1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RevolutionDCM for BTS

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by glider1, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Bloodstone

Bloodstone Warlord

There aren't enough accolades to repay you, and the others who have volunteered their time in the betterment of this game, and community.

If new posters take the time to ask questions and try to understand what the Mod is about, and how to fix any extraneous problems, I have found that all of you have been a great help. I think the issue comes from people that want to make demands, and get their feathers wrinkled when they don't get an answer immediately.

One of the beauties of this forum is that there is a literal ton of information on the game, and hundreds, if not thousands, and people that will answer a question or point people in the right direction. I would love to see some old mods updated or improved, and I have come to realize that if I want those changes I'm going to do like those thousands of volunteers and learn how to mod it myself.

I have participated in "Volunteer" organizations on a few occasions, and it never fails that there are always a core group of workers that get things done, and a huge number of people that just want the end product and will not dedicate any of their time or energy to making it better. Enjoy the fact that you have built a game unto itself, and in turn made CivIV, that much better. I thank you, as many others have and will. Thanks for taking the time to answer questions and provide insights, even if you never submit another mod here. :goodjob:

2. johny smith

johny smith Deity

So I am wondering if anyone is planning the ultimate kitchen sink dll?

Since Civ 4 is aging, it made me think it would nice to say here is the one ultimate work from the community. It does not seem that this will be case, but as others come to mod the game.... It would nice to have a library ready in one spot instead of searching the threads, and trying to understand how to integrate this or that. (Wait I sound like a WoC rep:))

The point I am making this mod is great work, and civ modding has a vast library to sift through here at CFC. I believe this mod has done more by allowing others to step off of it, and make their own customizations. It would be great if that continued in a one source that all feel is needed.

But as the world turns so does Civ 5 disappear. I am sorry there is no hope for that piece of ssshamburgersssssssht! I give a toast to the modders, but I hate to say it.....I think this is the last real moddable Civilization game.

3. Tholal

Tholal Emperor

In RevolutionWatchAdvisor.py, there are several lines that refer to CustomRevAdv.txt

Code:
    		name = BugPath.findIniFile("CustomRevAdv.txt", "CustomRevAdv")
    but I can't find this file anywhere.

4. tompson

tompson Chieftain

Possible do so, that after conquest of the last city, population of the conquered country did not change automatically nationality on new state, but became national minority?

5. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

Does anyone still follow this thread? If so, I found a bug with joining the rebels in which I cannot take any of my former empire's cities, even if they have no garrison, and I cannot end my turn at all.

6. Tholal

Tholal Emperor

I merged the Revolutions part into my mod and have the same issue. I suspect that the game doesnt like it when the active player has no cities.

7. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

I actually DID have one city that flipped to me. It was still in revolt, though, and the game counted my score as zero.

8. Zeiter

Zeiter Prince

Oh man, this mod never gets old. I'm playing my first RevDCM game on immortal difficulty...yikes! I never cease to be astonished at the interesting situations that this mod produces...the gripping decisions...the sense of realistic historical drama. Sorry, just had to gush a bit.

9. Duneflower

Duneflower Warlord

Hrm...seem to be having an interesting problem in NwT, now that I've finally gotten it functional: When I hold Alt over an enemy stack, what I get rather than odds is a bunch of AI-related stuff.

Also, ChangePlayer coughs up this error when I try and change the identity of an empire:
    Spoiler :
    Code:
      File "CvEventInterface", line 34, in applyEvent

File "CvEventManager", line 207, in applyEvent

File "ChangePlayer", line 144, in changeCivHandler

NameError: global name 'iTeam' is not defined

Anyone know what would cause either of these?

10. nickoman23

nickoman23 Chieftain

I hate barbarian civ. Every time I come in contact with a new minor, the first thing they do is declare war on me the moment we get to diplomacy. Not a problem mid or late game, but in the 150 turns on epic, thets freakin ridiculous. I was just DEFEATED while playing as rome on Noble. I was the first to come in cantact with Shaka and Genghis when they were minors. Both declared war on me, we werent even in the mediaval age yet. They have massive starting stacks that nobody could defeat. I did not even remotely stand a chance. And I wasn't all that weak. I swear I almost exploded. I wanted to kill my computer and make shaka use the remains as a suppository. I have never lost. I have been playing for 3 years. I might actually stop playing becuase of this.

