(Reskin) Middle-East T-55

Acronym2

'Cedo Alteram'
A reskin of Snafusmith's T-55. This time I added the alpha channel for Team Colors. If you want a .dds without, please post in the thread and I'll add a no-Team Color .dds later. This unit is simply done in a desert tan for the Middle-Eastern civilizations. Once agian, I took great care to match the shading, etc. to that of the other Civ IV AFV's. I had planned to do a desert camo pattern, but decided to share the unit with the community now. The desert tan looks nice as it is, though I may still do a desert camo pattern at a latter time.
(I will add a damage .dds soon!)

Enjoy!

Download Link

Version 1.0 adds a no-team color skin as the default with the team color skin in a separate folder.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 264
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 237
  • Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 163
Nice work.. really like this one :).. I would like a no-Team Color skin.. as I may do some reskin of this one my self...
The default tan skin is all over the place... I believe it's Snafu's skin, but it's in just about every mod in the Civ4 community if you can't find the original download.

The T-55 is used quite a bit in the mods around here (including my own).

The default tan skin is all over the place... I believe it's Snafu's skin, but it's in just about every mod in the Civ4 community if you can't find the original download.

The T-55 is used quite a bit in the mods around here (including my own).

Okay I was starting making skins for the T-72 but maybe Ill do this one insted as the are alot alike...

You can get just about all of Snafu's older skins (like the T-55) in one place if you just keep his Warlords mod "Modern Warfare" on your hard drive.

You can get just about all of Snafu's older skins (like the T-55) in one place if you just keep his Warlords mod "Modern Warfare" on your hard drive.

already have it.. but havent looked at all the units in there...

already have it.. but havent looked at all the units in there...
Well it's not too hard to find then... check the Units/T55 and Units/T55tan folders! :groucho:

Acronym this is great!

now for a bit of constructive criticism...it seems like the model is a bit bright. Maybe make it a bit darker?

@ GFO Anubis, can't wait for your reskins of this tank :drool:

Nice work.. really like this one :).. I would like a no-Team Color skin.. as I may do some reskin of this one my self...

I'll work on that today.......it only takes a few minutes to remove the mask from the Alpha Chanel. I would also like to try a desert camo pattern with it, but I may move on to another unit and get back to that later.

Maybe tone down the gloss a little bit will make it enought "darker".

I'll work on that today.......it only takes a few minutes to remove the mask from the Alpha Chanel. I would also like to try a desert camo pattern with it, but I may move on to another unit and get back to that later.

Thank you my skins is gona be nation specific so you can still do a generic desert camo later ;)...

Not easy, but I like your effort! Keep up the good work!

I like it now....
I did not say i dont like it - it looks cool.
But since "too bright" came up, i mentioned the gloss - it does make the mesh look brighter. Plus tanks (military machinery i.g.) are usually not very glossy - i think they even are specifically painted to be not glossy, so the enemy has harder time spoting it.

I did not say i dont like it - it looks cool.
But since "too bright" came up, i mentioned the gloss - it does make the mesh look brighter. Plus tanks (military machinery i.g.) are usually not very glossy - i think they even are specifically painted to be not glossy, so the enemy has harder time spoting it.

I changed the shader from mechshadergloss to mechshader and darkened the hull/turret patina a little. It still looks very good, but a little something is missing from the effect without the mechshadergloss.............., but what is it? Perhaps I should paint more shade accent on light and dark areas on the gloss.dds or the skin itself? The look is there, but I want that last little bit to make it a perfect Civ IV in-game match.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    262.5 KB · Views: 88
I like the overall color better. But you are right, it looks a bit more "flat" now.

I didn't mean completely remove gloss tho - just tone it down - making the gloss map a bit darker (but maybe adding a wee bit contrast to it).

I really like it the way it is Acronym2, but if you're not happy...I'll wait

I haven't changed anything yet.............my discussion is centered around a fine tuning of the method. The Firaxis Civ IV AFV's appear to use the MechShader as opposed to the MechShaderGloss. Yet the MechshaderGloss seems to produce an effect that matches the Civ IV AFV style slightly better than MechShader(?) So, my objective is to explore and experiment with the use of MechShader for vehicles.

I like the overall color better. But you are right, it looks a bit more "flat" now.

I didn't mean completely remove gloss tho - just tone it down - making the gloss map a bit darker (but maybe adding a wee bit contrast to it).

That is the observation I was looking for. Possibley the gloss.dds needs a bit of refinement painted into it or....contrast? You see the circumstance! Civ IV units have "depth" with the Mechshader. I have duplicated most all else, but I only get "depth" on MechShaderGloss. Maybe some of the "depth" should be painted on the skin itself.........

Top Bottom