Resources Placed in an Order?

Okay, I think I've got it now; correct me if I'm wrong about any of the following -

1. The Resource pcx can have all the images it wants. It doesn't matter.

2. in the biq, however:

- Under 32 total resources - no problem, carry on.

- more than 32 total resources:

1. the total must be a multiple of 32.

2. As long as the total is a multiple of 32 the ratio of S/L/B doesn't matter, except

3. the S/L resources should all come first on the list

4. you can't have more than 32 S/L resources or you get "ghosts"

5. within that 32 S/L, the ratio is variable.

All correct!

If all of the above is true, then I have just one last question: does that mean that a mod could have 31 S, one L, and 44 bonus resources? Or one S and 31 L resources?

If you chage that 44 to 32, then yes (for 64 total). 44 was from 20+44 example.

You'll get graphical glitches of course, e.g. the luxury box only has space for 8 luxuries, or 10 if you remove pollution (IIRC).

Empryodead... I have (Editor order List) 21 Strategic and Luxury Resources then 22 is a Bonus Resource then 23 -30 are Strategic Resources then 31 is a Luxury Resources and 33 is a strategic Resource and 33-36 are Bonus Resources. All Work as they should.

These 36 Resources are more than 32 Total Resources and not using the stated sequence of resources in the editor as what is believed must be made.

If we add more than the 32 Resources that are Strategic and or Luxury Resources, then the other factors seem to take affect.

If this is not true, Why can I have 36 ( More than 32) Resources and all work prefectly without the Blocks of 32?

Empryodead... I have (Editor order List) 21 Strategic and Luxury Resources then 22 is a Bonus Resource then 23 -30 are Strategic Resources then 31 is a Luxury Resources and 33 is a strategic Resource and 33-36 are Bonus Resources. All Work as they should.

These 36 Resources are more than 32 Total Resources and not using the stated sequence of resources in the editor as what is believed must be made.

If we add more than the 32 Resources that are Strategic and or Luxury Resources, then the other factors seem to take affect.

If this is not true, Why can I have 36 ( More than 32) Resources and all work prefectly without the Blocks of 32?

Vuldacon, are we talking about the same thing? *unconnected* cities? Try placing an unconnected, non-capital city with only Resource 1 in the city box, and another with only Resource 33.

I believe that this is what happens:

If you have more than 32 total resources: (I'll use 36 for this example)
and resource 33 is a strategic, then it may ghost the resources of that number - 1 (and for all mutliples) 1, 65, 97, etc... I think it was said that if resources are not in 32's, it can continue to loop, perhaps indefinitely, since program cannot find a stopping point.

Might not be 100% correct here on exactly how it works, but I remember it was something like that.

Only cities not connected to capitol will show the ghosted resources. If all cities are connected in a scenario, the problem does not exist I don't think.

EFZI2 is where I use what I posted. All works as Stated. Unconnected and Connected.

My Point is concerning IF 20 Strategic and or Luxury resources are placed then any Number of Bonus Resources seem to be ok. If more than 32 Strategic and or Luxury Resources are placed, then that causes problems.

tom2050: Pretty much, but the stopping point is the original resource, so keeping it at 32s means it will only loop once and not hit any "bystanders".

Vuldacon, I'll see about your case, but the bug definitely appears with less than 32 S/L.

Empryodead... I understand the basis of the Resources being Multiples of 32. I am merely wondering about why having more than 32 Total Resources that include Bonus Resources does not affect them as when more than 32 Strategic and or Luxury Resources are used.

Vuldacon, I wanted to reproduce your case but the (public) EFZI2 has exactly 32 resources total.

So, which one of you two is correct here?

Does the bug affect scenarios with more than thirty-two resources, or is it only when you have more than thirty-two strategic and luxuries?

wolf brother... The Strategic and or Luxury Resources cause the "Bug" for Sure if more than 32 but as far as I have seen, Bonus Resources do not cause the Bug that concerns the Strategic and or Luxury Resources because the Bonus Resources are Not Shared between "Cities" and I am guessing that IF there are no More than 32 Strategic and or Luxury Resource listed within the first 32 Resources on the List in the Editor, any number of Bonus Resources could be added without problems.

Of the 36 Resources I am using, (#1-#21) are Strategic and Luxury resources then (#22) one Bonus then the next nine (#23-#31) are Strategic and Luxury then (#32) one Bonus Resource then (#33) one Strategic Resource and (#34-#36) are Bonus Resources.

The point is that this is a Total of 32 Strategic with Luxury Resources.
I have no problems with this order in game although it does not list All of the Strategic and Luxury Resources all first.

If no more than 32 Strategic and or Luxury Resources are used, there does not appear to be a problem and the Bonus Resources do not appear to cause the "Bug". Again probably because Bonus Resources are not Shared so are not involved with the programing.

That said, If I was starting a new game, I would list all 32 Strategic and Luxury Resources First then add the Bonus Resources.

