RFC Civilizations in Abundance

No problem, if I catch anything else I'll let ya know.

Did you change the religion spread values for Spain to allow for it to possibly be Muslim ? Because I noticed that it often becomes one of the last civs to get Christianity, a complete polar opposite of it's usual self.

Also Russia too, have had a Jewish Russia in more games than not.

Oh and Turkey doesn't do to well against Constantinople itself. They often leave the Byzantines alone to go into Arabia and Egypt or Persia and India.

I played a bit as Holy Rome and got Islam. Byzantium was Jewish and Rome was Buddhist.

I also built a city called Tuzla Air Base. In the Medieval Ages.

Perhaps instead we could have Sarajevo, Pristina or Kerkira, instead?

I haven't changed any religion values, and in the games I played Russia and Byzantium always chose christianity.

Apparently, the Tuzla Air Base is the name for the plot where you built the city, if the English or American build a city there, which would mean that the HRE (as well as Germany) don't have a name in their citymap for this particular plot.
I'll look into it.

I hope the native American UP is good.
I really like the no chopping idea.

Another HRE/French name glitch:

I was playing as China, somehow vassaled Napoleon, then his name changed into Tributary East Frank State.

Updated the Mod - it should be complete now. Byzantium and Zulus are now fully playable, even though Byzantium still behaves a bit strangely.

Hey, i think this mod is awesome, I really liked RFC and now even more with the added civs. Zulus, Native Americans, HRE, Celts and Koreans seem to be great additions to the game. I'll try them all.

However, I just played Sumeria and it isn't that challenging. It's really easy to survive the barbarian invasion and in any case, after you do if want to keep playing there's no point because the Babylonians are about to steal take all the land!! I'd much agree with SanePerson and say you use them as Israelites. Actually, it's even impossible to build Babylon (if playing the Babs) with Uruk in place because they're next to each other, meaning you'd have to raze Uruk and probably destroy the wonder there....

Oh, speaking about wonders.... Stonehenge????? I loved it! The sphynx is cool, but just keep them both! please! =)

As for the Israelites, you could give them these goals:
Keep Jerusalem until a certain date, Spread Judaism to a certain percentage, and some other thing. You could even give the Israelites a second spawn (available for players in the 600 AD scenario) around 1948.

By the way, this 2nd spawn could also be available for India in 1947 (their independence) with the 600 AD scenario, or alternatively somewhere between 1550 and 1600, when the Mughal Empire appeared.
Egypt, Greece and Rome (as Italy), could also get this later starts, with different goals obviously, and give the game more options without needing to add more civs.

Well, just some ideas!

The one time I played on after I won as Sumeria, Babylon was destroyed almost immediately after they spawned.

hahaha... well, i'm not such a good player =S

but in any case, there's no point in having 2 where there's only place for 1 ;)

Thanks for finding the mod awesome.

The Sumerians are only meant to exist one turn before the Babylonians spawn. I've written a code that makes it highly unlikely for Uruk not to be razed by any AI player, which somehow got deactivated. I'll make an update later, so Uruk doesn't live on.

I know that the Sumerian UHV is currently too easy, and I'm still looking for ways to make it harder.

Wouldn't it make more sense to collapse first time like non-human-civilizations and second time like human-civ ? So if civs fall the first time they would have a resurrection possibility around the discover of nationalism and then only collapse by destroying them completly. ( this is what " collapse like human civilization" means, isn't it?)
Is their a way to increase the numbers of resurrections.i tried different things in rhyesandfall.py
but the result was very poor.
Second thing that catch my eyes: In all my games the colony powers avoid to settle down in Subsahara-Africa especially in Zulus Broader Area.So I tried to change the Broader Areas for the Zulus and it seem to work.
And last but not least, their should be some improvements of balancing the game with the new civs. For example Byzantinum is too strong.They should be weaker ( or in my opinion better dissapear ) at the end of the middle age to make it possible for the Turks to fullfill their historic role in expanding their power inside Europe.Another issue are the starting conditions of Germany ( HRE too strong for the late appearing Germans). And is it possible to change HRE in later industrial era to Austria ( or more precisely Austria-Hungary or Austro-Hungarian Monarchy) ?
So some suggestions for this great modcomp. Thanks for reading

Thanks for the suggestions.

In my experience, the colonial powers never cared about the broader area of the Zulus, there were almost always some French, English, Portuguese or Dutch cities in southern Africa, so that may just have been a coincidence. I'll see what happens if I'll change the Broader Area, if it really has that huge of an impact, I'll change it permanently.

In all my games the Byzantines collapsed shortly after the Turks arrived, both in 3000 BC and 600 AD games, so I don't think this is too much of a problem. I did increase the Turkish units, by the way, but they just seem to be reluctant to attack Constantinople - although that was nearly always the case in my normal RFC games too.

I will look into the German situation, and I'm not too satisfied with the HRE dynamic names either, so I'll probably change those as well.

It would make some sense to prevent the Civs from collapsing completely after they've been resurrected, but I'm rather content with the current system. Maybe I'll put in something that doesn't let them collapse completely after a respawn, but for now I'll leave it as it is.

There seems to be a problem with the Autoplay for America.In 3000BC scenario it stop on turn 142 and in 600Ad scenario immediately when started.

That's bad, because that means that the problem I had with the Zulus just affects the Americans now. I'll definitely look into it, for now, just pick the Zulu and switch to the Americans when they spawn, there's only about 2 turns to wait.

Wouldn't the thrid UHV condition for the Babylonians too difficult? For Hammy, he spawned at about the 35th turn, and he had to control or raze Tyre, Yerusalen and Shush before the Persians spawned which is the 84th turn. He also had to be the first civ to discover Monarchy, and that should be done before turn 84 because Cyrus spawned with Monarchy. What's more, Hammy had to research Mathematics and complete the Hanging Gardens by 850BC, which was just around turn 86!

I don't know for every difficulty, because I never tried to do it in Emperor, but on Viceroy and Monarch I managed to achieve it. Usually, the Babylonians get an advantage because the remaining independent chariots (that just razed Uruk) flip to them.

Can u explain me the following expression:
#resurrection of civs
iNumDeadCivs1 = 16 #5 in vanilla, 8 in warlords (that includes native and celt) Jarkov
iNumDeadCivs2 = 13 #3 in vanilla, 6 in Warlords: here we must count natives and celts as dead too Jarkov
which civs get count here ? and why we have iNumDeadCiv1 and iNumDeadCiv2?

The problem i described above with the Zulus and Byzantum was my fault.I changed some parameters with colonists and tech costs. Small changes can have huge impacts!

Concerning the American autoplay issue i guess the mistake can be found at the starting date of the zulu. you have changed the starting year in phyton file but in the belonging *.cpp is still the old starting year and turn.

and why we have iNumDeadCiv1 and iNumDeadCiv2?
IIRC these values are used for respawning intervals or something, and I have a faint recollection that the values were used depending on which era (game turn interval) the game was currently in. You should be able to read the code on the lines following the actual assignment statements to find out what they are for.

In many of my games, this is not the case. The independent chariots can hide in Tyre or Shush for a couple of turns, and don't flip to Hammy at all. And since Hammy spawned with only 2 bowmen, the chariots can kill them even before the flip can occur. I always played at monarchy difficulty. And for the Hanging Gardens, one time Qin Shi Huang completed it instead, and one time even Rammy grabbed it.

I don't know for every difficulty, because I never tried to do it in Emperor, but on Viceroy and Monarch I managed to achieve it. Usually, the Babylonians get an advantage because the remaining independent chariots (that just razed Uruk) flip to them.

Top Bottom