1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Requested Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Alex_K, Sep 23, 2010.

1. sman1975

sman1975 Emperor

@Fierro - take a look at the famous "In-Game Editor" or IGE.

2. Jozrael

Jozrael Chieftain

Is there any mod that allows you to opt out of an unlocked build option in your city screen?

E.g., let's say I've unlocked the Garden in a city that I don't care about great people in. I want to [for a period of turns, or indefinitely until canceled] place it into a hidden queue and no longer see it in the main production screen.

Is there anything like that? If not, how easy do you think it would be [relative to other UI mods] to do something like that?

3. Questdog

Questdog Prince

I would like a mod that would wake units when they spot a settler.

4. DracoTheGreat

DracoTheGreat Warlord

I would like a mod that makes camels a resource, and adds a camel unit that is available to any civ. Arabia can keep camel archers, I guess. Same thing with elephants.

I can totally understand if it's not possible and all.

5. sman1975

sman1975 Emperor

@DracoTheGreat - adding the camel unit isn't hard at all - just need to decide what its capabilities are, e.g. combat strength, prerequisite tech, obsolete tech, cost, free promotions, etc. Same for the elephants.

If trying to make the Camel Archer unit available to all civs, you'd need a replacement "unique feature" for Arabia, as all playable civs must have a Unique Ability, and at least 0-2 Unique Buildings and/or 0-2 Unique Units (but 2 or more of either of these).

Adding Camels as a resource, however, can be a problem, depending on how you do it.

If you want the new resources on the map, this it is quite a bit trickier. The artwork and animations are the hardest part, adjusting map scripts to add Camels to maps would be a challenge. It can be done, but it isn't easy.

If you want the resource to become available when a certain building is created, it is actually not hard at all.

I wouldn't mind taking a stab at it, but need to get some ideas about how the unit and resource should be built. I've created a thread in the "Civ V Mod Components" area:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/camel-unit-resource-mod-collaboration-thread.625074/

Please review the thread and see if you can help me construct the mod the way you envision it. Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  6. DracoTheGreat

DracoTheGreat Warlord

@sman1975 Hey, thanks for the response.

I'll check the thread out.

7. JackConor

JackConor Chieftain

A mod for strategic bombing so bombers dont feel useless? And also improve the espionage system eg more advanced action, ability to choose action, great spy etc. If you could base your mod on VP and add support for major mods like JFD that would be great

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  8. sman1975

sman1975 Emperor

@JackConor: have you seen this mod on Steam - called "The Great Spy?"

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=883589180

I've not used it personally, but I do know that Mr. Tomatekh writes very solid code.

What kind of bomber improvements were you looking for? More survivability? More damage? More range? A few extra units, like B-52, Suborbital Bombers, etc.?

Also, what do you mean by, "VP?"

9. JackConor

JackConor Chieftain

VP = Vox Populi. As for bombers, I was thinking is it possible to add a pillage action to bomber so they can destroy tiles to harass enemy like they do in civ 4 and I think also in civ 6. This would be a great feature against warmongers by denying their industrial capability. I also do miss ship bombardment from civ 4. All in all I can just go play civ 4 but Its hard to play with unit stacking and square tiles after civ 5. I dont know much about modding so is this feasible in anyway?

10. Jarula

Jarula King

Aside from fixing VP to work with ynaemp...

I want help to make a mod mod mod mod mod for Ynaemp and VP that improves the europeans in ynaemp maps. basically extra unique components for all of them... I was wondering if anyone was interested

11. SLGray

SLGray King

I did not have any issue with these 2 mods.

12. Jarula

Jarula King

How did you get them to work?

And what do you think of a mod mod to help the European civs... balance?

13. SLGray

SLGray King

Did you edit the YNEAMP mod with regard to the position of resources: it is X Y and it should be Y X?

14. Jarula

Jarula King

Wait where exactly is that?

15. sman1975

sman1975 Emperor

@JackConor - I'm working on an "Operator" class of units - similar to the Great Spy mod I referenced in post #1028.

The mod will be a much lighter version of that mod, with some variations to better spread the capabilities throughout the tech tree. I've opened a collaboration thread at:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/smooth-operator-mod-collaboration-thread.625740/

Please feel free to review my planning documents and make any suggestions you'd like so I can improve the mod as it's being built. Thanks!

16. DracoTheGreat

DracoTheGreat Warlord

I think a mod that makes it so you have to research all the techs in an era before moving on to the next would be great. Preferably, it should be compatible with TacTurns.

Also, a mod that doesn't punish early game warmongers as much. Like, you take one city, and everyone suddenly hates you. Something that makes it so they won't hate you as much would be great.

17. sman1975

sman1975 Emperor

18. DracoTheGreat

DracoTheGreat Warlord

Ooooooh. Thank you!

19. DracoTheGreat

DracoTheGreat Warlord

I have done a bit of researching, and I couldn't find anything similar to what I'm about to suggest.

We all know how if your empire is unhappy, you get barbarian units near your cities. I'm suggesting a mod that makes it so that these barbarian units, upon capturing your city, convert into a civilization that is chosen at random from the civ select screen. One that isn't already in the game.

I don't know if that's possible. If it is, that would be amazing. Revolutions would take place, and you're gonna want to keep happiness higher. (You have to already, yes, but now it's even more of a threat.)

20. SLGray

SLGray King

Is that not already possible with the vanilla game? If not, it is possible with JFD's mods.