Requst new age

Highgeneral

Gone forever!
Hello I wonder why there is no future age like in civ. call to power?

It could have new units like laser tropper or hovertank

new tile improvements like super railroads or under water tunnels to connect islands or super farms

new city improvement like starport or cloning labs

new resoures like fusion

new tech. like underwater construction

we could call the age the age of info.

new under water citys

new wonder like space defence station

the age could go from 2050-2200

i am not talking Nano Tech. jus near future.

tell me what you think.

Because they're not really what Civ is about. Civilisation is about History of Civilisations. If you want to play around with future stuff maybe Command and Conquer would be for you.

I actually want an earlier age for 40 or so turns where you only could fight with warriors and have to research mining and irrigation ( as per conquestnews)
Then on Deity levels you wouldn't be surprised by an archerparty from a foreign civ.

Gozpel

Try the Double your Pleasure (DyP) mod - it has those features in it...

DyP Mod

However, it is pretty huge - will take a while to download, but it's worth it.

Originally posted by TriviAl
Gozpel

Try the Double your Pleasure (DyP) mod - it has those features in it...

DyP Mod

However, it is pretty huge - will take a while to download, but it's worth it.

I read about that mod and I want it, but with 56k connection on a jumpy outbackserver it will take forever to dl.

Hmm, but with getitright and if I start now, I can have it by xmas :)

I think we will be able to add eras because in the some senarios there a diferent eras, stone age, iron age i think it is going to be a feature in conquest

Originally posted by EddyG17
I think we will be able to add eras because in the some senarios there a diferent eras, stone age, iron age i think it is going to be a feature in conquest

They've just changed the names of the 4 Era's, A Conquests Scenario is 1 or 2 Era's its own tech trees, its own units, Civs, and events... hopefully a good events editor with it, The idea (as far as I've seen) is a single 'quest' which you need to perform to win, like playing a 'diplomatic victory only' game with a pre-set map and a limited choice of race. or Domination victory only. Mostly things we can allready do with the current editor. without scripted events.

I agree with most other posters- a future age is not needed, mabey near tech stuff- ya know thing that are likelly no more then 50 years in the future,but no sci-fi stuff

(also "fusion" is a reaction- not a resorce ;))

I also doubt people ever expanding into the ocean- once mars is terra-formed there will be alot more ground space there, and hopefully, cheap transportation as well

You would have to turn off most of the current victory conditions to even get to a future era. I've usually won the game by the end of the Industrial Era.

But I prefer to win by culture.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I'd just like additional techs for "near-future" techs...not to go overboard with the future techs. CTP is a good game in and of itself, but I like the richness of civ3 over the whole course of history, not just in the modern or future eras.

That said, it wouldn't bother me greatly if there was a "future era"; it's not a dealbreaker by any means.

Maybe current future technologies could simply increase offense/defense of all your military, let's say by 5 % for each. This way your military power would double with 20 technologies.

Top Bottom