If More than 32 Strategic and or Luxury Resources are used then the ordered Multiples of 32 that embrydead posted need to be used.

If More than 32 Strategic and or Luxury Resources are used then the ordered Multiples of 32 that embrydead posted need to be used.

No, if more than 32 strategic/luxury resources are used, none of the known methods work, otherwise the bug would be a history. Proper order seems to be enough for normal cases, however, as you have shown*

*I assume #32 is strategic and #33 is bonus, not the other way around as you have written now, because if both 1 and 33 are strategic then you get ghosting between the two (I reproduced as much).

As for listing S/L first I recommended it for convenience to avoid doing all the math.

*I assume #32 is strategic and #33 is bonus, not the other way around as you have written now, because if both 1 and 33 are strategic then you get ghosting between the two (I reproduced as much).

No, #32 is a Bonus Resource and #33 Strategic Resource and all exactly as I stated. No Ghosting

No, #32 is a Bonus Resource and #33 Strategic Resource and all exactly as I stated. No Ghosting

But IIRC, #1 was strategic/luxury also... Would this mean that resource #65 would have to be bonus (if there was one).

I think, Vuldacon, from what I have read, that ghosting could happen by making the resource #1 appear instead of resource #33 (or vice versa).

Vuldacon, I reproduced your setup and there's ghosting. 1 ghosts 33 and 33 ghosts 1. I attached the BIQ w/ numbered resources - maybe you can tell what are you doing differently that the same setup works for you and not for me? (there are 36 aptly named cities there, each with one resource + unconnected capital). Mind you, if you switch 33 with 32 it works fine (not counting ghosted bonuses since they don't do anything).

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Ghosts.zip
    41.3 KB · Views: 52
enbryodead... I assume in your Test Biq you had #1 and #33 as well as all other Strategic Resources shared and connected.

#33 Marine Recruits and #9 Military Gear Strategic Resources are Not Connected Resources in my Game. They only show in the 5 buildings that they are connected to. Those 5 buildings are Not Connected to any other buildings in the game. There is no Ghosting of any resource in any Building in any area of the game.

...another factor is for example, the Survivors have 17 Strategic Resources + the Two Strategic Resources that are not connected when the unconnected buildings are captured= 19, 5 Luxury and 5 Bonus Resources. For example, Only Zombies have Zombie Goo Strategic resource and Only the Company has Files and Spin Doctors Strategic Resources. In other words, Not all Resources are for every Faction in the game.

IF all Strategic Resources were shared and connected by Road or Airport Trade then there could be a problem.

The Zip has some Screen Shots and List of Resources in the Order they are in the Editor as well as the Resource File... that should help clear up any questions and explain why there is no Ghosting.

Attachments

• 36 Resources.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 42
enbryodead... I assume in your Test Biq you had #1 and #33 as well as all other Strategic Resources shared and connected.

(...) IF all Strategic Resources were shared and connected by Road or Airport Trade then there could be a problem.

No, in my BIQ they are not connected at all. They were shared but if I un-share them, it makes no difference (see below). All cities have only 1 resource each and are not connected to each other or the capital. So:

City 5 only has resource #5.
City 25 only has resource #25. etc.
But City 1, which only has resource #1, has access to both #1 and #33. That's ghosting. You remove #1, they both disappear. You connect it to the capital - the ghosted #33 disappears - since the bug only affects unconnected cities.

...another factor is for example, the Survivors have 17 Strategic Resources + the Two Strategic Resources that are not connected when the unconnected buildings are captured= 19, 5 Luxury and 5 Bonus Resources. For example, Only Zombies have Zombie Goo Strategic resource and Only the Company has Files and Spin Doctors Strategic Resources. In other words, Not all Resources are for every Faction in the game.

This makes no difference, ghosted resources appear regardless of availability - this can be seen in the test BIQ I posted - if you restrict #33 - with some ERA_NONE tech, it can still be seen in City 1, but only as a ghost (it's no longer visible to Rome in City 33).

#33 Marine Recruits and #9 Military Gear Strategic Resources are Not Connected Resources in my Game. They only show in the 5 buildings that they are connected to. Those 5 buildings are Not Connected to any other buildings in the game. There is no Ghosting of any resource in any Building in any area of the game.

The Zip has some Screen Shots and List of Resources in the Order they are in the Editor as well as the Resource File... that should help clear up any questions and explain why there is no Ghosting.

Well, it almost cleared it up for me, especially the bold part - as far as I can tell, "There is no Ghosting of any resource in any Building in any area of the game" but this is a specific scenario with pre-placed cities and resources - and the condition when the ghosting happens could never be met. On a different map, it could happen. That's why I asked you to place a non-capital city with only resource #1, unconnected to anything else. If you could do that please - maybe we would have an answer. At least in the test setup which is a copy of yours, in that particular case it does happen.

If it's still not it - then I don't know what it is, but again, it's not about resources being connected (they are not) or shared (no difference).

Top Bottom