Requested Mods

Whoo! awesome!

Computer meltdowns suck :(

A good, up-to-date, comprehensive, and customizable modpack with various balance tweaks and additions is jooyo's "CCMAT": http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=389368
Gonna check this modpack! Thanks for the recommendation :)

You're right, this is generally referred as the "ICS" (Infinite City Sprawl) strategy, and it's considered significantly overpowered. There are no easy fixes, but we're working on that as best as we can, and the Thalassicus' Balance series of mods (included in CCMAT) helps somewhat. See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=395792 for an in-depth discussion of the problem with ICS and possible solutions.

Aha, then I was right :p
Social policies could be made stronger to counter the "ICS"-build as well.
Bureaucratic (or corrupt) gold/research leak.

*ps. where can I find my current version? Never updated anything though.

Civ 5: Colonization

I've been playing the heck out of the Civ 4 version. It needs an upgrade...specifically to Civ 5. If I could mod, I'd do it myself. But, I'm not that smart...

There is a mod called Melting pot out there and one called new social policies. Was wondering if someone could make melting pot so that it is compatible with new social policies.

my request for a new MOD would be one which could combine some of the newly added civilizations as an option. There are so many new civs available now (Spain, Dutch, you name it) and it would be fun to have them combined into one. Tried to do this on my own but the SDK is horrible for someone with limited time and I can't see how I could combine a great map (like TSL's maps) with added civs.

I'd like to see a mod that creates railway troop transports and artillery. I like to play on MASSIVE maps, and on such a large scale it takes forever to move units around. Creating a high-movement railway troop transport which could load 2-4 units and can only enter tiles with a railroad would add an interesting facet to the game and make troop relocation easier for those of us who like to play TSL Russia... Similarly, High-Movement Railway Artillery (also bound to railroads) with much higher mobility than standard artillery would make defense much more engaging.

Thanks!

savag3rid

@savag3rid:
What's your secret to being able to finish games on massive maps? I start crashing regularly after 2-3 reloads at the end of even a small map. Do you have a ridiculous amount of RAM?

I think you could accomplish what you seek rather simply by modding the Route_TechMovementChanges table to speed up railroads even more with a certain technology. This is already working the same way for roads @ Machinery. Something like:
PHP:
<GameData>
	<Route_TechMovementChanges>
		<Row>
			<RouteType>ROUTE_RAILROAD</RouteType>
			<TechType>TECH_GLOBALIZATION</TechType>
			<MovementChange>-10</MovementChange>
		</Row>
	</Route_TechMovementChanges>
</GameData>

That should cut the rail move costs in half at Globalization...

Can't find what I am looking for, so either it's not been made (can't believe that) or I can't find it.
Anyway, puppet city's just build all the buildings they can, and alot of military ones... They also devour coal, due to factories. This makes puppet quite useless.

I wish you could either give them a governour setting (like: science/gold/military-actually making units) or that they would mimic whatever most of your cities are doing.

Recently I played as France, founded 4 cities. Made 6 neighbour mil-CS puppets for the hell of it, and about 30 cities from civs, before I rushed out a win. Building maintenance went through the roof! As they were all constantly building a lot of little importance...

Is there something like said governour/mimic mod?

Civ4 mod for CiV would be great, Civ4 got many great features which CiV don't have

I'm waiting for a mod that will enrich the modern era and include some future ones. Now modern is all about military techs. There should be ecology involved - it's quite a bit of politics these days. Maintaining civilization with degenerapting environment, emptying resources, inviting and using new ones. That would be nice. Maybe Call to Power mod would adress some of the issues?

I guess the policies should be reworked and religion included in it. I think the 'skill tree' kind of evolution has a great potential.

I also would gladly use some mod that will add diversity. Using Hind model for attach helicopter while playing Japan is a bit quirky.

Some more strategic resource consuming units/combinations.
Like the knight using horses ánd iron.
Every 5(or something) parts of railroad requiring 1 coal.
Scout upgrade into horse scout.

And something I've found very annoying whilst just playing Greece, cheaper upgrades from unique units into it's next tier. Hoplites cost a lot to upgrade, but don't add a lot.
While Companion Cavalry loses a lot, and gains little.
This is more true for increased combat strength unique's than those who gain special abilities.

We definately need a mod to turn quick combat on and off in game. Unless it's impossible, or already a feature I can't find of course ;)

Culturally-linked start locations is on my wish-list.
It shouldn't be too hard to pull off since region bias is already implemented to a certain extent, but adjusting the current system to create continental regions that could be mapped to civ starting locations is a bit beyond me.

