Requested Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Alex_K, Sep 23, 2010.

1. 2000AD

2000AD Chieftain

Sounds like the 'Rhye's and Fall' mod for Civ 4. I think Rhye was working on somethign simular for Civ5 but didn't actually finish it. Civ 4 version can be found in the CIv 4 section here and IIRC it was also included in Beyond the Sword expansion as one of the scenarios.

2. PropSpair93

PropSpair93 Chieftain

Here is a mod I'd like to see, more like few fixes really:

.Stealth Bomber: Icon should be a B2 instead of F117. Stealth bomber should be given option to launch nuclear strikes (since the B2 was originally designed for nuclear missions).

.Nuclear Submarine: Upgrade that hides nuclear subs from destroyers and missile cruisers.

.Missile cruiser: Upgrade to allow sight nuclear subs. allow indirect fire. Increased range.

.Paratrooper: Upgrade paradrop from 9 to 40 like XCOM squad range.

3. Belzhorash

Belzhorash Warlord

I'd love to see the virtues from BE instead of social policies in CiV. Unfortunately, I am not the right coder for this much Lua. :(

4. TofuSojo

TofuSojo Chieftain

This is more a custom model request than a full mod request, as I can make the mod for it:

I would very much love the Grenadier model (Renaissance-era ranged infantry in Civ 4) in Civ 5. Either as a port from Civ 4 or a fresh model. In G&K they added ranged infantry to all the post gunpowder era except the Renaissance...

Right now in my mod I'm having to use the Musketman's model--muskets that fire grenades... Pretending they're Renaissance-era grenade launchers is asking a bit much, lol.

5. 59saintdane

59saintdane Warlord

I'd like to see a mod that separates the counters on scientists, merchants and engineers. That way, merchant and engineer points actually become useful, and GEs and GMs will see more play.

6. Sarin

Sarin King

Check the Steam Workshop and downloads here in Civfanatics, both have this mod.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23149

7. Teproc

Teproc King

I was wondering if there was a mod that allowed you to have more religions, which would obviously require adding founder, follower and enhancer beliefs to work. I'm sure that exists as it seems like a pretty obvious idea, but I haven't found it, so... does it exist ?

8. Gwydion62

Gwydion62 Warlord

sorry, wrong game ;-)

9. Pioneer Boyscou

Pioneer Boyscou Chieftain

I wonder if it originally should have been placed under this thread after all..
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=539092

DISASTER mod. That is what I would like to have for BNW.
    And not to ruin the game, but to spice it up a little. Something that you can also be prepared for, just like in real game.
    What I have planned already, is natural disasters, diseases and acts of gods. I have some additional ideas, but it would be wonderful if someone could fulfill these first.

I have created an excel file to explain in more detail what pros and cons and 'rules' every disaster could have.

Just to be clear: I can give ideas and lot of support, but I am completely incapable of creating a mod on my own. Not to even start one...

10. Gort

Gort Emperor

In Civ 4, when you discovered a technology, you could glance at the tech popup window, see what the tech did, close the window, and the voice clip would continue.

In Civ 5 and BE, if you want to hear the whole voice clip, you have to leave the tech popup (or affinity popup) open until the voice clip ends.

So now you have to pick between getting only half a voice clip or having to sit there for ten seconds staring at nothing while the clip ends.

Is there a way to fix this?

11. Salamandre

Salamandre King

Here are my wishes, for what they worth:)

1) when using multiple stacking mod, be able to select all stack to move, not one by one.
    2) Remove the shaking camera when unit autoselect, and make it instant. Headache now.
    3) Make great musicians and merchants able to trigger golden age. I often dismiss them, because no empty artworks or always war etc.
    4) Somehow, in war times, make that we have some key trigger, so autoselect feature loops war units, and only then enable with a key for domestic units. With the stress from battles, having idiotic camera shaking through one worker, then on unit in first war line then back to some worker is annoying.

Thanks for reading.

12. qadams

qadams Bohemian

A fairly simple mod (I think): The English Ship of the Line should be able to move after attacking. That was the whole point of the ships historically, and thus their name -- they would move in a line past a target, each ship blasting away in its turn.

13. ilshur

ilshur Warlord

i'd like to see a minor change to Venice's leader trait - the ability to build cities that are puppets with settlers. Without the ability to create their own expansion and having to relay upon others, it makes 1v1 games or other types very very very difficult to fairly balance. It wouldn't change that much in terms of its powering. In most games, venice lags behind badly in science and expansion anyway

14. Shalvan

Shalvan Warlord

It has probably been requested and I have no idea whether it is possible or not.

A mod which would make it so when you quit a modded game and return to the menu, the game won't unload the mods. On older machines like mine it takes ages to unload the mods and then load them again, extremely annoying.

15. Warden123

Warden123 Warlord

Celt mod for BNW that doesn't require GK.:)

16. Warden123

Warden123 Warlord

sorry for duble post.. allowing boats and trade routs to go down rivers...

17. Baleur

Baleur Prince

Unique religion sounds when a religion spreads or is founded/enhanced, like in civ4.

18. d0minus

d0minus Chieftain

Mod for more attack unit point & actions specially for melee units can attack again. Im thinking a way about adding each unit promotions like blitz but takes too long for me...

19. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

20. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

A revised happiness system and buildings would be nice(sure, Firaxis(spelling mistake?), horses and elephants are crucial for circus, but what does animals have to do with a zoo?).
    I have some ideas, but i don't know how to mod :p :(