Rex's Map Pack

Rex rgis of Ter

Me I'm a Creator
7th Most Downloaded in Fantasy Map Category!​

Alfheim: Elves at War​

Mulcarn's Reign has ended, and the elves have risen again. Faeryl Viconia and Arendel Phaedra have untied the Ljosalfar and Svartalfar, but war is unavoidable. The two must destryo the other to unite all of elfdom.

The map is duel sized, and Always War, along with Requires Complete Kills. Acheron is preplaced, to prevent him from burning everything down. Both civilizations have good starts, and lots of resources are on the map. However, some resources, like Reagents, are numerous but areall within 4 tiles of eachother, making the control of this small area necessary.

Civilizations:
Ljosalfar
Svartalfar

Mulcran's Waste
Mulcarn is dead. The thaw has spread. But not everywhere is so fortunate. In the northern wastes of the world, beyond Mulcran's Spine is a vast tundra. Those south fear the ferocity of it's inhabitants, and those north fear the heat and wisdom of the southerners.

Set in a small map, the Illians and Doviello must foght to control the tundra, whil the Svartalfar, Luchurip, and Amurites fight to control the south, and defend from the barbaric north.

Civilizations:
Amurites
Doviello
Illians
Luchurip
Svartalfar

Desert of the Three

The Desert has three major Oasis. One is the Shining Oasis, home of the righteous Malakim. To the South is the Red Oasis, where the bloodthirsty Calabim Vampires dwell. Another, the Fallen Oasis lies in between, where the Dragon and it's orchish servants live.And to the north lies a vast mountain range where the Grey dwell. Will you dare to best the dangers of the Three?

Screenshots
Spoiler :

Civilizations:
Malakim
Calabim
Sidar

Archipelago of the Monks

A great archipelago lies in the center of the world. Many holy sites are here, including the Maelstrom, Pool of Tears, Mirror of Heaven, Odio's Prison and more. The Elohim seek to protect and preserve these sites, and defend them from the Armaggedon. The Sheaim plot to take them and corrupt them, hastening the End. Who will have victory in these treacherous waters?

The Goal the player should try to obtain is to take all of the Unique Features.

Screenshots
Spoiler :

Civilizations:
Elohim
Sheaim

Sirona's Vale
Sirona protected three tribes in a sheltered valley during the Age of Ice from extinction. Now, at it's end, the three nations, all loved by Sirona must expand to stop the orcs from taking away the Vale.

Set in a small map, Three goods civilizations, the Elohim, Kuriorates, and Ljosalfar start with amazing capitals. However, no one can build settlers, so must capture the powerful orcish cities throughout the Vale.

Civilizations:
Ljosalfar
Elohim
Kuriorates

Cultured Explorers

The Kuriorates and Balseraphs were left as heirs of Patria. Perpentach met with the Boy King and forged an agreement. No war would ever come between their people. The two must abide by this, now seeking to use their culture to take each other's city. However, the Islands surrounding are home to many artifacts useful in combatting the Orcish hordes that will attack. The Artifacts are guarded by Sucellus' Cult, Tali's Elves, Enchantments, Dwarves, and many more. In order to survive they must become cultured Explorers.

Civilizations:
Kuriorates
Balseraphs

The Magick Isles
While Os-Gabella and Valledia the Even build up their empires in far away lands, Dain and Tebryn Arbandi were sent to lay claim to the most magical land in Erebus. Conatining many mana nodes, several islands, including the Isle of the Beast, Isle of Balance, the Red Isle, and more, the two mages must use their magic to overcome and lay claim to the Magical treasures of the isles.

Civilizations:
Amurites
Sheaim

Sea of Copper
The Sea of Copper did not use to exist. In the Age of Magic it was a great basin where the Kraz- Ke- Zhun mined and built their cities. When the age of Ice came, the basin was filled by glaciers, which melted upon Mulcarn's death creating a sea. The sea is known for it's bountiful Metal Ore, which has attracted many Tribes. The Khazak and Hippus start on continents on either side of the map, with the Lanun starting on a southern island.

Civilizations:
Hippus
Lanun
Khazak

The maps are looking good :). I'd still like some other scenario's, with some of the civs currently not in the map pack (lanun, hippus, kurio's, khazad).
You could combine the lanun, hippus and khazad into a "rush for gold" type scenario, since those 3 seem to be the most gold-orientated. Each start in a different corner with their home terrain (snake-like continent for the lanun, plains for the hippus, hills for the khazad), with a large mountainrange in the center holding all the higher metals and gold/gems.