Also, is it just me or do city states ALWAYS start off on the coast? It would be nice if a start locations mod could come up with more varied, natural start locations for CS's as well.

CSs have a strong tendency to start by the coast because they are linked to luxuries, and whales and pearls common on the coast.

I'd be interested in a tunnel mod.
Dynamite tech perhaps, would give you the ability to tunnel through one (or more?) mountain hex to build a road or railroad. You'd need a tunnel entrance/exit graphic, and you'd have to somehow represent the unit as inside the tunnel when in transit. It should take much longer to build than a regular road/railroad hex, of course.

I'm going to request this as well. I'd settle for just laying roads/rails over mountains: can be done if worker is given PROMOTION_CAN_MOVE_IMPASSABLE with no extra graphics. Problem is I can't seem to set it up so other units can use the roads (without giving them the promotion, which is not what I want).

Next step would be to allow some improvements: mine, fortress, citadel and maybe statue. The latter two would require the road just so the general/artist could get there. The fortress would require the road if you hoped to put any units in it.

Hi.I am a great civ 4 fun and i m a bit disappointed with civ 5....So, the mod i d like to see is one that speeds up the production (25%) both for land improvements or units and buildings......

Things that should be changed in civ 5
Policies
More policies
Policies more specific instead of having all the policies one might want for a specific victory all over the place
Make all policies cost less and make more full policies for cultural victory
Military
Change ranged unit Civ 5 is not a tactical game (Done)
Add Black Ops unit that is invisible unless within one tile of it
Add new future units
Civs more expansive
In future add virus missile that changes with different techs activated by a project like the Manhattan project they then do something similar to the Black Death in Rhyse and Fall and add the centers for disease control which makes the builder invincible to it
Add satellites
Add spaceships of some sort
Let you switch unit spots like a swap
Make archers range one but let it move after firing or let it stack with another unit
Diplomacy
What the F*ck do pacts of cooperation even mean and no one really actually does things during pacts of secrecy
Be able to talk to more than one leader at a time like in a conference
Make leaders more tolerable of expansion and being friendly to city states. I mean if you&#8217;re an ally of Korea and I am an ally of Korea shouldn&#8217;t that bring us closer together not farther apart and for expansion I am building cities like 15 tiles from their cities when they are just as close to mine and scream at me about it but then they settle right in my face talk about hypocritical.
UU
Two unique units
Make the units more powerful a lot of unique units are barely better than the ones they replace or are quickly trumped by a new unit that they are not worth investing in
Technology
Expand the tech tree so it goes to about 3000 A.D.
Time frame
Expand the game to 3000 A.D.
City states
More types like industrial, wealth, resource
Make them harder to gain but harder to lose
Gain them as friends through things like quests not just buying them off
Make it so if a city state is your ally they will not be allies with your enemies
Maritime city states give less of a bonus
Unique abilities
Should be like 5 times more powerful so every civ has to play a very different game and you have to change strategies based on the civ you are playing
Improvements
Add back a workshop like improvement
Forts should be able to stack like two or three units
Should get better when techs are researched
Great People
Give them some sort of one time boost as on option
Make there improvements better
Make great scientist be able to research disconnected techs that can only be researched by one civ ex. Enhanced irrigation all farms +1 food
Various
Make resources have better improvements (Done) (Not Working)
Have a unit that can build a fort that collects a resource so if a resource is all the way across the map it can still be yours can be captured like workers by any other civ
Infinite civilian stack
Random events please
Can stack embarked with military ships
Unique improvements like romans get roman roads etc.
Pick tile you culturally expand to
Allow wall tech so you can build a wall improvement anywhere on the map does not take up tile and if contiguous is like cultural borders except cannot build improvements (so you have a nation and not thirty connected city states.
Please tell me any suggestions you have and any ways things could be done or anything you have to add. I would try to mod this myself but unfortunately despite numerous attempts I mod worse than a caveman. So I can&#8217;t do this however fell free to copy this or heck fell free to use your time to make this happen. However if anyone ever needs help making something in Photoshop I am pretty good at that. Please post your opinions (If you see any spelling mistakes please don&#8217;t post about those).

