Request for civilization

Hello guys!
My name is Vinicius, I live in Brazil.
I have tried to make a civilization to have fun playing "roleplay" style, but I have been more angry than anything.
In Civ5 I was able to build a complete civilization, but my friends and I bought Civ6 and did not have time to relearn all the functions and mechanics.
I'm a nurse and I work in the city's emergency mobile service (ambulance), so I do not have much free time.

Moderator Action: Post edited, no public request for paid job please. Gedemon

The civilization would be: modern Brazil, led by Lula da Silva, with two or three units and unique constructions, unique abilities for the country and the leader, and customized images, not 3d sprites, only the static images.
Someone interested?

Sincerely, Vinicius.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any plans for what those units, infrastructure, abilities, etc, might be? Because if you already know what you want, it's not a huge amount of work to get them functioning in the game (I say as the new expansion comes out, knowing nothing about modding for it yet). If you do, you mind detailing them here, or at least working versions of them?

I have in mind almost everything, just don't know what can and what can't be implemented due to the limitations of the modifiers.
For now I only have the Vanilla version, but I plan to buy the DLC.
I'm on my 24-hour shift today, so as soon as I get home I'll pass the specs.
Thanks.

I have in mind almost everything, just don't know what can and what can't be implemented due to the limitations of the modifiers.
For now I only have the Vanilla version, but I plan to buy the DLC.
I'm on my 24-hour shift today, so as soon as I get home I'll pass the specs.
Thanks.

This is out of topic, but I'm a bit surprised 24-hour shift also exist there. We're trying to get rid of this system gradually here.

@Gedemon
Sorry! My mistake, i didn't knew that it was against the rules... mostly because i didn't read the rules. e.e

@luei333
I have in mind almost everything, just do not know what can and what can not be implemented due to the limitations of the modifiers.
I do not know the names of Civ texts in english, so sorry if I use any different terms.

Unique Ability of the Civilization:
Ordem e Progresso (Order and Progress): Add +1 slot for economic policy and +1 slot for diplomatic policy; also removes 1 slot for military policy. +1 slot for military policy with civic Communism.

Unique Ability of the Leader:
Um país de todos! (A country of all!): Add +0.5 food for each citizen in the city. +5 Gold per Residential District with civic Communism.

Unique Buildings:
Casas Populares (Popular Houses): Provides +4 Housing, +2 Culture and +2 Gold. Replaces Residential District. Same requirements.
Petrobras: It replaces the Factory, has the same bonuses and requirements of the original building, but also adds +5 Gold, +5 Culture and doubles the amount of the Petroleum (I think it's just "Oil" in english, but in portuguese we call it petroleum) resource.
CAPES: Replaces the Research Lab, but unlocks with Scientific Theory technology instead of Chemistry technology. Provides the same bonus, plus +1 Food, +1 slot for citizen and +5 Culture.

Unique Units:
Pracinha: Replaces Infantry, unlocks with the civic Mobilization, has the same initial bonuses, but +1 movement and generates culture points by defeating enemies. When in continent other than the capital of Brazil +1 movement.
Minas Gerais: Existing unique unit in Brazil of Pedro II (Vanilla)
Pacificador (Peacemaker): Unit similar to Spec Ops (Rise and Fall), unlocks with civic Cultural Heritage, Production cost 500, purchase cost 500, melee 60, ranged 65, range 2, movement 3, maintenance 5. When in continent different from the Brazilian capital, +10 combat strength and +1 movement.

Start Bias: River plains.
Preferred Religion: Catholicism.

The pictures and descriptions I can take care of provide / write / build over time.
What do you think about the info above?

@BenZL43
Here in Brazil, this type of working day is very common for health professionals, especially those working in the emergency area.
Our team is composed of a Nurse (me, also team leader), a Nursing Technician, two Rescue Drivers and a Physician. We split in two ambulances and stayed in a base, which is practically a common house, and we attended the calls that the central of regulation of emergencies sends us.
When there are no calls, we stay in this house doing anything, or even playing Civilization kkk

Wow, that's a lot of stuff. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that civ would be way OP. But maybe that's the point. But you did provide pretty much everything. One thing you might need, though, is a leader agenda. Your leader is Lula de Silva, yes? You could use an existing agenda if you want, or choose your own.

For Ordem e Progresso, you might not actually be able to just take away a policy slot from a player. I have yet to test it, but it wouldn't hurt to have an alternative if it won't work. One way you might consider tweaking it, is having one slot type replace another, like Jadwiga's ability.

For Um país de todos!, the only yield you can change based on a city's population is Gold, unfortunately. Unless you get into Lua code.

