Requesting: Victory conditions mod

ziamatt

Chieftain
I was wondering, would anyone be able/willing to create a mod that allows you to choose what the victory conditions are for a game for the latest BTS version of the game? I was thinking it might be possible to modify a civilization's behavior by modifying how they can win. Can anyone do this?

Modding AI is very hard, as for the victories available, you can edit those in the WB file with notepad yourself.

I opened the WB for 3000 BC unlocked in Word (better organized than in Notepad) but I'm not sure how to modify the possible victory conditions. I imagine I need to add a new option, but I'm unsure what to call the option.

Edit: Never mind, found a tutorial.

I opened the WB for 3000 BC unlocked in Word (better organized than in Notepad) but I'm not sure how to modify the possible victory conditions. I imagine I need to add a new option, but I'm unsure what to call the option.

Edit: Never mind, found a tutorial.

I am not sure if Word will save the file back properly. Probably not.

Notepad generally sucks, if you want a good program use TextPad or Geany (the latter is kind of tricky since it is designed to do other stuff). You can download both of them for free (use Google to find the sites).

Sorry to be the Necromancer. Well, not realy, I love hanging out with the dead.
But has anyone figured out how to remove the generic victory conditions from Ries?
I realy wish if there was a way to disable things like cultural or time victories.

Sorry to be the Necromancer. Well, not realy, I love hanging out with the dead.
But has anyone figured out how to remove the generic victory conditions from Ries?
I realy wish if there was a way to disable things like cultural or time victories.

You can do that from the WB file, just open it in a good text editor and you will see all the condition in the beginning.

You don't need to edit the WB file. In the .ini file located in the mod folder, enable the CustomScenario option.

Also, it's better to use Wordpad instead of Notepad or Word.

So it will work if I just eather edit the map to disable the VC or load the scenarion as a custom scenario?
That almost sounds too simple.
Thanks people.

You don't need to edit the WB file. In the .ini file located in the mod folder, enable the CustomScenario option.

Also, it's better to use Wordpad instead of Notepad or Word.

I am not sure if opening RFC as custom scenario would work, there is just so much inbuilt into python and C++. I would go for the WB, IMHO it is the easiest and surest way to do it.

I am not sure if opening RFC as custom scenario would work, there is just so much inbuilt into python and C++. I would go for the WB, IMHO it is the easiest and surest way to do it.

I've been playing with custom scenario for a long time, just for enabling the new random seed with reload.

It can be a bad thing if you change options like "always peace" or "raging barbarians", as RFC is hardcoded in some ways, but if you don't touch that it's just fine.

Is there any way to modify an existing save file to remove certain victory conditions?

Is there any way to modify an existing save file to remove certain victory conditions?

I don't think there is an easy way to do that. You are probably better off going into the World Builder and adding/removing units/cities/techs to get what you want.

I don't think there is an easy way to do that. You are probably better off going into the World Builder and adding/removing units/cities/techs to get what you want.

That is not going to get rid of unwanted victory conditions.

Top Bottom