Else why do your sheep not graze on the hills of Nimarail? Surely the grass grows as lush there as ever?"

"Our sheep are happier on the hills of the Conneb-Hippi

The civilopedia seems to imply that the Hippus too are from a hilly land.

Im sorry if this sounds abit stupid but I cant figure out where to put the files, can anyone right up a step by step?

Oh man, those look awesome. More please!

My favourite conflicts are really powerful military powers in a direct standoff, like over a small, super important region. That's totally in here in the form of the Reagents in Alfheim and the features in Archipelago of the Monks, but always using civs of a less brute-force style than I'm used to.

Grigori versus Hippus would be amazing... maybe I should make such a map, but I don't know nearly enough about the lore... maybe in June when I've played some more!

I think I'm going to go try out the Calabin v Malakim map. Man. (C/M)ala(b/k)i(n/m). Never noticed that before. You can tell I'm new to this game.

And they're actually the Calabim, so it's (C/M)ala(b/k)im. "Im" is a Hebrew plural ending, you see. Even more similar than you thought! :p

Good News! I'll have another batch of maps ready for the weekend release! They are-

The Halls of Gold- The Khazak, Lanun, and Hippus surrounding a massive mountain range of gold, gems, mithril, etc.
Arc of the World- A duel map featuring a mountian range with the Khazak and Luchurip on either side.
Sirona's Vale- This small valley is home to peacful civilizations, including the Elohim, Sidar, and the Luchurip

Look for the update!

Once these ,maps are done the following civs will have not been used in any map (excluding Mercurians and Infernals):

Bannor
Balseraphs
Clan of Embers
Grigori
Kuriorates (Will add to Sirona's Vale, replacing Luchurip)

So I need a map otr two that wil incorporate unused civs.
Some suggestions (Please Comment):
Labruscum (The Bannor and CoE slug it out in the jungle)
The Adventures of Carrow (Grigori centered map with the Balseraphs, Kuriorates, and Lanun surrounding them)

Any other ideas?

heaven vs hell: bannor + elohim vs sheiam + clan/calabim, double armageddon changes. A team battle with a few easily fortifiable mountain passes (fort on forested hill surrounded by water?)

A Kurio vs balseraph culture war (maybe even with always peace on)?

I might do the first one, but I don't think always peace works well with FfH/ Good idea though.

I completly finished Sirona's Vale and it is very different then it started.

There are 3 civs, the Ljo, Kurio, and Elohim.Each civ starts with a very powerful start, but there is a catch, 'No Settlers' is enabled. Luckily, several barbarian cities lie throughout the valley, all with monopolies over different resources. The three sides are made for good diplomacy, with peace raining over the vale.

I started on one but I'm a newb at map design so I didn't get that far and wasn't that happy with what I had (I'm a DM, concept is what I'm good at).

Idea was a Highland map, split in two by a massive mountain range which has only one pass, and the pass is surrounded on both sides by seas, with a mineral rich island in the centre (has one source each of gems, copper, iron, mithral and marble). On that island is Acheron's city, and it touches both halves of the sea. Hippus are placed to the west of the range, by the sea, and Grigori to the east, idea being that one of the two (probably Grigori due to Dragon Slayers) will take that city on the island, and that will become the key strategic point of the game. Acheron's presence means that Hippus and Grigori will both separately grow strong before having contact with one another.

In order to give them each someone to fight with, I placed Doviello to the west of Hippus, and Bannor to the east of Grigori. Starting all four civilizations off with some cities, but making it so that Hippus and Grigori have substantial (but not crushing) advantages over Doviello and Bannor (figured those'd be the perfect targets for Hippus and Grigori, respectively: raiding skirmishes run against the savages in the former, and a punishing of the self-righteous sheep in the latter). Possibly using Always War setting, haven't decided.

In theory, that should lead to a situation in which Hippus and Grigori become separately mighty, and then clash in the dragon's city.

As I said, though, I wasn't happy with the actual map that I ended up with... so... if you (or anyone else) would like to do the grunt work of actually implementing this concept... I'd love you forever. Or at least until something shiny distracts me.

Alternatively, does anyone have some tips for using the map editor? Is there a guide somewhere?

Top Bottom