RevolutionDCM for BTS

Any chance we could get this bug fixed for 2.8?

Cheers,
ripple01

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 149
No problem. Already fixed in CCV.

Have a look at CvDLLWidgetData.cpp! Search for this code.

PHP:
/************************************************************************************************/
/* REVOLUTION_MOD                         01/01/08                                jdog5000      */
/*                                                                                              */
/* Dynamic Civ Names                                                                            */
/************************************************************************************************/
    // Make civs full name show up in Score board
/* original BS
    szBuffer.assign(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_MISC_CONTACT_LEADER", GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)widgetDataStruct.m_iData1).getNameKey(), GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)widgetDataStruct.m_iData1).getCivilizationShortDescription()));
*/
    szBuffer.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_MISC_CONTACT_LEADER", GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)widgetDataStruct.m_iData1).getNameKey(), GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)widgetDataStruct.m_iData1).getCivilizationDescription()));
/* REVOLUTION_MOD                          END                                                  */

szBuffer.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_MISC_CONTACT_LEADER", kPlayer.getNameKey(), kPlayer.getCivilizationShortDescription()));

Remove

PHP:
    szBuffer.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_MISC_CONTACT_LEADER", kPlayer.getNameKey(), kPlayer.getCivilizationShortDescription()));

Just keep the code of the Revolution Mod. That's it.

Got a new problem here. I've updated CCV to RevDCM 2.8 (build 561) and got sometimes a new CTD around 800BC and 1000AD. Have you a noticed something like that during your tests too? It happend to me in 2 of about 20 games.

The Revolution Mod component is turned off.
And I fear your new RevCivicsUtils.py is damaged. Got trouble with Dynamic Names now. Maybe wrong tabbing in isCommunism, isFreeSpeech and so on. Just a guess..

And :goodjob:. The new code looks good and seems to be very stable.

Got a new problem here. I've updated CCV to RevDCM 2.8 (build 561) and got sometimes a new CTD around 800BC and 1000AD

Eh Thomas
I'm testing build 561 in single player before starting multiplayer. I'm not seeing the crash as yet but I have built my own DLL from the SVN sources. What are your game options?

Cheers and thanks

@Thomas

Build a debug dll, attach to process, and see if you can't get some more information on the crash. Knowing what function it's coming from and the type of crashed caused would provide alot more information. That said since the recent updates I haven't had a critical bug in about a dozen test games, though granted I haven't played anything through for very long.

The bug appeared in ~10% of all my test games. And after a reload I could go on. Maybe something like a random based division by zero. I'll try to compile a debug dll later. But my last try to do so failed. But I'll try again. Maybe I'll need some help.

About my options.

- all DCM stuff disabled
- no battle effects
- revolutions disabled
- barbworld enabled
- barbciv enabled
- techdiff enabled
- limited religions disabled
- default AI

the rest is set to default settings

And I've got the impression that DCN will only work right if Revolution is enabled. If disabled the code will not notice civic changes. Right?

Hello everyone! Love the mod compilation!

I'm wondering where the code is concerning barbarian city spawn. I'm looking to have fewer barbarian cities sprout up...I play an old world/new world type situation, and I feel there are too many barbarian cities in the new world....I know how to change the settings in the Revolution.ini so I can control (somewhat) how often a barb city becomes a civ, I would just like a few less of them.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

PS I'm talking about the version for Civ IV BTS Rev 2.722

The bug appeared in ~10% of all my test games.

Ok thanks for that Thomas. I'll check it out. Could explain the last thought on DCN? and civics changes? I'm struggling to think what you mean. Acronym's often fly over the top of my head.

Eh Jeff
Hopefully someone can answer your question soon. I'm in the middle of trying to test and help release 2.8 as soon as we can.