11. eggs2121

eggs2121 Chieftain

Noticed that the button to turn on Events with Images is present in the game. However, Events with Images appears to not be present in the eventtriggers.xlm as the line for the .dds art file is not present. I've merged this into a previous mod but, because RevolutionDCM mod is much more complex, didn't know if replacing the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file would cause a problem. I'm not a programmer and a pretty novice modder, focusing primarily on the art of the game. I'd like to be able to add event art to the game if possible to the Revolutions DCM mod.

12. mamba

mamba Deity

Generally speaking, if a mod has a DLL you cannot simply replace it, you will have to merge the code of the two (unless one mod is a superset of the other).

13. Duneflower

Duneflower Warlord

1) In case you weren't aware, minors can't conduct diplomacy, thus they're automatically at war with everyone.

2) You can edit some settings to give them fewer units and such, and/or increase the likelihood of a new minor being a builder-type rather than a militarist.

Edit: The lack of activity in here saddens me, especially since I despise [civ5] and still have :bts: mod projects going...I'd be tempted to see about taking some aspect of RevDCM over myself, but between wanting to finish my own projects (which involve it) and my general lack of skill in C++... :/ Anyone?

14. ZachScape

ZachScape King

Love this game. Started playing it a few days ago. I would just like to say great work! :goodjob:

How exactly is this done?

15. Ferocca

Ferocca Warlord

I still think this is the greatest mod of them all.
    Does anybody know how to debug it though? I've noticed one and I'd like helping to fix it, but I have no idea how to get bug logs/how to read them, and I really have no idea how a debug.dll would work - how does that work with this mod?

16. CivRulez07

CivRulez07 Warlord

I just found this mod the other day, tried it out, and I really like it! However, there's a couple issues I'm having (if this isn't the proper thread to report RevDCM issues, let me know and I'll post there).

• Where the event log is (at the top of the screen, below the research bar), it always displays the message "BugOptions - Cannot locate settings folder". Because of this, I have to open up the event log and keep it off to the side so that I can see the event log messages.
    • The sounds associated with event log messages come one turn late. For example, if two AI go to war on turn 100, I won't hear the sound associated with going to war until I proceed to turn 101.
    • The Dynamic Civ Names doesn't work for me. When I enable it in the RevDCM tab of the BUG Options screen, it doesn't change anything. They are all just listed as empires ("German Empire," "Incan Empire," etc.).

I'm not running the program as an administrator - could that be a problem? I tried running BtS as an administrator, but when I do that, none of my old save games show up.

17. CivRulez07

CivRulez07 Warlord

Update: I figured out how to run old saves as an admin (had to move them to a different folder) - this fixed the first two issues. However, the Dynamic Civ Names doesn't seem to be working still. Any tips on how to fix it?

EDIT: nevermind - I just had to restart the mod after running it as an admin the first time.

18. Ferocca

Ferocca Warlord

I've managed to find the bug in RevDCM that is causing CTDs for me (and when reloading the (auto)save the crash happens again on the same moment). The windows debug software tells me this:

This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
    The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
    (908.13f8): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
    eax=00000000 ebx=0416d720 ecx=8800003f edx=000000e0 esi=0416d6f8 edi=0416d750
    eip=77980c22 esp=0018ec00 ebp=0018ec10 iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na pe nc
    cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00000246
    *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ntdll.dll -
    ntdll!ZwGetContextThread+0x12:
    77980c22 83c404 add esp,4

This is what I got from analyzing a dump file. In a visual studio programme I am told the same error (bit with less information).
    Although I have managed to find out how to find a bug like this, I have no idea at all what is said here, let alone how to fix it.
    I hope someone can help here, fixing this bug would be helpful for all users of this wonderful mod I suppose ;) Unless I am the only one with this bug but I don't think so.
    Anyone got a clue? Of course I don't mind helping more by gathering more information and such.

19. glider1

glider1 Deity

I wish I had time to help you. I wish I also had time to help Thalassicus with CivUP. However I am now studying environmental law and am thus destined to have a frustrating and miserable life. Perhaps when I'm done with it I can update this mod. I'm glad you are enjoying it because in my heart I think that RevDCM is still so diverse and interesting yet unbloated.
    Cheers

20. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

RevDCM rocks :D