RFC Civilizations in Abundance

Regrettably, the SDK files that are now downloaded with the mod (cpp and .h files, not the DLL naturally) are from an older version; the start date for Zulu is now the same in both python and C++, but the error persists.

Well, as I said, every time I've played Hammurabi I got at least 2 or 3 chariots, but I'll do some test runs.

Thanks. It's going to take some time though, as I have to test it mostly by playing it.

Also, there will be probably some new leaders for civs that have only one, probably some more fine-tuning of the city name manager, and possibly new minor civs.

Cool beans, broseph.

Do you think you've caught most of the issues present in the current version? I'm not adverse to keeping a log of anomalies and odd happenings to help something that's already got as great of a start as this.

The only issues that have any effect on gameplay that I haven't caught yet are the bug that doesn't allow a human to play the Americans from start (which can be easily circumvented by picking the Zulu and changing to America after two turns).
And there is a bug that doesn't let the Zulus build Impis, which I've already caught, but which is not yet solved in this version.

Love the mod, just downloaded it. But I have a bug...
As native America, my historical goals in the F8 screen are for Mongolia, is this normal?

EDIT: Now the goals are normal.

love the mod had a small issue playing as greece, when Byzantines spawned my capital Athens wanted to flip is this ment to happen? i know it was part of the empire but it sort of castrates the greeks having the capital flip over

It was meant to happen in earlier versions, but shouldn't anymore now. I'll look into it.

Good mod, been looking for something like this, especially seeing playable Koreans and Celts. Seen Sumeria survive in a few games where I've picked a late civ and let it autoplay aswell.
As a suggestion, I think the HRE should possibly be made into Austria or Poland, or one of the Eastern civs? Also wondering do you have any plans to merge this with some of the ideas from the other mods, particularly the civic specific leaders from Dawn of Civilization?
Anyway keep up the good work, enjoying playing this mod :)

I will probably make the HRE change into Austria when the Prussians emerge, and I have plans of adding more appropriate leaders, yes.

good mod! I think the sumerian UHV is too easy... i did it on first try with only 1 warrior to defend the city... and it bugged so i couldnt play any further, i dont know why...

I love this mod. :)

I had some problems playing as the Zulu, though. I couldn't build any Impi, even though I had the appropriate resources and techs.

The Problem with the Zulu Impis has already been solved, and will be gone with the next update.

i noticed that in cheatmode zulus and americans have inverted text colors (never arrived to discover if they have the same colors when they spawn)

Just wanted say thanks for the work. I love the extra civs and I love that I can base my mod off of a mod with this many civ slots without having to do the hard parts myself.

I think Sumeria should be balanced... as it is now, you can win the UHV by researching writing and just focus food production though the game bugs if you win a victory at 2000 bc so you have to start by spamming vultures (4 should do) then just wait for the chariots to come and then research writing... did it 4/5 times, one time i lost because i forgot to change the tiles to be worked...

I know, Sumeria is too easy right now, but can't really think of anything to make it harder. If you had any suggestions, they'd be very welcome.

I know, Sumeria is too easy right now, but can't really think of anything to make it harder. If you had any suggestions, they'd be very welcome.

I played through some games as Sumeria to see if I could help you out.

When the game started, I used the wolrd builder to move the starting city one tile south, to Ur. I did this so that Babylon would have a little bit more breathing room when they spawned.

As far as I can tell, UHV's usually consist of at least one ahistorical goal, if not more. With this in mind, I was playing for 3 objectives:

- Be the first to discover Writing and Alphabet. (Historical)
- Own one city in the Levant, and two in Mesopotamia by 2000 BC. (Historical if we want to include the Akkadians, which I feel is reasonable for the sake of gameplay)
- Never lose a city by 1000 AD. (Ahistorical)

I played on Marathon, Viceroy difficulty, and it took me a few attempts to get it. Even then, it was close. That said, I'm a pretty nubbish player.

The first goal is easy, if you beeline straight to Alphabet through Writing - but this prevents you from getting useful war techs. You should have plenty of time to get this one.

The second is reasonably difficult. Build a vulture or two, if necessary cut down on your tech for a few turns so you can hire some mercs, then go capture Sur. You cant build too many vultures (I built just 1 on my successful attempt), because you still need to have time to build a settler to fulfill the condition of two cities in mesopotamia. You start with Ur, and I put my other city one tile East of the sheep (in Urbilum).

I found the final goal really difficult, even when I went into the world editor to delete the programmed Independent armies (which is 100% necessary - theres no way you can survive with them bearing down on you). Babylon's spawning wreaks utter havoc with your empire. I managed to hold on to all my cities until Persia spawned, at which point they were all destroyed by various factions.

It was quite a bit of fun, but I had to abuse the world editor to compensate for my changed ruleset. I had to:

- Move the starting city to Ur, and upgrade it to the level the Sumerian UP ordinarily would.
- Delete the Independent armies that spawn to destroy you.
- Force Babylon to found a city in Babilu. If left to their own devices, they would not settle there themselves, presumably due to my proximity.

If you have any interest in using any those goals as components to a new UHV, feel free to do so.

Top Bottom