Revolution: with BarbarianCiv, Rebellion, AIAutoPlay

I've played a couple of games of this mod and have a suggestion of my own to any future development (which I hope there is because I think this mod is tops).

Firstly, I've got one city that a couple of times has celebrated "We love the president day" and literally a couple of turns later is threatening to revolt (the main reason appearing to be a "rebellious spirit?" whatever that means:hmm:). Anyway, surely there can be a check to see if a city has had a "We love the ..." day within a certain number of turns (10?) that they should be immune to rebelling ... just for realism/commonsense purposes.

Thanks again.

Rebellious spirit it means there have been multiple rebellions there, usually when that arrives its better to raze and start again (any city with rebellious spirit will have been worn down to a nothing city maybe 5 or so.)

I'm seeing a bug with the BarbarianCiv mod. Every once in a while, the civ that settles down from barbs has a -2 culture/turn penalty. Their cities never grow beyond 1 square and they can't do anything. Anyone else seen something like this? I think it's with BarbarianCiv though it could be with Revolution. I've seen it happen twice to 2 different civs.

Rebellious spirit it means there have been multiple rebellions there,

OK, that makes sense. Although I've never had a full rebellion there, just a handful of threats, maybe 5-6, that I've refused. although I guess that is the same thing.

usually when that arrives its better to raze and start again (any city with rebellious spirit will have been worn down to a nothing city maybe 5 or so.)

Ummm, its my capital (Rome) population 15 and doing just fine, I don't think I'm going to be razing and starting again somehow. Is there no way to appease a "Rebellious Spirit":confused:. Surely this must be possible. If not, then there's another suggestion for this mod.

Ummm, its my capital (Rome) population 15 and doing just fine, I don't think I'm going to be razing and starting again somehow. Is there no way to appease a "Rebellious Spirit":confused:. Surely this must be possible. If not, then there's another suggestion for this mod.

In Rome is unhappy and unhealthy then it will be more prone to rebellion, solve unhealthy/happiness problems (globe theater perhaps?) combined with trading with other civs for health resources should solve that, also if you opne up the revolution watch window (ctrl + shift +w) then you can see problems. Usually a major problem is religion, if your religion os say, buddhist and Rome has the symbols for hindu and then buddhist then its possible that religion will become a negative factor, (i've seen this happen before). Switching to the first religion can help. But a large garrison does a world of good, especially since playing as Rome no units can really challenge the prateroian till maceman.

Also civcs can make a big difference, e.g slavery will cause more unhappiness in large cities than smaller ones (generally.)

I'm seeing a bug with the BarbarianCiv mod. Every once in a while, the civ that settles down from barbs has a -2 culture/turn penalty. Their cities never grow beyond 1 square and they can't do anything. Anyone else seen something like this? I think it's with BarbarianCiv though it could be with Revolution. I've seen it happen twice to 2 different civs.

The barbarian civ mod is my favourite part of the mod, are you referring to barbarian cities being founded as barbarians and then settling into civs,

Or something i've seen "disorganised rebels" (barbarians) spawning from one civ, then taking a city and because of high culture and buildings settling down into full proper civs. I have these new "disorganised rebel" (barbarians) civs having small borders, since the original parent culture is so much stronger, I've never seen a minus reading for culture though.

In Rome is unhappy and unhealthy then it will be more prone to rebellion, solve unhealthy/happiness problems (globe theater perhaps?) combined with trading with other civs for health resources should solve that, also if you opne up the revolution watch window (ctrl + shift +w) then you can see problems. Usually a major problem is religion, if your religion os say, buddhist and Rome has the symbols for hindu and then buddhist then its possible that religion will become a negative factor, (i've seen this happen before). Switching to the first religion can help. But a large garrison does a world of good, especially since playing as Rome no units can really challenge the prateroian till maceman.

Also civcs can make a big difference, e.g slavery will cause more unhappiness in large cities than smaller ones (generally.)

Yea I get all that, and although I don't have the game in front of me to check at the moment I know for a fact that, :) out weighs :mad:, :yuck: is under control and :religion: is the state religion. This is true for a handful of cities that come up as being in danger of revolting. Further, they have just before threatening to revolt, only just celebrated "We love the king day".

