RFC Civilizations in Abundance

I did not know this existed.

The mod. Although it's definitely outdated as hell now.

It's a shame. It was a great a mod.

Does the mod still work with the latest Civ 4 and RFC version without bugging out?

Hm, so far it seems its working (had a problem with the unpacker before, which did unpack a little to much as it seemed.)

But what is needed for the first Celtic UHV (3 cities in Gaul, 1 in northern Spain, 1 in Anatolia, 1 in central Europe) ? I tried a setting like that http://s238.photobucket.com/user/phoenixsprite/media/celtic.jpg.html but that didnt count.

I hope this isn't unreasonable necromancy, but can I ask the same question too?

I just started a new game as the Celts, and failed the UHV with three cities in historic Gaul (Samarobriva, Geoscribate, and Nemausos), one on the north coast of Spain, one in Anatolia, and two in central Europe.

(Which was a shame to lose, after my hilarious defeat of the Romans earlier. To whit: I moved all my starting units into Italy, and arrived outside Rome just as the Romans spawned. Whereapon the Romans immediately moved all their legions off their starting tile, and then founded Rome with a single warrior guarding it, despite already being at war with me).

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0057.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0057.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 642
  • Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG
    308.2 KB · Views: 530
  • Civ4ScreenShot0056.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0056.JPG
    392.9 KB · Views: 555
The link is dead, does anyone have a mirror, or a version of the mod still installed on their computer they can put up on dropbox or something? Please, I would be extremely grateful.

Unfortunately I don't. You could try Rhye's and Fall Dawn of Civilization. It has a lot of the same (plus many additional features) to Civilizations in Abundance.
When I joined this forum I was originally looking for Civilizations in Abundance but just ended up playing Dawn of Civilization.

Yeah but Dawn of Civilization also makes a lot of other mechanics changes. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Hello All,

I hope everyone enjoys this mod as much as I do. That said, I think I found a bug in the German UHV which heretofore has not been raised. Maybe some of you have encountered it or know what mistake I am making to cause it. It goes like this:

I settle the required colonies in Africa and Oceania without any serious problems, 1st UHV goal ticks off with a "YES." Conquered Italy early on and knocked out Spain in order to have more "control" of France. Then I work my way to eliminating the French and Greeks by 1940 (and occupying/settling their lands), and finishing off Scandinavia and Russia (likewise settling/occupying, and with Russia driving them back to the other side of the Urals). But for UHV 2 I'm told "Not Yet", and in 1945 for UHV 3 again "Not Yet."

Needless to say there were many games I Was told "NO" when not satisfying the required goals. This time I played on waiting for the "Not Yet" to morph into something conclusive, but it was not to be. And so it was that the game I thought I won turned into a quagmire with no Historical Victory in sight, my deadlines having come and gone and "Not Yet" in my mind became "Not Ever," so I quit that game and haven't tried Germany since.

Has anyone beat the German UHV, and what should I have done differently to likewise win? Or is this just a bug in the coding?

View attachment 305226

View attachment 305227

Hi, I had the same problem in my game.
I searched for the problem in the victory.py
It was not changed in the code from the original Germans:

if (iGameTurn == getTurnForYear(1940)):
bFrance = self.checkOwnedCiv(iGermany, iFrance)
bGreece = self.checkOwnedCiv(iGermany, iGreece)
if (bFrance and bRome and bGreece):
self.setGoal(iGermany, 1, 1)
else:
self.setGoal(iGermany, 1, 0)

if (iGameTurn == getTurnForYear(1945)):
bRussia = self.checkOwnedCiv(iGermany, iRussia)
bScandinavia = self.checkOwnedCiv(iGermany, iVikings)
if (bRussia and bEngland and bScandinavia):
self.setGoal(iGermany, 2, 1)
else:
self.setGoal(iGermany, 2, 0)

The computer checks for the regions France, Rome and Greece. But bRome is nog defined.
Either for bEngland.

So, that won't work.

If you want to fixx this, you have to erase bRome and bEngland.
The only thing that will work, if you fail France or Russia. Then it says "NO" :)

Grtz
Barthez

Top Bottom