1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Request: No stability

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Nerochev, Jan 7, 2009.

1. dcode147

dcode147 Warlord

I guess what a lot of people want is a way to enjoy other aspects of RFC not found in BTS (such as UHVs, UPs, civilization spawns etc...) without having to deal with stability.

Eliminating stability would open up some really new interesting ways to play the game. World conquest challenge with Babylon or Ethiopia anyone?:crazyeye:

2. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

Well, why not add some line of Python that zeroes all stability ratings on every turn?

3. Aharon

Aharon Chieftain

You could also give yourself a massive starting Stability boost. It seems, to me, the easiest solution - you're essentially exempt from shakyness that way, and you don't need to change much.

4. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

Stability is capped every turn, so you wouldn't essentially ever get more than 80 or something. And the value would deteriorate from there. So you'd have to remove the limitation, then. Making this less of a easy-fix.

5. killerkebab

killerkebab Prince

Wasn't there a cheat that gives the player an extra 20 stability every time they pressed a certain key combination?

6. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

Yeah, I made that, actually. :D It got included in the final version.

7. killerkebab

killerkebab Prince

Is it in RFC E/M? What is the key combo again? Ctrl-Shift-S?

8. Aharon

Aharon Chieftain

@Baldyr
    Well, for practical purposes, I found that this is sufficient at Monarch-Difficulty. Your stability does deteriorate, but not fast enough to matter. If you plan to do that Ethiopian Domination thing, though, it might not be enough.

Oh, and thanks for the cheat, BTW. I did not know about that!

9. dirigent

dirigent Chieftain

I like stability, but I think the home-base effect on stability is kind of lame. I want to be able to conquer the world as India or the Netherlands, while still needing to keep the economy strong, win wars, etc. Is there any way to deactivate just that aspect of the stability settings?

10. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

dirigent, its quite possible to do whatever it is you heart desires. Its just a matter of knowing programming, and luckily programming isn't a talent people are born with, but rather something that anyone can easily pick up.

11. dirigent

dirigent Chieftain

Yeah, let me get right on that. In the meantime, if anyone could just help me turn off the expansion threshold that would be great.

12. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

Anyone who knows Python sure could do just that for you, but firstly they'd have to evaluate the Stability module where all the concerned code is located, and that is one pretty big module. My point is merely that it would require some work to get the job done, unless someone has already solved this very issue and has a ready-to-use fix for you. Because once you know where exactly this happens in the code, it might be as simple as commenting out/deleting one line/block of code. But the Stability module isn't all that well documented...

13. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

dirigent, I think I found the answer you wanted: Comment out line #499 in Stability.py and you should have no more stability hit from owning plots outside your Core Area. (Commenting out a line involves basically adding a # character at the beginning of the line.)

If you wanna go nuts, you might actually comment out lines 491 trough 499. This would, in theory, decrease the lag caused by the stability calculations during a given game turn. But I doubt its even noticeable.

Good luck! :goodjob:

14. dirigent

dirigent Chieftain

Thanks! I'm opening the file in Notepad, though, so the lines aren't numbered. Can you c/p the lines involved?

15. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

You can enable line enumeration in Notepad.

16. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

I posted the full edit below.

Attached Files:

17. dirigent

dirigent Chieftain

Brilliant! Thanks very much

18. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

I never tested it, so you should probably tread carefully. Since I've mocked around with the Python you should probably enable Python exceptions, logging and pop-ups in the .ini file.

19. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity