RFC: BtS Bug Reports

Probably a bug or something, if you are sure you have the latest version it might be best to delete the mod and re install it (shouldn't take too long).

Ok, I will try to reinstall it. I hope this works. XD

-------------

edit: I've reinstalled it already, and the UHV now is different, coz in my previous game both the UHV (Most Populated and Cultured city) has the same end date (turn 86th). Now they are different.

Thank you very much for helping me. And sorry for being such a noob. XD

There seems to be a problem with how the Mongolian UP is working. In UniquePowers.py:

utils.cultureManager(self.getTempFlippingCity(), 50, iMongolia, iOwnerNear, False, False, False)

The intention of this seems to be to set 50% of a converted city's previous owner's culture to Mongolian culture. If this is the case, then the "iMongolia" and "iOwnerNear" parameters are in the wrong order.

The larger problem is, as the code is currently written, there seems to be a C++ exception thrown right after this line sometimes (due to a city's culture being 0? I don't know). This will cause the rest of the UP code not to be excuted, which might bypass other cities that should be flipping as well.

Swapping the parameters in that line at least avoids the exception, but it seems to set everybody's culture to 0 for some reason. Just leaving out that line seems to give the best results so far.

Played in the 600 ad scenario and instead of 600 ad. It was 900 ad when I start. I pushed it back to 600 ad, but it played like the collaspe of rome part. I also just download a BTS patch for the main game. Is there a solution.

After updating your BTS you should also then download the latest RFC patch from this site. To get a clean install of the latest RFC patch, be sure to delete the "Rhye's and Fall of Civilization folder" from the BTS/Mods folder before you unpack the RFC patch.

Played Ottomans today, going for UHV. but, when 1700/1703 came I did not get the second achievement.
Had:
Istanbul, Yas (Odessa), Azak(on Don) on the Black Sea
Istanbul, Atina, Dirac (in Albania, 1S of the Copper) on the Balkans
Iskenderun, Babil, Kudus in Mesopotamia

where did I go wrong here?

well, all of the cities mentioned are in the given areas. (black sea cities on the black sea coast, i even razed spoleto to refound in the balkans (and needed to move once more as french culture expanded)
and according to the map, the eastern mediterranean coast is completely in "mesopotamia", so Iskenderun and Kudus(Jerusalem) should be, too.
or is Istanbul not counting towards the balkans/black sea somehow? (which would mean just 2 cities for one of the regions)

Nevermind posting a save/screenshot. I found the answer to your problem in the changelog:

v1.982/1.482/1.182
CHANGES

* Wonders required for UHV forbidden to the AI when the human player isn’t yet alive (will make France, Maya and America easier and less dependent on luck)°°
* Same for Christianity founding, now postponed when Ethiopia is played by a human player
* Portuguese and Mongol goals slightly more difficult°°
* Turkish Black Sea goal now has a defined region (all the plots adjacent to the sea) and requires 4 instead of 3 cities°

Since v1.182, the Black Sea requirement was increased from 3 cities to 4 cities. It looks like the Atlas didn't get updated to reflect this though, which is not good.

the Black Sea Region was updated, but not the city number it seems..
well, i'll just WB in a temporary city then.. or move Baku 1E..

about the changelog: I recently started a game as America where the Statue of Liberty already was built by China, meaning the UHV was forfeit from start. (v1.986)

Thanks for the quick answer.

I have a bug with the dates going wrong. As you can see, the date is officially 1450, while the Mongols spawn in 1200. This date inconsistency is true throughout the entire game. (dates progress as they normally should though, in the 1300s with intervals of 10 years, in the 1400s with intervals of 5 years, for example)

Does anyone know how I can get my dates back to normal (significantly easier for the UHV and for aesthetics), especially without having to abandon this game in question, and does anyone know how I can make sure this doesn't happen in the future?

I believe that deleting the entire mod folder and extracting 1.186 should work. Some time ago, Rhye has stretched the ancient era, and the extraction of the zip file without deleting the previous version might mess things up. Probably you can continue your game after that, but I'm not entirely sure.

This is correct, a number of others have reported a similar date inconsistency issue and each time the fix has been to reinstall RFC (after deleting the folder in Mods/ first).

But if you want to continue your saved game, I would suggest that you might just have to live with the screwed up dates for now and wait to reinstall RFC once you have completed your game. The chances of your save working properly after you reinstall are not great.

I was playing Rome when suddenly my game crashed during my Golden Age after completing the second UHV... It happened a couple of times already... What might be wrong??? Please help...

Top Bottom