Now my civics aren't helping at the moment (still under Hereditary Rule for eg.), so I guess that might be driving the "Rebellious Spirit" ... but I'm not sure.

I guess the point I'm making is that, if that is the problem, then there should be a way to reduce the 'rebellious spirit', over time. All being well and good in any particular city, :)) :yuck: etc.), then it should come down some how. Also, to state a separate but related issue, 'we love the ... days' should automatically reduce 'rebellious spirit' and/or make a city immune to rebellion for x number of turns.

But a large garrison does a world of good, especially since playing as Rome no units can really challenge the prateroian till maceman.

I'm glad you brought this up. I asked earlier about the effects of a garrison. Does the revolution mod make its own calculations on garrisons or is it only interested in the happiness of citizens which is affected by garrisons naturally? In other words, if I have a city where one garrisoned unit is enough to keep :) in check, does it help on the revolution part of the game to throw more troops in?

I've searched through he code for a clue but I can't find it and I am severely limited for time and knowledge of SDK and python.

Ta.

Hey is there any way i could implement rabbits edu(ethinacly diverse units) graphics mod with this mod?

Hey is there any way i could implement rabbits edu(ethinacly diverse units) graphics mod with this mod?
Yeah I've done it. Just put the files from EDU into the Revolution->Assets folder or even just your custom assets folder. I don't think anything conflicts with this mod.

If I have warlords. Is the max player at any time during the game 24 or 18. If its 18 wont any new civilizations emerge until one has been destroyed?

It depends on your map size, e'g you cant get 24 civs on a small, map, that would just be insane, look at the startup pop-up when you play a map, to see how many civs you can get.

On a 24civ world map i dont tihnk any civs could form till old ones died.

If I have warlords. Is the max player at any time during the game 24 or 18. If its 18 wont any new civilizations emerge until one has been destroyed?
In the standard version of warlords the number of players is 18. If you want to play with 24 civs, then you have to use to the 24 civ DLL that jdog provides with this mod.

"Yeah I've done it. Just put the files from EDU into the Revolution->Assets folder or even just your custom assets folder. I don't think anything conflicts with this mod."

I just tried and an error came up for each unit saying something about the unit info class being incorrect.

blunt3d said:
I just tried and an error came up for each unit saying something about the unit info class being incorrect.

Well I am using it right now along with a lot of other modifications. Check if the version of EDU you downloaded works without Revolution. Maybe you don't have the correct version of EDU. When I get a chance to look at my setup, I'll let you know if I notice anything that I had to change.

Where do I download this.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/38534/24_civ_CvGameCoreDLL_for_Revolution_0.81w.dll.zip

yeh edu works by itself. I put the edu assest's in my custom assests folder. Should i have put it in the revolution folder?

I've also had this bug come up, I'm not sure what triggers it, but it's only happened once in a couple of games that I've played.

The barbarian civ mod is my favourite part of the mod, are you referring to barbarian cities being founded as barbarians and then settling into civs,

Yes its in this circumstance. Basically the initial barbarian cities that become a civ are fine, but any cities founded (and I think captured too) by them instantly get a culture of -2. Further, trying to open World Builder causes the game to crash to desktop.

I fiddled with this bug a bit and even gifted a city with positive culture and culture adding buildings to the new civ in question and the bug executed the following turn with the city reverting to a -2 culture straight away. As I said, appears to affect every city the Barb founds or gets after initially being born.

There's the problem, any solution. :confused:

PS, once the bug sets in, you can't use World Builder to fix it either. The game will crash :(

EDIT: A little correction, the game will not always CTD when World Builder is opened once the negative culture city bug sets in, it will often though. One turn you can open it, another you can't.

Yeah I wonder were he's gone, his account says he hasnt been on since dec. I think.

Is anyone working on getting this multiplayer compatible? :confused:

I have installed the 24 civ version of this mod but when im about to choose which civ to play with im only allowed to have 18 civs. When the game stars it also says the max number is 18.

Top Bottom