RFC: BtS Bug Reports

Please give up the patronizing crap Dabur.

And you really might want to spell the link in your signature correctly: it is S-U-S-H-I, not Suchi.

if you have some remarks you can always PM

and no its no ' patronizing ' at all , whats wrong with asking for a save ?
in the same game there might be a bunch of other errors , and they can be fixed maybe , ....

so please give up the negative comment crap

PS , as for suchi , its a joke between some people , .... so no need to spell check at all

[Not really a bug, but historically might be suspect.] The Maya almost always collapses before 1000AD. So they become independent unless the barbs capture their cities. I (Carthage) found independent conquistidors (2crossbowmen/2pikemen/1catapult) in 1260 in Aztec land, and I'm sure I'm the only one with optics in the world (nobody else even has compass). So unless the Maya suddenly devolved/evolved into Old World people, this should not be possible.

I'm getting a weird bug that I couldn't find anywhere: I can play the 600 AD scenario as much as I want, but the game will never crash. However, I've tried playing the 3000 BC a few times (as Carthage), and my game always crashes. I get no error in game, it just exits and I get a windows message saying that Civilization IV has stopped working. It crashes at different times, but only if I completely restart the scenario rather than load an autosave from a game that already crashed

Please give up the patronizing crap Dabur.

And you really might want to spell the link in your signature correctly: it is S-U-S-H-I, not Suchi.

and could you plz stop your spamming about his writing style, if you don´t like it, put him on your ignore list and everything is fine :crazyeye:

sry for this outburst

Just to get back on topic and share something weird that I've seen in RFC. Playing as the
English, 600AD start. Not a great game but in the lead, but I notice something odd that I've
seen a couple of times before. It's after 1900 and I've settled Kingston, Jamaica long ago.
But all that time, since about 1700, a bunch of French units have been squatting next door
on Santo Domingo doing nothing. Amazingly, they include some riflemen, a war elephant,
a horse archer and 3 settlers! Why didn't they found a city? What are they doing?
Are they on holiday or something? Or is this Napoleon's fabled "Lost Legion"? Is this a bug?:confused::lol:

The AI is discouraged from founding cities after a certain limit (?6-7). I've seen that island phenomenon with Spain and France many times.

The AI is discouraged from founding cities after a certain limit (?6-7). I've seen that island phenomenon with Spain and France many times.

You may be right. Yet the AI sometimes builds more than 12. I wonder why?:confused:

This apparently is from v 1.07:
- AI is afraid of founding more cities if it has already 15, 20 or more (will reduce loading times in industrial and modern eras)

This having been said, in my last Chinese domination game, the next to largest empire was Netherlands (a total of 20 cities: 2 or 3 in Europe, 7 in Africa, 6 in Australia , 1 in South America and 3 in southern India)!!

I think the surrounding culture (Spain and yours) is also preventing France from founding their city.

This apparently is from v 1.07:
- AI is afraid of founding more cities if it has already 15, 20 or more (will reduce loading times in industrial and modern eras)

This having been said, in my last Chinese domination game, the next to largest empire was Netherlands (a total of 14 cities: 3 in Europe, 4 in Africa, 4 in Australia and 3 in southern India)!!

I think the surrounding culture (Spain and yours) is also preventing France from founding their city.

Again, possibly. But they were sitting there when I arrived and founded
Kingston.(I already had Chichen Itza and Bluefields). Doesn't figure to me.:confused:

I've seen it too. I won the Spanish UHV when thankfully the French didn't actually want to build a city on that island in the Caribbean.

Here's a game I'm playing as Turkey from a 3000 BC start. (I switched from Ethiopia, if it matters.)

The included save crashes the moment it loads, every time. If I back up to the autosave before it and play to that point again, it crashes again. That sucks -- I really want to finish this game.

Attachments

• crashy.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
English UHV bug: I built 3 cities on every continent but it didn't count for the second UHV goal. I think it has something to do with the fact that I liberated a city:confused:.
*I have installed the autoplay expansion.*

Attachments

• Victoria AD-1721 Turn 298.CivBeyondSwordSave
    761 KB · Views: 70
English UHV bug: I built 3 cities on every continent but it didn't count for the second UHV goal. I think it has something to do with the fact that I liberated a city:confused:.
*I have installed the autoplay expansion.*

Did you found New Orleans, or capture it from the French?

You need to use settlers to found every city required for the UHV condition. You cannot use conquest or congresses to acquire cities - they won't count.

I have indeed founded them all. And I'm sure that the problem is South America, because when I added a settler with the worldbuilder and founded a city, my golden age started.

I watched the replay and it only shows you founding two cities in South America. Coyuca (Cardiff?) was apparently captured by the Incans from the Native people in 1670 or 1675.

Whenever you get a city by conference, if that city already had the plague, invariably you will have it again in "your" city. Not fair.

:confused:In 1670 I founded the city, in 1675 the Incas got the liberate city event. I'll try to provide 3 pictures when the attachments link works.
Am I missing something??:confused:

Attachments

• 1670 AD.JPG
    1670 AD.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 1675 AD.JPG
    1675 AD.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 69
I believed you when you said that you founded the city, but I'm trying to tell you that the replay didn't show you ever founded the city.

Why? I do not know.

Top Bottom