For the Petrobras, I'm not sure what you mean by 'doubling' the amount of oil for the city. Do you mean doubling the plot yields, or literally granting more copies of the Oil resource itself??

So, I have actually put together, like, all of it. One thing I need, though, is graphics. It crashes otherwise, it seems. I think I can get a good pic of Lula de Silva easily enough, but what would you like to use as the Civilization icon? Just the one from the base game? Do you have any good pictures of any of the buildings or units? Otherwise, I'll just have them use base game stuff. I'll finish this up probably some time tomorrow, and share it here.

@luei333
Yes Yes! I know this will be well unbalanced, but that's the intention, it's just for fun and roleplay, not for top-level games.

Ah, I forgot the Agenda, it may be an existing one, Ideologue is the perfect agenda for Lula.

If the take away of slot for military policy does not work for Ordem e Progresso, your solution is also good for me, replacing the slot for military policy with a Wildcard Slot.

For the Um país de todos! You can substitute for +1 Food for Farms, Plantations, Pastures and Fishing Boats.

The Petrobras bônus feature is to duplicate the oil resource. Ex: 1 to 2, or 4 to 8.

If it is not too much, I would like to include one more building: the "Transposição" (Transposition), replaces Aqueduct, has the same requirements and bonuses, but also provides +1 Food and +1 Gold for Farms, Plantations and Pastures adjacent to Transposition.

As for the images and graphics, base Brazil Civilization icons and images can remain the same, I would just like the color of the text (as in the names of cities) to be red.
Casas Populares has the same icon as the Residential District.
Transposição has the same icon as the Aqueduct.
Minas Gerais: it has the same icon of the original unit of Pedro II.

The other images I'll leave attached here.

Anything else you need, post here that I'll try to respond in the shortest possible time.

Attachments

• BACKGROUND.jpg
    BACKGROUND.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 210
  • CAPES.png
    CAPES.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Pacificador.jpeg
    Pacificador.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Pracinha.png
    Pracinha.png
    21 KB · Views: 244
  • Lula1.jpg
    Lula1.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 244
  • Lula2.jpg
    Lula2.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 236
  • petrobras.jpg
    petrobras.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 182
So, I have the mod ready to test, and compile, and stuff, a few abilities not in yet, only Lula's images, but I'm getting a really weird crash to desktop every time I try to start a game with it.... And I have no idea why whatsoever. I've stripped it back to pretty much nothing, and it still is CTDing me. I also have the same problem when I just load the game's leader/civ tutorial template, but it gives the same CTD, which it never has before. I am so frustrated! It only took me like 4 hours to do basically everything, but I've wasted so many more just trying in vain to fix this....

I'm gonna try more tomorrow, and if I can't get it working, somehow, I'll just upload everything I have anyways... God damn, this is annoying.

@luei333 Relax, man. Do not overheat your head with it.

This crash in loading, going straight to the desktop, with an error message I also had when I tried, in my ignorance, to make the mod alone.

Welp, it's real disappointing, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is with this thing. I got all the code done, and Lula's portrait and leader icons, and I tried for a long time to fix it, but I gotta move on to other stuff, sorry. You may be able to shop this around to other modders on the forums, and see if they can diagnose it, or, maybe, by some miracle, it'll work for you (don't get your hopes up too much). You need to extract the zip file I attached to this, and put the 'Vinicius's Brazil' folder into C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods. It should appear in the 'Additional Content' menu in your game, and you can see him in the game setup screen and everything, but once you go to load a game playing as him, it'll break pretty hard, and with no error messages as far as I can tell. It's the weirdest bug I've ever seen in Civ modding, and I've had no luck in fixing it. I sincerely hope that either it works for you, or that you can get it working soon! If I find the root of the problem, I'll update you, and if you find the root of the problem, let me know and I'll fix it for you.

Here's the zip file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x-iwglALSnBvLAiSiU--vB5TtP_U0wou/view?usp=sharing

@luei333
I downloaded the prototype that you passed me, really crashed after the loading screen.
So I readed topics on the forum here with similar errors. Based on them, I looked at the file C:\Users\USER\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs\Database.txt and, to my surprise, it lists the errors that occur while loading the game. And they were there. I loaded the mod into ModBuddy and simply deleted the entries that reported error in that log\database.txt and the game worked, loaded the mod and started the new game. It worked!
Only what I don't know is: wtf did I deleted, or if it was important, or if it destroyed some functionality, because I don't know what I was dealing with kkkk

Any ideas?

Whhaaaaattt! Mine didn't spit out any errors! Oh my god, that's annoying. Can you tell me which lines were throwing out errors, or maybe just load a game with what I sent you originally, and send me the Database log as a whole? Or, hell, send me what you're using that works, and I'll figure out the differences!

