RFC Classical World

well, yeah it could be that too ! The gokturks expanded in mongol area when the mongols were nomads and surely they had a great influence on them !

By Genghis time, there were many similarities in tradition between the mongol and the turkic peoples!

in John Man's book "Genghis Khan - Life, Death and Resurresction" we see that they even worshiped the same things, eg the wolf , where both believed that it was their ancestor!

thus as a keen admirer of the mongols, I will create the mongol empire and not the ottoman :p

Personally I'm ambivalent to whether the Turks and Mongols form one language family/cultural groups, but I've seen dreadful flame wars over the Altaic debate. Though honestly within the game scope's whether you consider them Turkic or Mongol or both doesn't make a big difference.

I might have a solution to balance the 550 AD start even more: there should be very few improved tiles in the Byzantine Empire, the Sassanid Empire, and Italy proper (most improvements are already built). Especially the production resources. Also shouldn't the Avars have at least one city in Hungary/Romania? They can be displaced by Bulgar barbs (or civ).

edit: new Lombard game. Arabs performing very well so far. Will update. Yeah...same as I've seen. Arabs slow down as after the initial few turns of conquest. I gave them 15 Ghazis and they expanded correctly.

edit: Great Prophet "spread religion" button giving me an error.

unidentified C++ exception signaled at RiseAndFall line 3604 in stabilityCheck. This happened when I captured Paris as the Lombards.

It seems that the rule for the Arab expansion is thus: 4-5 Ghazi for a large population province (i.e. Egypt), 2-3 Ghazi for a small population province (i.e. Cappadocia, Persia)

I have always planned to add Arab conquerors. Iberian ones are necessary for the Frankish UHV to be suitably epic. I'm also going to rework the Avars and Huns when I have time. RL has been keeping me busy.

there should also be a Numidian respawn at least in the case of human Arabs.

Is there a limit on shrine income? The Kashi Vishwanath is only giving my five gold despite there being many more Hindu cities.

looking into the 270BC slowdown

made some changes to the Celtic start: gave them chariots instead of spearmen, which are kind of useless to them, and put Bibracte on a hill.

edit: well its something to do with AI Rome because it doesn't happen when Rome is human. I thought it might be that they were taking a long time choosing city sites but I took away all their settlers and it still happened.

Any luck?

Well?

Evil double posting, I know! But I fixed a minor typo in RiseAndFall.py where the piece of code was checking the dynamic civ name twice.

Code:
#Macedon: make text key for this!
			if iGameTurn <= getTurnForYear(-100) and not pAntigonids.isAlive() and sd.getCivilization(iAntigonids) == iAntigonids:
				if self.checkCoreUnoccupied(iAntigonids):
					sd.setCivilization(iAntigonids, iMacedon)
					pAntigonids.setCivilizationType(iMacedon)
					self.barbarianBirth(iAntigonids, iMacedon)
					CyInterface().addMessage(iHuman, True, iDuration, CyTranslator().getText("TXT_KEY_CIV_BIRTH_MACEDON", ()), "", 0, "", ColorTypes(iRed), -1, -1, True, True)
					DynamicCivs.checkName(iAntigonids)
					return

original:
Code:
#Macedon: make text key for this!
			if iGameTurn <= getTurnForYear(-100) and not pAntigonids.isAlive() and sd.getCivilization(iAntigonids) == iAntigonids:
				if self.checkCoreUnoccupied(iAntigonids):
					sd.setCivilization(iAntigonids, iMacedon)
					pAntigonids.setCivilizationType(iMacedon)
					[U]DynamicCivs.checkName(iAntigonids)[/U]
					self.barbarianBirth(iAntigonids, iMacedon)
					CyInterface().addMessage(iHuman, True, iDuration, CyTranslator().getText("TXT_KEY_CIV_BIRTH_MACEDON", ()), "", 0, "", ColorTypes(iRed), -1, -1, True, True)
					DynamicCivs.checkName(iAntigonids)
					return

Well, I'm sorting through all instances of 'Rome' in the python files and haven't seen anything wacky with the functions themselves so far.

thanks for the help.

the svn is not working. sourceforge moved the location of the repository and I have been unable to connect to it. I have no idea when this will be resolved. I will update the regular download tomorrow.

did you enter that url in the repo-browser? username and password shouldn't be needed.

I will try to get it working when I am at work today.

I will also put up a new regular version.

Everything is working fine on my end now :)

edit: I looked through the C++ code for all instances of "Rome", and again didn't see anything amiss. The logic seems fine, but more importantly, all references to Rome are in case blocks properly ended with breaks, and in if blocks, none of which can account for the extra time between turns. Next up is anything in the ballpark of 270 BC and references to civs' spawn dates, I suppose.

remember that when I moved the Romans spawn date forward the slowdown did not occur

Top Bottom