1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Retired Tread - Conflict Manager's Office

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by Octavian X, Apr 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

2. Octavian X

3. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

One problem, Julius is dead. His troops are now controlled by Julia. I will consider them to be her troops.

4. Civanator

Civanator Deity

OCt, Thank you for the excellent effort, but I don't have excel :( :lol:. Can you take a screenshot and post it please? thanks.

5. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

ooc@bootstoots: the treaty was a proposal of bellona to the despot. nothing more. the only one whom he officialy gave approval (though not in here) was civanator, as representant of depaolo. imho you still need approval of the despot...

btw: thanks ct+octavian... nextime please do not change your rulings all the time :-(
    the above posted was exactly what we wanted to do when we were denied it... *sigh*

6. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

@octavian:
    just one question to your numbers in the excel:
    s f c
    61 41 164
    6 13 48

how do i loose 55 shield 28 food and 116 commerce?

i onw 20 units, so 80 gold should be enough for maintenance for them... (20shield+20food=40resource=80gold)
    the values after maintenance should so be:
    i upgraded 3 warriors to legions for 9 shield
    i baught 6 legions for 24 shields
    so my values after upgrades/buying should be:
    28s,41f,84c

how is the caluclations of your values?
    also, i think you got the controlling characters wrong or did not yet update them. i posted above a change so please check again.

i also need ruling of the disbanding of my archers. how many shields do i get from them?

just a note:
    for the future i would like to convert all commere to shield+food for the maintenance of the troops. so for each unit i pay 4 commerce as maintenance (atm this should so be enough for up to 41 units).

7. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

addtion to the above:
    according to my records the controll is split as follows:
    Bellona 7S+4L
    Helena 4S+2L

according to this and the above shield calculation of me, i would like to raise 6 more legions with the leftover shields+ the leftover gold converted to shields.
    this would cost me 24 shields.
    i should have enough according to your or my values, whichever are correct.

the units will be under controll of helena on the iron tile near gorina in standby (this is the field headquarters of the helenatican army at the moment)
    i will reorganize my troops soon and give you a detailed list of which units is under who's controll and standing where. propably after the next tc.

notice:
    if helena is dead or will die, bellonas daughter will take controll of those units. but i will not accept the death of hellena until i see a list of all existing characters with their ages :)

for troop positions in the future, i will use the coordinate system i introduced for the helenatica maps. those will be pretty fixed as i dont plan to increase or shrink the claim area.

8. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

Dis, my character, Julia Peesea, is the despotess of Plainia, which is a member of the ONSS. She is representing Plainia, and officially gave approval by ratifying the treaty.

9. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Raising Troops
    I am running 4/6/6. I have:
    1 spearman
    3 legions
    which gives me 0/2/6.

I would like to convert 2 gold to one food, and 4 gold to 2 shields, and raise another legion.

1) This legion is in Antonio's name
    2) It will be passed on to Anthony II
    3) A legion is to be raised
    4) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51788&pagenumber=4 Verification
    5) It is DePaolotan, Belonging to the DePaolo Line

Troop Passings
    All troops under Antonio's command will be passed to Anthony II when Antonio dies.

10. Octavian X

Note to all: Horsemen and Horse Archers are now available. For more info on these new units, check Post 3 of this thread.

OK, dis, your numbers were refigured. I don't know what happened to my files. You have 41s/21f/164c
    Perhaps I should explain in detail how I determine if you have the resources necessary. Sheilds are never actually subtracted when you raise a unit. Let's say a person has 30s. He orders 10 swordsmen. This order costs 30s exactly. I then record the maintinence costs, giving him 20s left for any raising he wishes to do next TC. This is mainly why I only allow one troop raising each TC (a rule I need to start enforcing better). Everything gets complicated after awhile, which is why this system is as simple as possible.

As for disbanding, seeing as sheilds don't accumulate at the moment and looking at how I raise troops, I'm gonna say disbanding only frees up maintience sheilds.

The last orders have been processed.

***All posts beyond this point are considered part of the year 430 B.C. Remember, until the next TC, you may only raise troops once.***

11. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Oct, a correction:
    Bootstoots has an income of 3/5/6

12. Civanator

Civanator Deity

13. Octavian X

Done, and done.

14. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Raising Troops
    1) Under command of Antonio
    2) Passed to Anthony
    3) 3 legions to be raised, 1 Horse Archer. 8 gold to be converted to 4 shields.
    4) Stuck has approved my land income at 9/12/14 in chat.
    5) They belong to the province of DePaolo.

15. Civanator

Civanator Deity

16. Octavian X

Troops updated.

Civ: You said you would give a chance for peace. We'll wait for Atrouia's response.

17. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Oct- When was that? I know, I took over 2 countries but it is moving the game along, unfortunately. And CG is part of it. I took Plainia and Neronia over because he agreed that Fanatica should be united. He is behind me too, so don't blame the whole thing on me.

Also, All the Nero Characters will be at High Nobility at Lord ranking. Julia Peesea will recieve Duchess(Duke) at High Nobility. Anyone related to the Nero's will recieve Marquis and Marquessa. They can accept if they promise not to attack Fanatica.

Another- 5 legions and 1 horse archer units abroad will be changed from going to Atrouia to Attacking Egypt. the remaining legion will be called home.

The Nero's swordsman unit will be supported by DePaololand Province until they can support it themselves.

18. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

note to the conflict manager:
    your excel still contains a slight mistake on which of my characters controlls which units:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1017512#post1017512

also as show in the above post, i role 6 more legions ;-)

now to the controlling:

i will change this now... following are the regiments and their commanders:

the palace guard
    commander: bellona
    units: 3 legions, 8 spearmen
    unit location: 2s1l gorina, 2l iron near gorina, 2s funkytowne, 2s nur gisnod, 2s penguin

1st helenatican regiment
    commander: helena, to be replaced by a new commander soon
    units: 12 legions, 3 spearmen

notice: the 1st helenatican regiment will be assigned to a new commander (as soon as someone applies for it) and be placed to defend fanatica in the war on the egyptians

ooc@conflictmgmt:
    so it doesnt matter where my units are? what if someone attacks one of my cities. will all of my units on my territory be used to defend the city?

also, i posted a request to find a leader for the 1st regiment. if i find noone, i will use secundus becchino (char. 16) as leader and primus becchino (char. 14) as his deputy (and the replacement if secundus dies). i will post in here before the next tc if i find a new leader or not.

19. Octavian X

Changes noted and confirmed. I assume this isn't a troop raising...

Also, dis, so long as the units are present in the territory, they are everywhere (scary thought. :p) in that territory. Theoretically, then, all unit would be used to fend off one attack. If you'd rather not risk some of those troops, I'd be glad to mark them as non-defenders.

20. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

well, it was in post #187 though...

ooc: i just wanted to make sure i understand it right. so i will skip troop assignments to cities now. what happens if my units go "out of territory", for example over fanatican mainland soil with allowance? will that be treated like inside my territory? or will we calculate per tile then? or per "territory tresspass"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.