Requested Mods

Not sure if right place.... Someone needs to take over the Civ$ diplomatic features mod... such a great mod, such a shame its authour abandoned it.....

I don't even know if this is possible, but a UI mod for the mods screen would be awesome. It's a pain in the butt to go through disabling all the mods you have running when you want to test something. Maybe if they were all displayed in a grid with a check / uncheck all option?

Racha I know it is possible. Getting someone to do it though might not be.

There is a very low-tech way to de-select all the mods you have enabled - delete the "C:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\Civ5ModsDatabase.db" file.

You can even rename this file, eg _STANDARD_Civ5ModsDatabase.db, start a new test game, enable the few mods you need, run your tests, and then when you want to go back to using all the pre-test mods, just delete the Civ5ModsDatabase.db and rename the old one.

There is a very low-tech way to de-select all the mods you have enabled - delete the "C:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\Civ5ModsDatabase.db" file.

You can even rename this file, eg _STANDARD_Civ5ModsDatabase.db, start a new test game, enable the few mods you need, run your tests, and then when you want to go back to using all the pre-test mods, just delete the Civ5ModsDatabase.db and rename the old one.

Ah hah! Thanks for that, it's definitely going to be helpful for the testing scenario.

However, if I wanted to make a mod that altered the UI for mods screen so that far more of them were displayed at once (some of us are mod junkies and it can be a pain if you're just trying to turn one or two on/off for a particular game), are you able to suggest where to start?

Long story short: I dislike the race for the World Wonders and would like them to be treated like National Wonders.

As a pretty casual player I find this kind of exclusiveness really irritating and not to be the kind of challenge I'm looking for.
I've been lurking around for some time here, trying to find a solution to this, but all guides seem to only cover normal buildings(Which work just fine) or Yields/completely new Wonders.
My own attempts didn't prove to be quite successful either(specifically, changing the MaxGlobalInstances of the CIV5BuildingClasses).
So now I'm asking for some advice on how World Wonders differ from National Wonders code-wise(since they have their own sub-menu in the City Screen) and whether someone already tried something like this.

Cheers.

Long story short: I dislike the race for the World Wonders and would like them to be treated like National Wonders.

As a pretty casual player I find this kind of exclusiveness really irritating and not to be the kind of challenge I'm looking for.
I've been lurking around for some time here, trying to find a solution to this, but all guides seem to only cover normal buildings(Which work just fine) or Yields/completely new Wonders.
My own attempts didn't prove to be quite successful either(specifically, changing the MaxGlobalInstances of the CIV5BuildingClasses).
So now I'm asking for some advice on how World Wonders differ from National Wonders code-wise(since they have their own sub-menu in the City Screen) and whether someone already tried something like this.

Cheers.

It's MaxGlobalInstances and MaxPlayerInstances that differentiates World Wonders and National Wonders, so changing them should work, unless you do things like editing the vanilla file and playing with BNW (and generally it's best to make a mod instead of editing the original files). You should also consider setting ConquestProb to 0, as it's not a good idea to make national wonders remain in a city after conquest.

Yeah, I thought that as well, so my .xml looked kinda like this in the end, with all the wonders listed up, and ModBuddy spitting out no exceptions and UpdateDatabase action set, too.
It does show ingame, starts games without crashing but without changes to the wonders either.
Code:
<GameData>
	<Buildings>
		<Update>				
			<Delete type="ConquestProb"/>	--removing old attribute
			<Set NeverCapture="true"/>	--can't be captured at all
			<Where Type="BUILDING_WONDER_NAME_HERE"/>
		</Update>
	</Buildings>
	<BuildingClasses>
		<Update>
			<Delete type="MaxGlobalInstances"/>	--the old attribute
			<Set MaxPlayerInstances="1"/>		--like in national wonders
			<Where type="BUILDINGCLASS_WONDER_NAME_HERE"/>
		</Update>
	</BuildingClasses>
</GameData>
I'm running BNW and found it to be pretty tedious looking for values in 3 separate files, could I have mixed up something there, or do mods require a specific structure/file sorting ?

Your XML is incorrect - if you enable logging, logs will tell you about that. You can't use Delete this way, you should set the ConquestProb to 0 and MaxGlobalInstances to -1 instead.

It's best to use SQL for such changes, as it can find all wonders automatically, without the need to refer to all the specific ones in the code. This is the code I posted some time ago, for someone who had a similar question:

Code:
UPDATE BuildingClasses
SET MaxPlayerInstances = 1, MaxGlobalInstances = -1
WHERE MaxGlobalInstances = 1;

But I forgot about the NeverCapture/ConquestProb thing, which is a bit more complicated, as it requires making changes to the Buildings table depending on the content of the BuildingClasses table (actually the above code can be done in XML too, but cross-table operations can only be done in SQL). It's too late now for me to think how to do it, but perhaps I'll come up with something tomorrow (unless someone beats me to it ;)).

@Volans: Put this:
Code:
UPDATE Buildings SET ConquestProb = 0 WHERE BuildingClass IN (SELECT Type FROM BuildingClasses WHERE MaxGlobalInstances = 1);
before PawelS's SQL snippet above.

I would like to see a mod that gave each civilization a unique starting condition. Most of the time you get 1 warrior and 1 settler, 9 Happiness, 3 Gold, and 0 Culture.

I would like that to be changed based upon the civilization. This would give each civilization a unique advantage and will make things more randomly challenging if you use random civs. It also can drive your early game focus.

I would like to see a mod that gave each civilization a unique starting condition. Most of the time you get 1 warrior and 1 settler, 9 Happiness, 3 Gold, and 0 Culture.

I would like that to be changed based upon the civilization. This would give each civilization a unique advantage and will make things more randomly challenging if you use random civs. It also can drive your early game focus.

Not exactly the same as what your asking for, but check out Cultural Diversity, it gives a unique starting bonus according to the culture of the Civ.

just came across this article about a really cool illusion in Mauritius. this could be a neat world wonder mod addition. dont know what kind of bonuses to give it but this could be another island like wonder for an archipelago map or maybe just another discovery bonus like Krakatoa, one you cant really work or put in yer borders very often. depends on how faithful you want to be to its real world locale.

heres the article.

http://twistedsifter.com/2013/09/underwater-waterfall-illusion-at-mauritius-island/

Anyone here has a mod that allows planting of Forests and Jungles on the appropriate terrain as well as flooding Grasslands to form Marshes?

Also is there a bridges and canals mod where the improvements can actually be used by trade units? Like for example if you build a bridge on a single coast tile conecting 2 continents, Caravans can travel over it. Same for canals, Cargo Ships would go through them.

Anyone here has a mod that allows planting of Forests and Jungles on the appropriate terrain as well as flooding Grasslands to form Marshes?

Also is there a bridges and canals mod where the improvements can actually be used by trade units? Like for example if you build a bridge on a single coast tile conecting 2 continents, Caravans can travel over it. Same for canals, Cargo Ships would go through them.

Reforestation
Pontoon bridges (to my knowledge, cargo ships can go across and ships can still go through)
Canals (Canals don't have a custom model)

Mod request: Happy Followers

( if the empire is following a religion, they will not found a new one)

because how annoying it when the AI, who used to be your ally, founds his own religion and suddenly sees you as an infidel?

Top Bottom