Ideas by other people that I like
armchair_warrio
Chieftain

I haven't read other request yet , but here is my request.

terraforming with workers.

the ability to change mountains to hills to plains to lakes(or ocean).

mountain tech.(early game tech)

change mountains so its useful. like given resources. but like sailing into the ocean, you have to research tech before going over the mountain with any units or use the resources by the city.

mega cities tech. (industrial era)

double the size of the radius of cities resources. but a twin city would popout next to your city hex, but you choose the hex to plant the expanded city. also should be able to be razed etc. (i'm sick of running a large empire , i prefer mega cities). if you can have the option of doing like 3 hex max expansion(4 including original hex)

raiders tech. (early game tech)

you get to play barbarian. where you don't have to declare war on anyone by going to war. only draw back is everyone can attack you including barbarians. also each unit killed by other civilizations. they would turn hostile and attack your civ. like a hate meter like the city states have. each unit destroy is like capturing info from your raiders. eventually they'll get the id of who is behind the raiders. also should add a button to turn raider ability on and off the units but button should be only available inside your own civ cities(change uniforms :p).

change how rifles shoot.

rifle guys should be more like bow/crossbow guys. they should be able to shoot in a straight line, even a few hex away just like them, but can't shoot over units or obstecles like them but only in a straight line, unless the target is higher than the obstetrical or unit. example rifle target is two hex away with a rifle in the way. he can't shoot the target, but if the target is on a hill or mountain, he should be able to. the range should be the same as bow/crossbow. also if shooting from say hill or mountain nothing should block the shot. unless you're on a hill and a mountain is in the way to your target. also should shot a hex farther. if you're on a mountain you should be have a adventage of shooting a 2 hex farther. hill get one hex. this would making holding high ground more important.

spy-steath-snipper girl hey they got deathbots why not something like this. (modern era)

basically there should be a button for stealth/invisible. once that button is press you can't shot anything for that turn. next turn you can go around killing but once you fire your weapon, becomes visible again. and everyone can attack you. make it the slightly stronger than the late game mech infantry. (make her hot )

better map options like more trees or alot of waters or mountains or hills etc.. should be in the map selection.

leader's traits should be separated from the civs, get better replay out of it. sick of playing one nation(my favor japan cause of their Bushido lol, second fav is aztecs)

the ability raze capture capitals city as any other city.

all i can think of for now thanks for anyone who makes any of it .
A Diplomacy/Happiness mod. A complaint that's been leveled by some (possibly accurate) is that by making the AI more "human", it diminishes or removes the role-playing element from the game. Others rightly point out that, if the AI can't play to win, it gives the human an unfair advantage. So an obvious compromise is to somewhat constrain the humans actions via the happiness mechanism. So, for example, if a human player has had an alliance with a civilization for several hundred years, then suddenly turns on them & goes to war, then it should lead to a happiness penalty for you. By the same token, going to war with someone that has treated you poorly should lead to a happiness bonus. These happiness modifiers would apply to the AI & human alike, & so might help make diplomacy more rational, but without totally strait-jacketing the players (human or AI).
terraforming artificial rivers . like the grand canal. would have the same effect as normal rivers.
This is extreme request. I strongly doubt anyone will or even can do it due to any of three reasons: 1)accessibility issues (inside .exe), 2) know how, or 3) willingness. But I need to take it off my chest, just in case.

OK,here is what I want: stack back but with one VERY STRONG CHANGE.
Create a new plane for fighting. I mean if you put units in stack and that stack attack another stack, a new popup window come up of a different plane. More detailed background depending on the tile. Then each unit will take turns, then the next big turn, AI do its attack, then big turn my turn to use my units. Until the combat is finished with whoever winning. That way you keep both stack AND 1UPT. Stacks on the world map but 1UPT in a zoomed up fighting plane.

Plus, added benefit, it would almost perfect represent historic battles, because it is weird to see battles for cities or tiles taking hundreds to decades of years! Wars, yes, but not battles!

Like I said above, doubtfully can do but want to toss it out there, just in case.
Hello to the community first of all!

What I really love about civilization is the Diplomacy.Although till now i enjoy the gameplay of the new Civ I think that diplomacy does not play an important role.As I play on lower difficulties I am not aware if diplomacy plays a bigger role in higher difficulties but i will post based on my knowledge.
What I am asking,and i think its very difficult is a Fear factor defining the diplomacy.I often find myself(xDyes in easy mode) dominating other civs and leaving them to exist only because you know i dont want them to cease to exist.I want to toy them around and to feel the power of the great opressor that can greatly influence the once powerfull state of ex.Egypt.As Peter Mollyneux said "its all about powah man" and I agree with that.I dont know about you but for me most of the times Civilization is about fantasizing,like kids do when they play with their toys,I play the GAME and I dont always want to "win via conquest" and earn infinite points.I want it to last and go through a certain relation with each of the competing civs.I mean imagine how it would be after you have confined the once great arab empire to a tiny peninsula,you have them sourounded with your battleships and infantrymen and they still have pikemen,and they keep insulting you via diplomacy screen and they will always deny you the pact of secrescy or cooperation.A fear factor could be defined by cities lost or units or number of tech tree researches you are ahead ar all of the above together.Not only fear but even a Sympathy meter i dont know.A meter that counts how friendly you are to one civ by providing gifts and pacts as to build up a relationship with that civ.I formed 5 pacts with Bismark i gave him money and support in a war and next thing he declares war on me,and I was not in the end phases of the game meaning that I was not the only opponent and i even wasn't nearby of his cities.
Sorry for the huge topic but i really wanted to see what the community has to say about this.
Remember I know that some of you want to play it for total domination but I think many of you get my point.
Cheers
I would love to see a mod that allows cities to gain experience as they attack enemy units.

I was going to look at doing this myself, but have absolutely no idea where to start etc lol

If someone wants to point me in the rough direction I will be happy to look in to making it myself :)
&#8226; Bring back cottages and allow for them to develop into hamlets -> villages -> towns! Currently you have the same horsehockey trade post for 1000 rounds without any development, and no distinction between newly founded cities and ancient cities with 30+ population! And link the development time to the nearest city's population, so that smaller cities need longer to fully reap the rewards (which will balance large empires with a lot of small cities against small empires with a few large cities)! Also this will make pillaging far more useful if the enemy has to slowly build up his towns again!
&#8226; Mines: Have them go through a couple of development stages as well and give them a chance to discover a new resource on the plot if the mine is worked!
&#8226; Farms: The same as for mines, a small chance per round to discover a food resource that gives additional !
&#8226; Luxury resources in quantities like strategic resources. This has been mentioned in the thread already, but I was thinking of a slightly different system: One luxury resource should give +4 happiness, two of the same kind another +2 and a third adds the last bonus of another +1 happiness!
I think the idea of Natural Wonders is incomplete. I think that they should also support city improvements that add culture/happiness/gold/production. If a city has a natural wonder in its limits, there should be some buildings like the following to enhance its value:

Natural Wonder Preservation Society: +5 Happiness for each natural wonder in the limits.
Tourism Bureau: +3 Gold per turn for each natural wonder in the limits
Natural Wonder Research Organization: +3 science, +2 production for each natural wonder in the limits.

Plus, we need more variety in the wonders, and different names for them instead of always finding Mt Fuji, The Barringer Crater, The Great Barrier Reef and so on. I'd like to find multiple peaks with different names like Mt. Whitney, Mt. Kilamanjaro and so on.
I need new option for Building wich reduces the unhappiness from number of population by 50% (or if it would be easier - it gives one for two peoples in the city). (Something similliar to Forbidden Palace, by not the number of cities, byt by half of the population in city)

So for example building world wonder "Sultan Ahmed Mosque" (wich is why I need this option) I could have more people in the city (country) and/or golden age would be quicker.
Pact of coopeerations + Open boarders = Trade routes with other civ.
+1 gold per city

Can add modifiers for harbors and roads that connect to other civ.

Can something like this be modded?

I would like more varied improvements.

I would like workers to be able to modify improvements fast enough, that short term ( 5 - 10 turn ) strategies could be improved by more micromanaging, than switching a city's focus using the a-b-c scale of food, production, gold, culture in the city menu. As it stands, you have to own the Pyramid and the right Social Policy to micro workers to improve a city rapidly.

I would like uses for Great Persons, where they could be used as an actual unit on the map, that could fortify on improvements, and make the tiles around them better, much like the great general's improvement on troop strength. One good example, is that Great Engineers would improve the speed of workers in surrounding tiles.

I would like improvements that can only be built on previous improvements. In Civ 4, we had improvements that automatically improved over time: cottage-village-town. In Civ 5, workers should be required to upgrade an improvement to a next-era improvement.

eg: farm -> corporate farm -> ????
strip mine -> tunnel mine -> deep core mine
trading post -> village -> town

The same can be done for Great People, for example:
Artist: Monument -> Attraction -> Pilgrimage

I think these changes would make management of the civilisation more challenging. Right now, the only fun thing in Civ5 is to declare war. Pure culture and science strategies are otherwise too boring.

Top Bottom