1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Requested Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Alex_K, Sep 23, 2010.

1. paradox meem

paradox meem Chieftain

does anyone know what happened to age of ascension and its companion mods? is it just dead now or has someone else been able to pick up there work? author hasn't been online since 2013 and i can't find the files for it. i would also take just having the files alone.

2. sman1975

sman1975 King

Taking this request a little further, there is a mod that will handle automated City production: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1896366231

3. Vonca

Vonca Chieftain

1) a mod where we could choose a palatial type that would influence the style of play right from the start,
    generating resources for war, production, growth etc.

4. sman1975

sman1975 King

5. Vonca

Vonca Chieftain

maybe the idea of the mod would be that once you found the capital, you could choose between palace types focused on a certain thing like the war council that I mentioned would be to accelerate units, buildings, experience etc.

6. Reinc

Reinc Chieftain

I want to see a playable civilization that represents Languedoc, with Raymond VII as their ruler. The abilites of this civ should feature their Catharism religion in a significant way.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  7. Wilhelm song

Wilhelm song Chieftain

Just a few civs really
    The sequence is by importance
    Fiume under Gabriele D’Annunzio (Impresa Di Fiume - starts with great writer, cannnot build cities, great writers can be expended to annex city states, Arditi as a UU, has bonuses against cities)
    China under Jiang Zemin (Three Representitives - gain culture, production or happiness upon adopting policies, he’s a meme on Chinese internet)
    Serb Republic under Radovan Karadzic
    Albania under Enver Hoxha
    Uganda under Idi Amin
    Hungary under Viktor Orban
    Manchuria under Puyi
    Albania under King Zog
    China under Sun Yat-Sen (Three People’s Principles)
    The UK under Boris Johnson and/or Tony Blair

Please do it for the memes, if anyone wants to do them, please reply so I know someone cares for my ideas

8. Richard20

Richard20 Chieftain

I'd like to see the Conquest for Unique Unit mod come back, I miss playing with that mod a lot. Can anyone make it again?

9. Wilhelm song

Wilhelm song Chieftain

I would also request Chile under Pinochet and Dominican Republic under Trujillo.
    Edit: And Turkmenistan under Nyazov, he was really crazy

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  10. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

I play with an excelent mod called Ethnic Units, but I find the lack of ethnic replacements for musketman a bit sad... thus, I'd like to respectfully request a small mod in this regard. Bit since asking unique muskets for every civ would be abusing you good will, I limit my request to the following units:

- Mediterranean musketman: a Roman themed model, to be applied for Rome, Byzantium, Greece and maybe Carthage and Egypt. Inspirational images in the spoiler:

Spoiler :

- Mesoamerican musketman: an Aztec themed model, to be applied for Aztecs, Incas and Mayans (I know this in not accurate, but...)

Spoiler :
    Almost 01 hour searching the internet and this is the only image I could find... to exactly what I hoped for...

- Eastern musketman: a Chinese model, to be applied for China, Korea, Mongolia, Siam and maybe Indonesia.

Spoiler :

Japan would need an exclusive model... thought who makes musketman with them, if the have kick ass samurai? Unless Japanese pikes (and only Japanese!) changed to upgrade into muskets...

Spoiler :

I second this request, for I'd like such a mod as well.

11. Nutty

Nutty Deity

Note there's a unit request thread if you're requesting new models.

Anyway, FWIW, Ethnic Diversity has many of these already (see link in my sig). It's got almost 3x as many unique units as Ethnic Units, which hasn't been updated since 2014.
    If you want to make your own edits to Ethnic Units, note these are the musketmen that E.D. uses that Ethnic Units doesn't:
    • musketman_ger* (Germany and Austria) by Civ4 Invictus, zwei833
    • Polish_Chosen (Poland) by zwei833, Wolfdog
    • Streltsy_* (Russia) by Bakuel, Wolfdog, Tomahawk.nsk
    • Arquebusier (Netherlands and Eastern European CS's) by Gagonite, Wolfdog
    • EthiopianOromo* (Subsaharan African civs and CS's) by JTitan, Civ4
    • CL_Ogichidaa (North American CS's) by Sukritact
    • civ5_iromu* (Iroquois) by Patum333
    • native_rifleman (Shoshone) by Deliverator, coffee junkie