Requested Mods

Unrelated: Grathocke, your avatar looks like a young Forrest Griffin in B&W.

I would like to request a mod that causes rebellions within an empire at certain unhappiness levels.

When i say rebellion I mean, a city or group of cities breaking of from a player or AI civ and forming their own civilization/"country".

Such as your empire reaches a certain state of unhappiness or you drop a policy branch altogether, such as when it causes anarchy. (say you have liberty but want autocracy? Well you drop liberty, go into anarchy, return to a stable government with the new policy branch adopted, and a few turns later a city or group of cities is unhappy with the reform of government and decides to form a new nation/civ from yours.)

You can decide to peacfully let the designated cities leave the nation to become an AI civ/new nation. Or you can decide to suppress the revolution/rebellion and depending on the size of the cities that are seceding a few units are generated for the new AI/Civ and you must fight to retake your cities tha have attempte to secede. (When cities secede or are retaken there is minimal/no loss of buildings)

I may have missed a few key points because im half awake, but if anyone gets the general idea and is interested in making this mod that would be awesome. And feel free to refine/correct any issues with the idea.

I'd like to have a mod that instead of always using the "puppet" or "conquered" system for conquered cities, brings back the city culture bar from Civ4 so that cities can retain a certain % of culture from several civs. Happiness and other penalties would depend on how much culture you generated in the city compared to your opponent.

This way, a primitive city conquered early on where you invested in new Temples etc to convert the populace could be gradually assimilated entirely to your culture, instead of forever locked in "puppet" status which seems frustrating and unrealistic.

This would also open up a lot of cool possibilities, such as Policies that increase assimilation rate or reduce the effects of cultural differences. Or a Happiness penalty for being at war with a civ if a lot of your empire's citizens have adopted their culture.

Could someone please make a mod for the Large Single Unit graphics Kael used in his Queen of the Iceni mod? With otherwise no changes, so you can use it in conjunction with both vanilla and other mods?

That would be really great - I hate those microscopic multi-unit icons. I've also posted in the Queen of the Iceni thread, but I'm not sure whether Kael is still supporting that mod.

I would like to request a mod that causes rebellions within an empire at certain unhappiness levels.

When i say rebellion I mean, a city or group of cities breaking of from a player or AI civ and forming their own civilization/"country".

Such as your empire reaches a certain state of unhappiness or you drop a policy branch altogether, such as when it causes anarchy. (say you have liberty but want autocracy? Well you drop liberty, go into anarchy, return to a stable government with the new policy branch adopted, and a few turns later a city or group of cities is unhappy with the reform of government and decides to form a new nation/civ from yours.)

You can decide to peacfully let the designated cities leave the nation to become an AI civ/new nation. Or you can decide to suppress the revolution/rebellion and depending on the size of the cities that are seceding a few units are generated for the new AI/Civ and you must fight to retake your cities tha have attempte to secede. (When cities secede or are retaken there is minimal/no loss of buildings)

I may have missed a few key points because im half awake, but if anyone gets the general idea and is interested in making this mod that would be awesome. And feel free to refine/correct any issues with the idea.

I think this is a really good idea. i wrote something similar to this a while ago but no one seems to be that interested in making it wich i think is a shame. this is a very real phenomenon that has occured countless times during history. empires do not just grow and stay that way but empires tend to fall appart into smaller empires such as the mongolian empire, the roman empire, alexander the greats empire, the arabian empire, they all fell apart some more quickly than others. and some great empires emerged this same way like the songhai empire, the achamenid persian empire, the siamese empire, they all revolted against a previous empire and came to become very powerful. I think it is a very good idea to add this to the game and thus make it much more realistic.

however i suggest that maybe only puppetcities may revolt and perhaps only while the empire is unhappy. and then perhaps they should only be able to emerge into citystates giving other players a reason to interfer with the conflict earning influence with the new citystate. and perhaps it would be easier to make o mod like this?

either way i think this is a very good idea and that someone really should consider doing this.

I think roads in the modern era should look more like motorways than dirt tracks.

Also does anyone know if there is a small simple mod which makes calculating future unit maintenance costs more simple? Ideally a mod giving units set maintenance costs would be swell. :)

A series of mods where the tech tree stops at the end of each era would be sweet! So you can focus on war in different eras. I would love to have massive wars in the ancient or medieval era's in particular. But for the old eras boats that can enter the ocean would be needed.

A mod that makes defense against Nuclear war viable:
AA & Fighters/Jets on intercept should have a chance to shoot down incoming atomic bombs. (They are delivered by bombers, ya know!)
Missiles should have an intercept order, with a chance to shoot down incoming planes, bombers, missiles, and nuclear missiles. Optionally, the latter ability to shoot down nuclear missiles could be tied to a particular technology.

No, it will happen almost immediately once we get access to the DLL.

That is what is being waited on. And that is what allowed large mods for Civ4... Which, similarly, did not have too many large scale mods until the DLL was released.

Valkrionn, I being unknowledgeable about programing do not know what DLL is but am wondering is there any indication of when that will be made available. I want so badly to see the diversity of mods and absolutely loved FFH. But I just can't bring myself to go back to the staks of doom. I gota put my stock in CIV 5 now and eagerly await this change. Do you know when the DLL may be made available?

Valkrionn, I being unknowledgeable about programing do not know what DLL is but am wondering is there any indication of when that will be made available. I want so badly to see the diversity of mods and absolutely loved FFH. But I just can't bring myself to go back to the staks of doom. I gota put my stock in CIV 5 now and eagerly await this change. Do you know when the DLL may be made available?

The DLL is the C++ side of the code; It allows us to add new features, and more importantly, teach them to the AI.

There haven't been any announcements about it whatsoever. With Civ4 it took a few months; I'm hoping for something in Jan/Feb. We'll just have to wait and see.

Can someone create a mod that has all the music from Civ IV and have it change with each time period?

A mod that makes defense against Nuclear war viable:
AA & Fighters/Jets on intercept should have a chance to shoot down incoming atomic bombs. (They are delivered by bombers, ya know!)
Missiles should have an intercept order, with a chance to shoot down incoming planes, bombers, missiles, and nuclear missiles. Optionally, the latter ability to shoot down nuclear missiles could be tied to a particular technology.

Is this possible without the SDK?

I don't know if this is possible to create, but I would just love to see an alien race. One similar to Geth (Mass Effect) or Covenant (Halo) with all those purple units. It could be a late game race with unique city skins and different building icons, but with same or similar effects. Would be very fun to go to war with imo. Even just a few units and buildings would be awesome.

One thing Civ V did exceptionally well is the theme music for specific leaders. But when you play as one of them, the theme comes up just once and then replayed with atmospheric music over and over again. Can a mod be done that ensures the theme music gets replayed as well?

Can someone mod the renaissance/industrial age units to represent European Warfare?

As it is, riflemen and cavalry look like they are from the American Civil War...
I think it would be much better to rename the "rifleman" to "line infantry" or something like that, and model it after an ~18th century or Napoleonic Era infantryman.

The same goes for cavalry...Right now, Civ jumps from Knights to late 19th century American west style cavalry; dragoons. What about Cuirassiers?

Doesn't the game have a Hussar unit? And it is armed with a lance? Unfortunately, Hussars tended to wield Sabers...There is no saber cavalry in the game!!! Blasphemy!!! And they're never used anyway because it is much too easy to get to cavalry!

Oh and...has anyone ever thought about making a Lord of the Rings mod? Conversion to Middle-Earth? Eh?

Top Bottom