1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Requested Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Alex_K, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Supertoastfairy

Supertoastfairy Chieftain

I don't know if this has been requested already or made already (a search both on the forum and Google doesn't bring up the results I'm looking for), but perhaps someone could make a mod that brings the multiplayer diplomacy screens into singleplayer (no leaderhead, trade deals in a side window from the world diplomacy menu, etc.)?

2. Mr.Saturn

Mr.Saturn Chieftain

A mod that lets courthouses be used for puppeted cities would be nice, especially for playing as Venice. Maybe courthouses should be nerfed for puppeted cities.

3. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

I'd like to request a mod that changed the warrior upgrade from goody huts from spearmen to swordsman. Anybody know of one or someone willing to make it?

4. Protagonist

Protagonist Warlord

I think it would be great if somebody out there created a mod which gives the United States the T51B as a unique unit, replacing XCOM, with increased attack strength.

Moderator Action: Merged with the existing mod requests thread.

5. Belzhorash

Belzhorash Warlord

Why don't you do it?

6. Protagonist

Protagonist Warlord

I'd like to request a mod that gives the American Nation a Unique XCOM unit called the T51B (which is the Powered Armor in Fallout Games).

7. Sarin

Sarin King

Hm. There's one quite simple thing I'd like, just to see if that kind of game would be fun.

Nobody gets any settlers beyond the starting one, just like Venice. Put that on a map with many civilizations and CS. So the only way to get any other cities is to capture other civs and CS. Venice can, of course, only puppet cities.

8. Protagonist

Protagonist Warlord

No Experience. I suppose I could try, though.

9. Belzhorash

Belzhorash Warlord

That's the spirit! :)

Just grab some tutorial and start along.
    It's not hard and we're here to help.

10. Baleur

Baleur Prince

I really would love to see two kinds of immersion mods.

1. Adding back animals to the barbarian faction.
    2. Adding back unit selection sounds as in Civ 4, having a little short native cultural phrase when selecting units. Really lacks on the immersion side to only hear an artificial "UI_Sound_288" when ordering units around. In Civ 4 (and even Age of Empires) it was such a nice treat to hear their native languages.

11. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

I'd love to see a mod that made militaristic city states be able to gift unique ships instead of just land units, as long as you had a coastal city.

12. kbiggs

kbiggs Chieftain

Is there a mod that changes the appearance of forts, workers and Great Generals for the Industrial era? My army is made up of Civil War-era rifleman but my general is riding around in a jeep like it's World War II or something. The forts and citadels have radar/satellite dishes in the 19th century, and the workers wear hard hats (which didn't come about until after World War I). It irks my obsessive-compulsive desire for historical accuracy.

13. JimBobV

JimBobV Warlord

I have a request for what might be more complex of a mod(Possibly impossible) which adds a steampunk trade airship. By trade airship I mean a unit that behaves like a caravan with increased gold benefits and looks like an airship. If possible, it would be nice if these units could travel over both land AND sea and also not replace a current type of trade unit.

14. hunterx767

hunterx767 Chieftain

am curious has any one made a working updated USA mod with Obama as president I tried the earth 2014 on steam it keeps crashing

15. King_Course

King_Course Prince

I played Civ V alot. +1000 hours by now, and I can still sit and click mindlessly. One thing that has annoyed me right from the start, is that there is hardly ever a northern or southern passage. The game seems to like to use ice to block such passage. This is annoying, and in our world you usually can get around a continent (Africas Horn, South America, so on. There's even a North West passage although it's sketchy).

So if a Mod could do that, have a waterway north and south of a continent or Pangea, that would be great.

16. Armandeus

Armandeus Warlord

I actually like the tilt shift effect in Beyond Earth. Can someone make a mod, or find out how to implement this in Civ V?

17. King_Course

King_Course Prince

Another request I would really like to see, was a mod where each Civ kept their Pantheon. It doesn't make sense that a historical Pantheon should be wiped out. Danmark and Greece are Christian Nations, but they retain their respective pantheons IRL, Norse Mythology and the Greek Pantheon. And the Egyptians, their Pyramids are culture today, reminiscent of a faith and worship they long abandoned. Ancient Pantheons are part of who we are today.

In game, it is so annoying that you must choose Pantheon for a race at religion. If you want culture from pastures, or hammers from fishing boats, then at higher levels you might very well miss religion, and thus lose a Pantheon that probably was essential for making that particular map fun.

18. Stoickk

Stoickk Chieftain

I would like to see a mod that allows the capture of trespassing civilian units without a declaration of war. I am thinking of Prophets and Missionaries in particular. There should be another step between telling another leader to stop proselytizing and taking an entire country to war. Capturing/imprisoning the heretics would be ideal, and also adds an element of risk to sending your own enlightened souls out to preach to the unwashed masses.

The icing on the cake would be a ransom/release negotiation mechanic, although I am not sure if that is even possible.

19. 2000AD

2000AD Chieftain

Are there any mods that replace the CiV espionage system with the one from Beyond Earth (assuming that's even possible)?

20. 8BitArchitect

8BitArchitect Chieftain

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could add geographically accurate rivers to the map I have attached. It's a conversion of JoeyB98's "American World" for Civ IV. I'm not much of a mapmaker, I find it much easier to tinker with XML/SQL or LUA/Python, so anyone who would be willing to help me with this would be much appreciated.

Attached Files: