1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC: BtS Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Hitti-Litti, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Cosmos1985

Cosmos1985 Chieftain

I just played a game where the Dutch was eliminated, Amsterdam was taken over by France, NL then respawned, and was forced to give Amsterdam back to the French via an AP resolution, thus eliminating the Dutch again. Guess we can all agree that a civ should always defy a resolution that forces them to give away their only remaining city - I guess it should always go for capitals as well, whether thats the only remaining city or not.

2. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

I just came here to report the same issue. I'm playing the Portuguese scenario. I immediately gifted Izzy and opened borders. I few turns later I was able to switch to Christianity. At first I was receiving the same faith bonus with Spain, but then it disappeared. I do have the bonus with all other Christian civs. Not sure if it's just Spain that's the problem or a specific Portuguese/Spain issue with this scenario. Regardless, it does pose a serious problem for this particular game since cozy-ing up to spain is...well...vital.

Also, a more general issue is trade bonus. I see two issues with them:
    a) I think some trade bonus should be sustained when you have a trade pact in progress - like fish for clams or fish for gold-something like that. I appear to lose any trade bonus after a bit when these are in effect.
    b) Conversely, I realize that immediate trade bonus for gifting - say a tech or gold - should expire, but not just 1 turn

I don't know if the above 2 points are bugs or by design.

3. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Chieftain

If Spain has progressed to the Renaissance, the same-religion bonus disappears (it only works in the medieval age). The proximity animosity often overpowers everything else unless you trade stuff with her and do WHATEVER she tells you to do (switch civics, tech demands, etc). Often I don't switch to Christianity until she asks me to do so (you get 1+ goodwill).

4. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

Spain is so ornery that you should aim to collapse her if you plan to have close borders. Portugal should try to collapse Spain as a priority once plague hits their cities.

5. Tanathos

Tanathos Chieftain

Hi all.

So I've been re-trying this mod lately on my mac. It seems that if I start with any civ that's at 3000 BC it works fine, but when I try to load a later civ, the auto-turns just won't start. If I press ENTER, I just start at 3000 BC :(

6. jmerry

jmerry Chieftain

It's a known bug. Please try my fix for this and several broken unique powers.

7. Tanathos

Tanathos Chieftain

Oh la la! Thank you very much :) I tried searching for "starting game" "auto turns" but couldn't find anything.

I'll be installing your fix asap.

8. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

I believe I've found a bug by reading the code in Plague.py:
    Spoiler :
    Code:
                                    for x in range(city.getX()-3, city.getX()+4):
                                            pCurrent = gc.getMap().plot( x, city.getY()-3 )
                                            if (pCurrent.getOwner() == iPlayer or not pCurrent.isOwned()):
                                                    if (not pCurrent.isCity()):
                                                            if (pCurrent.isRoute() or pCurrent.isWater()):
                                                                    self.killUnitsByPlague(city, pCurrent, 30, 35, 0)
                                            pCurrent = gc.getMap().plot( x, city.getY()[COLOR="Red"]+4[/COLOR] )
                                    for y in range(city.getY()-2, city.getY()+3):
                                            pCurrent = gc.getMap().plot( city.getX()-3, y )
                                            pCurrent = gc.getMap().plot( city.getX()[COLOR="Red"]+4[/COLOR], y )

Since the +4 operands aren't a part of a in-range statement, I believe they should in fact be +3. It does look like a left-over from some previous code - or simply a case of copy-pasting the .plot arguments from a in-range statement.

9. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Here's a bug:

If you have a unit with a number or non english character in it's name, the mercenary manager won't show the unit information anymore.

10. topsecret

topsecret Spymaster

:lol:
    :lol:
    This "bug" allows me to hire a mercenary
    and upgrade it removing mercenary costs!
    Never Mind still costs but doesn't show up if you upgrade

Attached Files:

11. Cosmos1985

Cosmos1985 Chieftain

For sure a minor bug, but the tech Gunpowder takes you to the renaissance age, and that doesn't show up when you select which techs to research - just had a quest where I had to complete it before reaching that age, so was deliberately holding back on any tech what would take me there, finally Gunpowder was only tech remaining to not have that tooltip, but I failed the quest because of it. (No biggie, just reloaded and slowed teching down ofc.) But it should say so in the tooltip like the other techs that make the age change :)

12. mrbears

mrbears Chieftain

Hi,

I have used RFC for quite a while, and I just got new laptop
    with Windows 7 64 bit installed. I tried to install Civ IV BTS
    and I can play regular game, but when I tried to open up RFC,
    I get error with xml (I get many warnings with xmls and app
    crashes)

I tried to read through the forum and installed latest 3.19 patch
    and downloaded latest RFC, but still stuck with the same result.
    Is there anyone else who has tried to run RFC BTS on Windows
    7 64bit with success?

13. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Chieftain

I have no problems running RFC BtS on W7 64bit

14. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Chieftain

I was playing my english whole empire game, when noticed something, maybe a bug. This happened when the Americans spawn and I start at war with them. (BTW, that's very annoying since I don't have any cities on their core area) But anyway if you check my screenshot can you tell what I mean?

Spoiler :
    My vassals aren't fighting with me!:mad:

Attached Files:

15. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

That's not a bug, it's a feature.

Each civ has a certain chance of starting at war with certain other civs. America-England is one of those. Persia-Greece is another, as are Spain-Arabia and Rome-Carthage.

16. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Chieftain

I know that, the bug was in the spoiler, I guess you didn't check the screenshot... My vassals aren't at war with America allthough I am! I doubt that's intetional, since it is completely unrealistic.

17. Brownsfan02

Brownsfan02 WWII Buff

I have a problem on this where if my arrow in the game goes over the hire mercenary button the game will crash. I don't know if it happens with only Russia (who i was playing as) or if it happens with any other civ, but I do know it is the most annoying thing I have ever encountered. Does anyone have any idea on how this can be fixed.

18. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Chieftain

It´s a known bug.
    Just try ALT+M, I think that is the shortcut to the mercenary screen

19. Brownsfan02

Brownsfan02 WWII Buff

alright ill try it

20. Brownsfan02

Brownsfan02 WWII Buff

actually it's alt + m but it works on the mercenary screen fine