Cheers

Ok here is what I have tested so far:
Single player:
autoplay all options default - no issues detected
autoplay ThomasSG options - no issues detected

Multiplayer:
autoplay all options default revolutions off - good but dead civ change player oos's
autoplay all options default revolutions on - good but oos's sometimes mid to late game. If there are only two players and one dies, change player switches both players control to the same player producing oos (does it matter?)
autoplay off options default revolutions on - no issues detected but take control autoplay does not work

What has not been tested:
Single player:
Different game play combinations (interactions) - unknown
Detailed game play testing - left to others like Phungus

Multiplayer:
Revolutions options like accept and lead rebels - unknown
Afforess's multiplayer option controls - unknown

My gut feeling says single player is good to go but revolutions multiplayer has issues. To what extent is unclear. I would have to comb through all the changes to it since version 2.722. However multiplayer always comes back into sync when the host reloads and the game play can continue. At this early stage of testing, depending on what others think, we could release a 2.8 followed by 2.8XX releases, or I sit back and look through the multiplayer code in detail.

Cheers

At this early stage of testing, depending on what others think, we could release a 2.8 followed by 2.8XX releases, or I sit back and look through the multiplayer code in detail.

Cheers

Dealing with and fixing the issues with multiplayer now is definately the better option. If working on multiplayer is deffered, it's likely to be postponed indefinitely.

What we could really use now are testers to find any bugs. Right now the only bug we know of in Single Player is that BULL options are not updating correctly on game load, waiting on help from EmperorFool on this one. Other then that if you find any bugs, please post a bug report explaining the behavior and please include a save so that we can check it out.

Here is a RevDCM Prerelease version 1 download; to install just extract it (I had to zip it so this forum will accept the attachment), then run the installer:

See post below for RevDCM 2.8 prerelease2

Ok thanks for that Thomas. I'll check it out. Could explain the last thought on DCN? and civics changes? I'm struggling to think what you mean. Acronym's often fly over the top of my head.

Eh Jeff
Hopefully someone can answer your question soon. I'm in the middle of trying to test and help release 2.8 as soon as we can.

Cheers

OK cool...no problem....I can say that, WOW, those barbarian civs are juiced with the latest ancient units....makes it challenging! :)

Regards,

Jeff

What we could really use now are testers to find any bugs. Right now the only bug we know of in Single Player is that BULL options are not updating correctly on game load, waiting on help from EmperorFool on this one. Other then that if you find any bugs, please post a bug report explaining the behavior and please include a save so that we can check it out.

Fixed it for you, committed it a second ago. ;)

Thanks afforess. It still didn't work right, but that's because of weirdness with Ranged Bombard, and Naval Bombard. I'm removing Naval Bombard entirely from RevDCM, it's unnecessary, orverly complex, and confuses the AI.

Phungus you have my full support if you want to remove naval bombard. Just cut it out cleanly and accurately like a surgeon ok? :) Do not leave any traces of it but let it not cause ranged bombard to die please. Naval bombard is a DCM remanent that has no relevancy to the better bts AI. Be aware that when you cut things out, there might have been a use for them after all. Forty years ago surgeons were cutting out the appendix routinely from patients during surgery simply because they thought it was not needed even when there was no problem with the appendix. Now we find out that the appendix has a use after all. (And no it is not a remanent swim bladder as someone close to me has suggested) :)
Cheers

With the fix to BULL options, there are now no known bugs in single player. So here is RevDCM 2.8 Prerelease2. Please test it out and let us know any bugs you find, if you find a possible bug, please post a save game along with specific details about the issue you're having. People testing the current build is the main thing we need right now, so thanks for the help from everyone who picks this up and tries to break it (telling us everything works is good to :), just let us know the settings you are using).

@glider and Fuyu

Let anyone know if there is any specific testing you guys would like done. Also Fuyu feel free to take a look at RevDCM's install script, I think you might have improved it for Better Bug AI.

@Testers

To play the prerelease simply download and extract the file (I had to zip it up because these forums required compressed files for upload), then just run the installer, everything else should be taken care of for you automatically.

Has anyone heard from Lemmy101?
Cheers
I PMed him along with you about getting MP working, but got no reply.

@Everybody:

Some pretty significant, but under the hood, coding changes made in the SVN. Just cleaning up code. But definitely warrants a prerelease update, because it definitely needs to be tested to make sure I didn't break anything. :mischief:

Top Bottom