I FIGURED IT OUT! I was basing my mod off of Firaxis' example mod leader and civ, with Jasper Kitty and all that. Turns out, in the in-game actions, each one of them has a criteria for if Jasper Kitty specifically is being used. Since I changed the leader type, the criteria would always fail, and never load the data for the leader, also without spitting out errors. That was incredibly annoying. And yeah there were like 2 errors, one Requirement I forgot to define, and one from the fact I tried to use the same description for Brazil as the base game (who knows why the Description in particular has a unique constraint). ANYWAYS, I got it working, I'll update the code and my zip, feel free to play around with it. I'll probably mess around with some of the unit and building icons soon, 'cause I didn't get around to doing them before that stupid bug bit me.

@luei333
Sorry for the delay, man. I had personal problems at work. The company did not want to pay me for the extra shifts I did, so I had to call the Nurses' Union to mediate the situation, and I was fired for retaliation from the company. So I had to sue the company in labor court, and that's taking up a lot of my time.

Exactly what you said there, I deactivated LeaderCriteria, and then the errors appeared in the Log.

I'll test now that I'm having a few days off.

@luei333
I tried to run the mod now, and it throws me back to main menu.
On the 'Database Log' shows this lines of error:
Spoiler Errors :

[3826041.235] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
[3826041.235] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
[3826041.235] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[3826041.246] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on DynamicModifiers.EffectType - "EFFECT_ADJUST_CITY_GOLD_FROM_CITIZENS" does not exist in Types
[3826041.266] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on TypeTags.Tag - "CLASS_PARADROP" does not exist in Tags
[3826041.266] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on TypeTags.Tag - "CLASS_SNIPER" does not exist in Tags
[3826041.269] [Gameplay]: Failed Validation.

Hey there, I saw your post a while ago and I've been meaning to get back to this mod, update it and add new stuff, and fix those errors, but I've been really busy this week and haven't found the time yet. But, those errors exist because you're playing without Rise and Fall. I actually should be able to fix them so that you can play with vanilla Civ 6, I just tested it with R&F active by default.

For Um país de todos!, the only yield you can change based on a city's population is Gold, unfortunately. Unless you get into Lua code.
The modifier for yield change per pop uses YieldType, so probably any yield coyld be used. E.g. Theocracy uses it for Faith per pop.

The RnF modifier does it on a city-basis, whereas the vanilla modifier (used now by Theocracy for Faith and iirc Democracy or Merchant Republic for Gold) does it on a player basis (so, all cities). I guess the author wanted it to be the former since they tried using the RnF modifier. Simple fix is to create a dynamic modifier that works on a city-basis; not sure why Firaxis didn't really do this with the RnF governor one (or at least make it generic).

Code:
-- Types
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Types
       (Type,                                                            Kind)
VALUES   ('MODIFIER_SINGLE_CITY_ADJUST_YIELD_PER_POPULATION',            'KIND_MODIFIER');
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- DynamicModifiers
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO DynamicModifiers
       (ModifierType,                                                    CollectionType,                   EffectType)
VALUES    ('MODIFIER_SINGLE_CITY_ADJUST_YIELD_PER_POPULATION',           'COLLECTION_OWNER',               'EFFECT_ADJUST_CITY_YIELD_PER_POPULATION');

The RnF modifier does it on a city-basis, whereas the vanilla modifier (used now by Theocracy for Faith and iirc Democracy or Merchant Republic for Gold) does it on a player basis (so, all cities). I guess the author wanted it to be the former since they tried using the RnF modifier. Simple fix is to create a dynamic modifier that works on a city-basis; not sure why Firaxis didn't really do this with the RnF governor one (or at least make it generic).

Code:
-- Types
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Types
       (Type,                                                            Kind)
VALUES   ('MODIFIER_SINGLE_CITY_ADJUST_YIELD_PER_POPULATION',            'KIND_MODIFIER');
-- DynamicModifiers
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO DynamicModifiers
       (ModifierType,                                                    CollectionType,                   EffectType)
VALUES    ('MODIFIER_SINGLE_CITY_ADJUST_YIELD_PER_POPULATION',           'COLLECTION_OWNER',               'EFFECT_ADJUST_CITY_YIELD_PER_POPULATION');

Holy crap, I can't believe I missed that. Yup, I was looking at the R&F modifier when I said that. That's actually really good to know, I'll probably end up using it in the future, thanks! Also it's compatible with vanilla Civ 6, which is good, because I don't think Vinicius is using R&F.

Top Bottom