1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RevolutionDCM for BTS

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by glider1, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Ferocca

Ferocca Warlord

For a mod like this I can be patient, even if it's much later after your miserable studies;) (Maybe one day I will manage to fix this myself although I doubt it).

Oh, I have a question: in the civicinfos.xml, state property has the bcommunism boolean on 1, obviously. I just really wonder: what does it do? And if you don't want/can't tell me what it exactly does, could you tell me if it's good or bad for revolutions?

2. Tacoaloto

Tacoaloto Chieftain

Hello civilization players! I'm somewhat new to the forum page but I have a question..
    I have this mod installed that's called the Destiny megamod and I really enjoy the revolutionDCM that's included in it.. but I noticed that it's outdated.. would I be able to update the revolutionDCM inside of the mod? and if so, could someone help?

edit: okay, so i tried to do it by myself.. and it turns out.. It completely messed up my mod (i literally just moved everything from the revolutiondcm folder into the Destiny mod folder.. that completely messed up both mods

3. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Deity

You cannot just copy paste files like that. You need to merge in every change that was done from the version of RevDCM used in Destiny to the current version. Not mentioning recompiling the dll file.
    That's a lot of work. Doable, but painful ;)

4. Tacoaloto

Tacoaloto Chieftain

Yeah my extreme laziness kicked in.. then I tried out caveman 2 cosmos again for the second time.. i like it, but it's just a lot more sophisticated that a regular civ game.. then again.. i should stop turning on every single custom option available

5. jtanner28

jtanner28 Chieftain

Is RevDCM still under active development? If so, what are the plans for the future of the mod?

The reason I ask is because I have recently gotten fascinated with adding modcomps to RevDCM. I have only added a couple so far: Super Forts, Power Up, Lemon's Spy Mod, and the Espionage process. My next target is Advanced Diplomacy 2 and then MAD Nukes and True Prophets after that. I also plan on adding a bunch of the experience mods: pillage, air combat, bombard, etc. I'm going back and setting up game option controls to turn on/off Super Forts and Power Up now. Also trying to figure out how to tone down Power Up a bit.

Anyway, are any of these in the future target list for incorporation into RevDCM? That would save me some time.

6. Donut11975

Donut11975 Chieftain

Anyway to fix the Stack Attack?

7. Chronis

Chronis Chieftain

So just shy of a year later I have finally gotten around to figuring out how to mod the dll and make this change. In my mod for LOR in the sig below I have put the source files in that change culture so that it no longer dissapears once a civ is wiped out.

This has the advantage of fixing the above problems and makes revolutions more challenging and logical. I think it adds to the revolutions experience and will put it forward as something you should consider incorporating into into base REVDCM

8. Donut11975

Donut11975 Chieftain

Anyway to merge the Blue Marble Mod with this?

9. mamba

mamba Deity

Blue Marble should not interfere with it, there should not be a need to merge (Blue Marble is not installed like a 'regular' mod)

10. Donut11975

Donut11975 Chieftain

Thanks ill try it out and see if it works!

11. Donut11975

Donut11975 Chieftain

Didnt work :(

12. mamba

mamba Deity

ah, in RevolutionDCM.ini, set NoCustomArt = 0

13. Donut11975

Donut11975 Chieftain

Still nothing.The only thing thats different is the ui :(

14. mamba

mamba Deity

hm, if all else fails, simply copy your CustomAssets directory to RevDCM\Assets -assuming you only have Blue Marble in it (if you have more in it, rename it, create an empty new CustomAssets directory and install Blue Marble anew)

CustomAssets should be under C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets (Win 7) or something similar

15. Donut11975

Donut11975 Chieftain

I just figured out what was the problem custom assets were turned off its working now :)
    Thanks for your help!

16. jiallombardo

jiallombardo Chieftain

Greetings!

I asked a question on the Caveman2Cosmos forum yesterday; and was told that one of the issues is the Revolution Mod issue. Here it is:
    Perhaps, someone had similar issues? It's pretty hard to tell google what my problem actually is...

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

@jiallombardo

Sorry, I was probably not clear enough when I posted my reply to your question on Caveman2Cosmos yesterday. C2C has evolved a lot since the latest RevolutionDCM mod so just because I said it was a Revolution problem does not mean that it is a problem with the latest RevolutionDCM but is likely to be a problem in our implementation. Having said that a number of revolution problems we have been experiencing recently are because of assumptions about the values of variables passed to the Revolution modules. Some of these just turn out to be missing validations in Rev but others are because C2C is passing the wrong values.

In the case you cite I suspect it is a C2C problem because this would be a fundamental part of what Rev does.

18. jiallombardo

jiallombardo Chieftain

Ooh, I see; sorry for nosiness then.
    It'll be a work item for your next release then :)

19. Ferocca

Ferocca Warlord

Could anyone please help me?

I love the RevDCM mod, but I think it'd make Civ4 the best game ever if merged with the Unique Civics mod. It's especially great for RevDCM because of the Revolution-effects that civics give; now some civs have stable versions of hereditary rule for example :)

I do not fear to reward if you don't want to help for nothing:)

Unique Civics:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=414722

- Oh, a reward I'd give no matter if you merge for free: I can make the new unique civics for every civilization, high quality buttons and historical context included, as if it had been made by Firaxis - and I'd upload that of course.

20. Ferocca

Ferocca Warlord

I am very close to succeeding myself at merging these two mods. All I need is someone who played/plays this mod and is good at python. The only errors left are, very probably, python errors. See here for detailed info on last few errors before I can upload it:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=493034
    I hope someone can help:)