Requested Mods

On earth sized map with 41 CS and 8 civilizations, my game takes very long time to end one turn. Especially when it is Shaka's turn. Is there any mod that speeds this?

Try Quickturns- it reduces Computers to quickmovement/quickcombat. Has custom settings, like civs who are at war with you won't ahve quickmovement/quickcombat.

It's a noticeable;e difference in turn time.

Both didn't help much. But tnx for the advice. After searching online for it, I found out the map was the problem, It was simply too big.

Does a mod exist that allows you to make map notes/signs, as you could in Civ4? I miss this SO much!

Does a mod exist that allows you to make map notes/signs, as you could in Civ4? I miss this SO much!

Search for "Map Labels" and/or "Map Pins"

I would love to see a mod based on Wolfenstein: The New Order

Ykno like a Civilization that has the New Order Germany and leader: General Deathshead. New units, New buildings and new traits.

I tried making one myself but I simply do not have the time or patience to do a whole civ because what I have in mind is usually a big thing. However I will go over what I think would be good if you want to make it, send me a pm or something if you are interested in my ideas for the mod.

Search for "Map Labels" and/or "Map Pins"

Either of those look perfect, thanks!

Sadly, I don't think I can enable them in my current game (Multiplayer using Superpower modpack rolled into "DLC" via Multiplayer Mods Workaround (or can I?))

But will definitely give them a go next game!

Is there a mod to make the trades in single player the same way they are in multiplayer? I mean, when the ai wants to trade there will only be the little (ignorable) icon on the corner of the screen instead of automatically opening the trade screen... I really don't like embassies and open borders with some civs and they simple wont give up asking until you either accept or declare war with them... If there is a mod that completely disable trades it would also do...

Anyone have a mod that increases how many ancient ruins spawn? Thanks

I want to see a mod that allows religions to share the same beliefs. It makes no sense to me that beliefs be exclusive and it's frustrating when the AI gets to steal the belief that I want because they happen to meet a religious city-state (I turn off ancient ruins for the same reason).

Hi guys. I'm playing France and I'm really frustrated during planning placement for subsequent cities. Is there a mod where clicking a tile will show the maximum workable tile of any city placed there? I believe there is one that activates when clicking a Settler but I want to be able to do it before sending in Civilians.

The biggest constraint when playing France is that the city must be placed with maximum number of Châteaux in mind, which means settling very near Luxes may not be optimal.

Costal waters

Would it be possible to make a mod that forces the Fish resource to spawn in pairs? If not, maybe a mod could introduce an Algae bonus resource [like the one in Civ BE]... I think the coasts really need more love.

Also, if Atolls could be improved somehow, maybe worked by boats and receive bonuses from Harbor and Seaport... it would be nice...

====

Unique abilities

Change to Aztecs UA: instead of culture, gain faith from kills.

Change to Austria UA: no more Diplo Marriage - instead, gain culture from kills [former Aztecs UA].

Diplo Marriage: avaliable to everyone, make gold and alliance cost x3 compared to what it is now.

===

Tundra/Snow areas

Add Seals as either a bonus or luxury resource [+1 food +1 gold, in either case] to snow terrain. Improved by camp [further +1 food +1 gold]. Make them allow to build Circus, like Horses and Elephants do.

Add berries/fruit [like the fruit resource in Civ BE!] to tundra terrain. +1 food, improved by a camp for a further +1. I say camp because: a) too many plantations already in the game; b) sinergizes well with the pantheon Godess of the Hunt.

If possible, make coastal waters near tundra spawn more fish. Above, asked for fish in pairs everywhere, maybe near tundra it could spawn in trios? If it sounds too OP/imba, maybe just pairs, but more frequently [like, a pair here, a pair there, so coastal tundra cities can get fish x4 with decent frequency].

The fact is that in Civ 5 tundra seems to represent both the actual tundra and a terrain called taiga, which is not much better, but has trees, fruits and other stuff, while tundra has almost nothing, nada, niente. While production needs can be eased by wood camps in forests and flat mines - if there are enough, in both cases -, the avaliable Deer is just never enough. Even the ocasional farms [when a river is near] can't save the day. We simply need more food, and that's where berries/fruit can come in. Same for the extra fish, if possible.​

Add gold to the list of resources that can spawn in tundra; if silver and cooper can, why not gold? Also, a lot of gold was found in Yukon, Alasca - a land which, from what I saw in the map, seems to be 80% taiga, 20% tundra... and as said above, Civ 5's version of tundra clearly represents both terrains.

Here are some mods I'd like to see:

1) Realistic civilization distribution

A mod that better distributes civilizations according to their real world locations on randomly-generated maps. So, for example, if you're the English the first civilization you meet isn't the Chinese or the Aztecs.

There is a mod - Culturally Linked Start Locations - that does a reasonable job at keeping civilizations of the same culture in close proximity on the map and I recommend it if other people feel the same way about this.

I've always wondered if there was a way to do it by giving each civilization a co-ordinate - x and y - based on their capital or civilization centre. The civilizations could be allocated their starting locations in relation to each other's co-ordinates.

2) True starting locations for the random terrain/real landmass map scripts

There are various map scripts with the vanilla game that have real landmasses but randomly generated terrain each time - Earth, Europe, Asia, Africa and more.

The civilizations, however, are randomly distributed.

It would be great if there were mods that allowed these maps to be played with true starting locations for all the civs in the game.

Yes, there are lots of civs in Europe and few for South America, for example, but one could choose the civilizations at setup and just use two or three civs in Europe, for example - at the user's discretion.

There could even be an option, especially useful if one was going for random civilizations, where it could be automatically and manually set as to how many civs would spawn on each continent.

3) A city-states customiser mod

A mod that lets one customise the city-states in play. So if you were playing a game with all European civilizations, for example, you could set it so that all the city-states would be European ones.

I've had a go at it myself, but I don't have the required modding fu.

4) A "Europe-like" randomly-generated world map script

There are some maps that have a global environment theme: Sandstorm (arid/desert), Frontier (Great Plains-esque), Arborea (forest and jungle).

I'd like one that creates a world that has a Europe-like environment. So no jungle, no or next to no desert, perhaps slight increase in tundra North and South, more marsh. Like the other map scripts above, you'd be able at setup to select pangaea or continents and so on.

It would be be a good map script if one wanted to play a game with European-only civilizations. I intrinsically prefer world-like maps with poles at the North and South and East-West world wrap, rather than with artificial edges.

Here are some mods I'd like to see:

1) Realistic civilization distribution

A mod that better distributes civilizations according to their real world locations on randomly-generated maps. So, for example, if you're the English the first civilization you meet isn't the Chinese or the Aztecs.

There is a mod - Culturally Linked Start Locations - that does a reasonable job at keeping civilizations of the same culture in close proximity on the map and I recommend it if other people feel the same way about this.

I've always wondered if there was a way to do it by giving each civilization a co-ordinate - x and y - based on their capital or civilization centre. The civilizations could be allocated their starting locations in relation to each other's co-ordinates.

2) True starting locations for the random terrain/real landmass map scripts

There are various map scripts with the vanilla game that have real landmasses but randomly generated terrain each time - Earth, Europe, Asia, Africa and more.

The civilizations, however, are randomly distributed.

It would be great if there were mods that allowed these maps to be played with true starting locations for all the civs in the game.

Yes, there are lots of civs in Europe and few for South America, for example, but one could choose the civilizations at setup and just use two or three civs in Europe, for example - at the user's discretion.

There could even be an option, especially useful if one was going for random civilizations, where it could be automatically and manually set as to how many civs would spawn on each continent.

3) A city-states customiser mod

A mod that lets one customise the city-states in play. So if you were playing a game with all European civilizations, for example, you could set it so that all the city-states would be European ones.

I've had a go at it myself, but I don't have the required modding fu.

4) A "Europe-like" randomly-generated world map script

There are some maps that have a global environment theme: Sandstorm (arid/desert), Frontier (Great Plains-esque), Arborea (forest and jungle).

I'd like one that creates a world that has a Europe-like environment. So no jungle, no or next to no desert, perhaps slight increase in tundra North and South, more marsh. Like the other map scripts above, you'd be able at setup to select pangaea or continents and so on.

It would be be a good map script if one wanted to play a game with European-only civilizations. I intrinsically prefer world-like maps with poles at the North and South and East-West world wrap, rather than with artificial edges.

1) Culturally linked start locations

2) Yet not another earths map pack

3) really Advanced setup, but that's not what it was made to do, so it might be a little bit of a pain.

4) There HAS to be some script around here somewhere that does that, but I think your specifications are little bit too specific to find one 100% the same.

1) Culturally linked start locations
1) Yes, that is a great mod. It sorts the civilizations into cultural art styles and also factors in relative distance between the Culture Groups. Choosing a diverse selection of civilizations, though, and, say, applying them to an Earth map you could still end up with the Germans starting in South America, for example.

So I was just thinking of another way of doing it by using geographical co-ordinates for each civ. That said, I'm happy using that mod.

2) Yet not another earths map pack

2) This mod uses fixed maps (with random resources, I think). It doesn't randomly-generate the terrain for each game, like the map scripts I referred to.

3) really Advanced setup, but that's not what it was made to do, so it might be a little bit of a pain.

3) I don't think this mod allows one to configure city-states.

4) There HAS to be some script around here somewhere that does that, but I think your specifications are little bit too specific to find one 100% the same.

4) If anyone knows of something then let me know!

I didn't want to ask help opening new thread so i am writing here.

I need mod that increases science cost by 30-50% (like this), but usually such mods are intended to slower only speed of time, leaving costs of units and building as intended.

For me, even such slight increase in science cost makes it easy to build everything i need in city in time, thus providing no challenge for me, player. I would like to find mod or instruction to increase also Buildings and Wonders cost corresponding to research slowdown. On the other hand, cost of units should stay the same so that AI and players could go into war if needed.

Maybe, if there is no one mod performing this task, you could answer if i can modify mod xml to alter cost of buildings construction.

EDIT: I found the way to edit game xml files.

I'd like a mod where, when nothing else is playing, you hear your own nation's themesong.
Bonus points if, when at war, you hear your war theme.

Is there a mod that exports build orders, tech order, SP order and those sorts of things from a game? Would be a huge time saver than writing it down.

Top Bottom