[Ressources] Bison and Brahmin

Thanks, makes the game more realistic. Bison used to live in Europe too. Cows used to be littler like an antelope. I have replaced the cow with a Bison and added Bison sounds. I took mp3's, selected the best/cleanest sounding one and put it into my sound editing program. I exported it to . wav format and reopened in editing program. Then I cut six separate segments out of it, where sound occured. Placing four in : C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold\Assets\Sounds\Resouces and Improvements ; I renamed them to four existing cow sounds. I didn't write over the blank cow sounds, as they seem to be for pacing.
Replacing the cow was the easiest way i could think of to ensure game compatibility.
I downloaded about 6 different programs before i transferred the sound, just so i could view the texture in its native file format and attempt 3D modeling of my own in the future.Jeez, all this takes a lot of effort. YO, do you have a Llama made? they were like sheep combined with donkeys and deer. They carried goods, children. Fabric was made from their fur; like Europeans did with sheep. Its kind of a Euro-centric oversight not to have them. They were among the first domesticated animals on earth. Also someone should modify a conquistador to have a giant mastiff dog. They used giant war dogs.

Could someone explain me what to do to get that Bison into my game? :confused:

I know the How-to-add-Resources-Tutorial, but it isnt of any help for me. I copied&pasted the Cow entry in both the BonusInfo and the Art_Def files and replaced "Cow" with "Bison". When I start the game to see what happens it gives me a myriad of errors I don't quite understand (2 error messages for each and every resource...). I guess, I need to do something in another file (one of the LS files?) to make it work, but I have no idea, what and where. :cry:

Any help is appreciated!

Did you add it to the CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml? You'll have to find the IMPROVEMENT_PASTURE and add Bison there too (well, you don't have to, but it'll be useless if you don't). btw, what errors (specifically) do you get?

Ok, I at least understand now that it is BonusInfo.xml that is causing all the error messages. The first error says that BonusInfo.xml can't be loaded (thus all the resources are missing and I get dozens of errors), because of something being invalid. It says:
"expected: {x-schema:CIV4TerrainSchema.xml}AIObjective
Line: 25,13
<iHealth>0</iHealth>"

I checked TerrainSchema.xml but I can't figure out what this error is supposed to mean.

Oh, lol, you're my hero!
That's exactly what I was doing wrong. There's no BonusInfo in BTS, so I figured I'd just get the vanilla one. :lol:

Thank you! :goodjob:

&#8364;: Ok, it still doesnt work. I get the same error message, this time for the Art-Def file. I've tried all three of those files (Vanilla, BTS, Warlords), no luck...

I fixed it. I had left out the <FontButtonIndex> tag, that's why the program was complaining.

So thanks again for your help! :)

Top Bottom