1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Request for civilization

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Vinicius Wundervald, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Vinicius Wundervald

Vinicius Wundervald Chieftain

Hello guys!
    My name is Vinicius, I live in Brazil.
    I have tried to make a civilization to have fun playing "roleplay" style, but I have been more angry than anything.
    In Civ5 I was able to build a complete civilization, but my friends and I bought Civ6 and did not have time to relearn all the functions and mechanics.
    I'm a nurse and I work in the city's emergency mobile service (ambulance), so I do not have much free time.

Moderator Action: Post edited, no public request for paid job please. Gedemon

The civilization would be: modern Brazil, led by Lula da Silva, with two or three units and unique constructions, unique abilities for the country and the leader, and customized images, not 3d sprites, only the static images.
    Someone interested?

Sincerely, Vinicius.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2018 at 1:33 PM
  2. luei333

luei333 Chieftain

Do you have any plans for what those units, infrastructure, abilities, etc, might be? Because if you already know what you want, it's not a huge amount of work to get them functioning in the game (I say as the new expansion comes out, knowing nothing about modding for it yet). If you do, you mind detailing them here, or at least working versions of them?

3. Vinicius Wundervald

I have in mind almost everything, just don't know what can and what can't be implemented due to the limitations of the modifiers.
    For now I only have the Vanilla version, but I plan to buy the DLC.
    I'm on my 24-hour shift today, so as soon as I get home I'll pass the specs.
    Thanks.

4. BenZL43

BenZL43 coassistentschap

This is out of topic, but I'm a bit surprised 24-hour shift also exist there. We're trying to get rid of this system gradually here.

5. Vinicius Wundervald

@Gedemon
    Sorry! My mistake, i didn't knew that it was against the rules... mostly because i didn't read the rules. e.e

@luei333
    I have in mind almost everything, just do not know what can and what can not be implemented due to the limitations of the modifiers.
    I do not know the names of Civ texts in english, so sorry if I use any different terms.

Unique Ability of the Civilization:
    Ordem e Progresso (Order and Progress): Add +1 slot for economic policy and +1 slot for diplomatic policy; also removes 1 slot for military policy. +1 slot for military policy with civic Communism.

Unique Ability of the Leader:
    Um país de todos! (A country of all!): Add +0.5 food for each citizen in the city. +5 Gold per Residential District with civic Communism.

Unique Buildings:
    Casas Populares (Popular Houses): Provides +4 Housing, +2 Culture and +2 Gold. Replaces Residential District. Same requirements.
    Petrobras: It replaces the Factory, has the same bonuses and requirements of the original building, but also adds +5 Gold, +5 Culture and doubles the amount of the Petroleum (I think it's just "Oil" in english, but in portuguese we call it petroleum) resource.
    CAPES: Replaces the Research Lab, but unlocks with Scientific Theory technology instead of Chemistry technology. Provides the same bonus, plus +1 Food, +1 slot for citizen and +5 Culture.

Unique Units:
    Pracinha: Replaces Infantry, unlocks with the civic Mobilization, has the same initial bonuses, but +1 movement and generates culture points by defeating enemies. When in continent other than the capital of Brazil +1 movement.
    Minas Gerais: Existing unique unit in Brazil of Pedro II (Vanilla)
    Pacificador (Peacemaker): Unit similar to Spec Ops (Rise and Fall), unlocks with civic Cultural Heritage, Production cost 500, purchase cost 500, melee 60, ranged 65, range 2, movement 3, maintenance 5. When in continent different from the Brazilian capital, +10 combat strength and +1 movement.

Start Bias: River plains.
    Preferred Religion: Catholicism.

The pictures and descriptions I can take care of provide / write / build over time.
    What do you think about the info above?

@BenZL43
    Here in Brazil, this type of working day is very common for health professionals, especially those working in the emergency area.
    Our team is composed of a Nurse (me, also team leader), a Nursing Technician, two Rescue Drivers and a Physician. We split in two ambulances and stayed in a base, which is practically a common house, and we attended the calls that the central of regulation of emergencies sends us.
    When there are no calls, we stay in this house doing anything, or even playing Civilization kkk

6. luei333

luei333 Chieftain

Wow, that's a lot of stuff. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that civ would be way OP. But maybe that's the point. But you did provide pretty much everything. One thing you might need, though, is a leader agenda. Your leader is Lula de Silva, yes? You could use an existing agenda if you want, or choose your own.

For Ordem e Progresso, you might not actually be able to just take away a policy slot from a player. I have yet to test it, but it wouldn't hurt to have an alternative if it won't work. One way you might consider tweaking it, is having one slot type replace another, like Jadwiga's ability.

For Um país de todos!, the only yield you can change based on a city's population is Gold, unfortunately. Unless you get into Lua code.

For the Petrobras, I'm not sure what you mean by 'doubling' the amount of oil for the city. Do you mean doubling the plot yields, or literally granting more copies of the Oil resource itself??

So, I have actually put together, like, all of it. One thing I need, though, is graphics. It crashes otherwise, it seems. I think I can get a good pic of Lula de Silva easily enough, but what would you like to use as the Civilization icon? Just the one from the base game? Do you have any good pictures of any of the buildings or units? Otherwise, I'll just have them use base game stuff. I'll finish this up probably some time tomorrow, and share it here.

7. Vinicius Wundervald

@luei333
    Yes Yes! I know this will be well unbalanced, but that's the intention, it's just for fun and roleplay, not for top-level games.

Ah, I forgot the Agenda, it may be an existing one, Ideologue is the perfect agenda for Lula.

If the take away of slot for military policy does not work for Ordem e Progresso, your solution is also good for me, replacing the slot for military policy with a Wildcard Slot.

For the Um país de todos! You can substitute for +1 Food for Farms, Plantations, Pastures and Fishing Boats.

The Petrobras bônus feature is to duplicate the oil resource. Ex: 1 to 2, or 4 to 8.

If it is not too much, I would like to include one more building: the "Transposição" (Transposition), replaces Aqueduct, has the same requirements and bonuses, but also provides +1 Food and +1 Gold for Farms, Plantations and Pastures adjacent to Transposition.

As for the images and graphics, base Brazil Civilization icons and images can remain the same, I would just like the color of the text (as in the names of cities) to be red.
    Casas Populares has the same icon as the Residential District.
    Transposição has the same icon as the Aqueduct.
    Minas Gerais: it has the same icon of the original unit of Pedro II.

The other images I'll leave attached here.

Anything else you need, post here that I'll try to respond in the shortest possible time.

Attached Files: