into the nearest valid spaces for them to occupy, i.e. the lands of your American enemy.

Top Bottom