Retired Tread - Conflict Manager's Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julius will move his legion from the tile he uses to the Nar Shaddaa city tile. The 1 food and 1 shield produced will supply his legion.

Originally posted by Cyc
As Diutius Lfespanius, I would like to raise some troops. My income from the land is 127g/44f/41s.

My income is logged in this thread.

This means I can raise 40 Legions;

Each Legion is 3 gold 40 X 3g = 120g
Upkeep for 40 Legions is 40g and 40s.

This leaves me a balance of 7g/4f/1s.

Please confirm.
Correct me if i'm wrong, Oct, but isn't 1 gold equal to 1/2 food or shields? Therefore, Diutitus' 127 gold converts to 63.5 shields or food. Also, do people have to pay upkeep on the turnchat they raised a unit? Also, where are these units stationed?

@ Bootstoots

1. We still need to hear Octavian's ruling on the troops you had previously before you know if I have granted you one.

2. You can not move your one troop onto the city of Nar Shadda. I own the city and its resources.

@ Octavian - because of the issue with Bootsoots about his original warrior troop, and the now current issue of the Despot giving three land tiles to Tasius, the Despots order for Legions will change. The order will now change to 36.

Evidence of my income can be found in the Land Office

Cyc, I've told this to Plexus, and probably should've made a more public announcement of it. Due to Fanatica's relative unorganization, low productivity, and population in this day and age, I'm not going to let anyone take in the full income possible from all tiles at the moment. For a preliminary figure, multiple all figures by 1/9. I will review the save more in depth, and have a more exact figure tomorrow. I also can't remember if we have connected iron or not, so even the legions may be iffy.

Also, considering Fanatica's lack of a system of writing, it would be impossible for one person to command so many troops. Taking into account your characters stats, Diutius will only be able to control 16 units.

More info coming in later days when I finally get everything on my end to a state resembling organization.

Unorganized is right...

I think that we should be able to get at least one troop if we own at least one territory. BTW, multiplying by 1/9 is far too low, IMO. Perhaps you should instead have an upper limit of 16 units per character, but keep the same resource rules. Plexus especially should be able to raise a force of units, as he currently owns a tiny defenceless nation. Also, though the legions owned by each noble have presumably been raised, does that mean that they only produce 1/9 shield and 1/9 food and are incapable of supporting them?

Also, you can't place restrictions on the amount of resources gained by a citizen owning/using land. This is set in the rules approved by the citizenry. Here is rule 7, which states resource rules:
7. Land provides a number of gold, shields and food that it would generate if worked in a city. If no city controlled by the tile owner can access the tile it never makes more than what is shown when right clicking on the tile in the game. Gold can be converted to food or shields with one gold making 1/2 of either. If currency hasn’t been discovered yet all gold produced must be taken as shields or food.
I think that you can and should place an upper limit on troops raised (16 is a good number for this) but not a limit on resources. This is not even the right office to be limiting resources.

@Dis - Corruption in the RPG would be too difficult to calculate for all the different tiles, especially now that the capital has been moved to Gorina.

@Shaitan - There is one rule to that effect and that is the Despot owns all land. He can also do what he wants with it (within reason). Lesser Lords, no. There is no ruling on them.

@boots - I believe you're right about the resource restrictions. But the Despot has to control and protect a large area (the entire nation). So the despot needs to be able to muster as many troops as they need to do this. True, it would be wise to allocate these troops out to the nobles, which I have tried to do, but it should go beyond that so more Nobles can be brought on and so that the Despot has a little leeway in contol of the nation.

The idea was that the despot owns all land but cannot manage it. Each individual can only manage so much, based on their rank and abilities. The despot either lets land go to waste or entrusts usage and protection of it to nobles.

@Shaitan: I totaly agrees. That is the way it should be. It much more fun and more realistic...

BTW: The upper limit on how many lands one can controll (and use) should be low. That mean that the nobels would get a a fair amount of land.

I see your point, Shaitan. But you have to agree that the number of citizens in the RPG is not that great and I do have about 53 tiles to protect. Nar Shadda is far away from the Capital. And now I have to keep an eye on Tasius ;). 16 units isn't very much.

also, we maybe can introduce something completely different:
no fixed limitation of resources or troops, but a good limitation of the land income you can get ;-)

how can that work:
we could use the tilecount for each character to define the limits.
example:
>10 tiles: cutdown of tile-income by 25%
>15 tiles: cutdown of tile-income by 50%
>20 tiles: cutdown of tile-income by 75%
>25 tiles: cutdown of tile-income by 100%(!!!)

so how will it work?
if the despot owns 90 tiles:
the first 10 will receive full output
the next 5 will receive 75% of full output
the next 5 will receive 50% of full output
the next 5 will receive 25% of full output
and the rest (65 tiles) will receive no output at all

it would be nicest to priorize the tiles from their "administrative distance" for getting output (so the tiles near the capitol, for example, would receive more output than the others), but randomized or stated by the despot would also do. maybe even "best tiles first" or "worst tiles first".

together with the user/owner rules for land this could drastically enforce "small territories" of maximum 25 tiles ;-)

an alternative could be to just apply to %-age to the full income >-)
so as soon as someone own more than 25 tiles, he gets no income at all from all of his tiles (but i think this is too drastic).

good idea dis. That would really split up the land between the citisens (at least the nobles) in a fair way...

In real ancient life, the despot himself used very little land. It was the nobles who used the land, farmed it and raised troops to protect themselves and the despot. This is why the despot was quite dependent on popularity among the nobles.. If not, they could turn against him...

I am running 3.5.1 right now, as despot of Nar Shaaddaland. I will consider the old rules to still be in place regarding resources, as a manager can't simply override the old rules, and that jurisdiction on land rests with the Land Manager. I will raise two more legions to complement my currently existing legion, and all three will move to the city of Nar Shaadda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom