• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Reusing Industrial Graphics for Scenario

chickensaver

Chieftain
Hi, I'm doing an industrial era scenario in C3C. (I'm calling it 'Steampunk' after I'm done)

Setting the initial era as Industrial for the civs was cakewalk in the editor.

The problem lies after the last tech is researched.

Normally the game takes you to the Modern Era. This is what I'm trying to avoid. Here's what I have tried so far:

1. Deleting the Modern Techs.
This didn't work because the graphics changed to Modern Era anyways. (Leaderheads, cities, etc.)

2. Changing the Modern Techs from MODERN to NONE.
This had the same effect as above. It changed the graphics to Modern.

3. Adding a couple of final techs, making them 1000 and the max research time to 1000.
Worked the best so far, but when when the second one finally gets researched, the game crashes because it doesn't like that I didn't put something in the pediaicons.txt
it shows something like: _Large

So what I'm wondering is:
Is there a really simple and easy way to reuse the industrial graphics once I cross to the modern??? (y'know leaderheads, cities, etc.)
I actually figured out how to keep leaderheads, but I can't keep cities and advisors.

I don't know if this is the kind of thing you are looking for, but you could take an Industrial Age tech such as Ironclads (just an example) and make it a pre-req to get to the Modern Age.

Then you put 1xxxxxxx science beakers required to get it.

Neither you or any A.I. will be able to get it so you pretty much take every Industrial Age without moving on to the Modern Age.

Like I said, I don't know if this is what you are going for, but it's a good way to get stucked in Industrial Age.

I don't know if this is the kind of thing you are looking for, but you could take an Industrial Age tech such as Ironclads (just an example) and make it a pre-req to get to the Modern Age.

Then you put 1xxxxxxx science beakers required to get it.

Neither you or any A.I. will be able to get it so you pretty much take every Industrial Age without moving on to the Modern Age.

Like I said, I don't know if this is what you are going for, but it's a good way to get stucked in Industrial Age.

Actually that's what I went for in #3, but it gave me a cost limit of 1000 and a time limit of 1000.
Pretty much yes, this is what I'm going for, since the graphics methods involve messing around with the programming.

Actually that's what I went for in #3, but it gave me a cost limit of 1000 and a time limit of 1000.
Pretty much yes, this is what I'm going for, since the graphics methods involve messing around with the programming.

Maybe if you don't create new techs but take some (almost) useless existent ones and put 1k cost limit the game won't crash.

Something like Ironclads, Amphibious War and Advanced Flight being a pre-req to Modern Era and having Motorized as a pre-req tech, all of 3 costing 1k.

I know you said the game crashed because the 1k time limit but I really think it was because you made a new tech instead of editing the old ones.

Still, this 1k limit will eventually become a issue since it's heavy but not impossible to get in epic games.

Honestly, I have no clue what if that doesn't work.

You should go to the Creation & Customization forum for these questions.

You can edit the city graphics with an image editing program like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or (the freeware) Gimp. The files are in pcx format and stored in the folder Civilization/Art/Cities.

I would have said "go to the Creation and Customization forum" ;)

EDIT: in fact you already have some modified files in your C3C folder. The "Napoleonic Conquest" folder (#8 IIRC) for example has a "Cities" sub-folder with cities progressing from Ancient times to Industrial Age and no Modern Age. Browse your files, you should make other valuable discoveries :)

Top Bottom