Requested Mods

The graphics engine source code was never released, so these kind of fixes are beyond what is possible with mods.

Farms are notoriously buggy - they are gpu intensive (all that waving wheat) and had a tendency to crash the game if there were a lot of them or if roads/rails crossed them.

Firaxis finally "fixed" this - IIRC part of that fix is to stop drawing them under certain circumstances. There's masses of discussion on these boards about it, but all several years ago - search for "arable"
ohh that's what going on, they just turned off farms, thanks for information.

Hey guys, I was wondering if there is a mod that allows players to raze a city AND keep this city's territory at the same time (after the razing is completed)?
In case it does not exist, would someone be interested in creating it?
Thx in advance for your answers :love:

Basically would like to see a combination of Future Worlds plus Superintelligence mod or Hulfgars Rise of Machine last era extracted and plugged in at the end of VP tech tree. With Superintelligence development, doomsday count and AI faction spawn.

Is there a mod that on the first turn of the game can give free promotions as a feature of a civ's Unique Ability? A Free Starting Promotion? I think it would be a fun twist to give Mystic Blade to the first Indonesian warrior and Buffalo Horns (or alternately spear throw) to the first Zulu warrior right at the start of the game (assuming one or both civs are participating as either player or AI). I have looked into the In Game Editor and Really Advanced Set-up mods, but both award experience for a promotion and not promotions (which does not achieve the aim because neither desired promotion is open for selection on the warrior's promotion tree). The Free Promotion in XML would give the promotions to too many units and not just the starting warriors.

Hi

is there any mods that determine total culture gained for the rest of the game on Great Writer's Create Great Work of Writing action tooltip? also Great Scientist's Build Academy action tooltip for science?

Thanks.

A small feature suggestion.

When hovering mouse over the building which you are going to build in the city view, the tooltip windows of the building would pop up. This tooltip window would list the Nuke Immunity, Capture Chance in the first two sentences. I find this behavior quit bothering. The tooltip should show the most important information in the top. Instead the tooltip show some very basic tutorial information, “Click on a building would put the building into the build sequence”, first. And then the window shows the nuke immunity and capture chance secondly. The real benefit of the building is behind these two.

My suggestion is to move the tutorial information on the bottom of the tooltip window and move the nuke immunity and capture chance below the actual benefit of buildings. So, player can see directly the benefit of building the building without no essential information distracting the focus of players.

Hello! There is this mod called "Lighthouse near sea", which is a God send...

It got me thinking, maybe someone could please make a "Hydro Plant near river"?

Among other reasons [maily gameplay], because Hydro Plants are usually built at least a bit far away from city centers in real life, not very close to them [if ever].

Thanks!

I asked twice before somewhere on this forum, but nothing came of it, so I'll try my luck again. Please somebody make Caucasian Imamate and Circassia civilizations. Caucasus region is so neglected...

Hello! There is this mod called "Lighthouse near sea", which is a God send...

It got me thinking, maybe someone could please make a "Hydro Plant near river"?

In the process of testing "Buildings - Watermill Near River", "Buildings - Windmill Near Flat" and "Buildings - Hydro Plant Near River"

Watch my Pick'n'Mix mods thread, I'll post there when I've uploaded them

Is there a mod that on the first turn of the game can give free promotions as a feature of a civ's Unique Ability? A Free Starting Promotion? I think it would be a fun twist to give Mystic Blade to the first Indonesian warrior and Buffalo Horns (or alternately spear throw) to the first Zulu warrior right at the start of the game (assuming one or both civs are participating as either player or AI). I have looked into the In Game Editor and Really Advanced Set-up mods, but both award experience for a promotion and not promotions (which does not achieve the aim because neither desired promotion is open for selection on the warrior's promotion tree). The Free Promotion in XML would give the promotions to too many units and not just the starting warriors.

I just started a thread asking something very similar to this. An answer to this would answer my thread as well.

I just started a thread asking something very similar to this. An answer to this would answer my thread as well.
It wouldn't be hard to just add a unique unit with the same stats, art, display name and that promotion. Disable <MillitaryBuilds> or whatever the row is called, then load it. Select that unit, for the civilization you want to have it, and let the havoc commence.

I kinda want to add a whole new city class to the game--outposts. Basically puppet cities that can be suicide-built over several turns (thus necessitating territorial dominance) by a new upgrade-line of units that are weaker combat units. The outposts could be built wherever, pillaged by the civilization that owns them (to allow fo stuff to be built there) and allow cities to work tiles far from their location. They'd also provide food and production, and could evolve into cities via a button UI element, after a certain number of turns.

I think it would make colonization a lot more realistic--small towns would be a thing :D

I know how to do some xml work, but I lack the experience dealing with the DLL. I'd be happy to handle as much of the xml as possible, if anyone wants to work with me on this.

I'd also like to add the ability to "capture" babar encampments. Have the game drop a tile improvement textured like a barbar encampment on the tile, and set the CultureBombRadius=1. Of course, having the game determine who *built* the improvement would be a bit of a problem.

I would really love to have a mod that changes the city list panel thing to remove multipliers, especially to production for the current construction project.

I don't know much about modding so I'm probably using the wrong words to describe this. If it isn't clear I'll be happy to clarify.

If you're curious about why, I wrote a long rant about this on r/civ5

Top Bottom