rmontaruli

Prince
Here my game.
Babylonians
Difficulty Monarch.
UHV 1: Discover Wri, Mon, CoL
UHV 2: Babylon most populous city at turn 84
UHV 3: Babylon most cultural city at turn 94

Strategy is build Hanging gardens for population, Isthar Gate for extra culture and historical matter, a bit of luck, hoping Egypt goes for Sphynx and Piramids, and extra luck to achive all at turn 94 (research of CoL may require extra turns).

The hard thing is to get Mon at turn 84, before Persians come, who know Monarchy and our goal fails.

Let's go!

In the middle of fertile crescent, there was a people...

I'll train a worker ad send the warrior to look for huts.

First luck in this game: a hut gives a scout.

My warrior can get home and the scout goes for huts.

Mysticism! For Masonry and Polytheism.

Masonery first, to allow worker to mine stone and marble.

Then Polytheism to build Zigurrat, for extra science.

Time to change civics! 1 turn of anarchy.

Turn 53: Writing.

Welcome Greeks.

Look at the wonder of Hanging Gardens of Babylon!

Turn 63: Preisthood for Monarchy

And now hurry research to get Monarchy by turn 84.
Zigurrat, library, some cottages and a scientist must get the goal!

Welcome Phoenicians

Another wonder in Babylon.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, look at the biggest show of the ancient time.
It is turn 83.
1 turn to Monarchy
1 turn to Oracle
1 turn to Persian born

Turn 84!
Persians born and declare war.
Monarchy discovered!

Zoroastrianism from Monarchy!

Free tech from Oracle!

Here is the wonder!

Code of Law!
Second goal achived!
A Golden Age starts.

Score page says "not yet" but it is!

Let's try to research as much as possible until turn 94.

A Great Engineer!
Let's hurry another wonder!

Another tech.

Persians are coming.
But city walls and lot of archers are enough to resist to UHV.

Last turn

Another tech traded before the end.

And victory!

Look at the glory of Babylon!

Final score.

I wonder what to do in order to get a higher score.
94 turns.
4 wonders
almost all ancient techs
any suggestions?

Unfortunately high score table doesn't work. It is pretty impossible to get top place and if you get it - it really don't reflect how well you played. It will be fixed at some point, but I think it is not priority right now with so many chance for next version.

Final score.

I wonder what to do in order to get a higher score.
94 turns.
4 wonders
almost all ancient techs
any suggestions?

Civ4ScreenShot0135.JPG

I was able to beat your score on default difficulty while playing with new tech tree and new rules -- for example now you cannot place 4 wonders in the city with developing culture, and so I got only 3 Wonders. Also Babylon now has new UP and modified UHVs. Using UP and Oracle it is possible to get Writing and Arithmetics before turn 50 (known to Greece), and Calendar before turn 54 (known to Indians). But in 3 games out of 4 China gets Construction on turn 56, and my best effort produces it on turns 57-59. Perhaps sending a Militia to China to harass and declare war may make this less luck dependent. Now one also needs to be the first to discover Contract, but usually no one competes with you for this one. I like to play my games with Indus Valley Civilization for added challenge and historicity. If surviving Harrapa and Egyptian capital may get to size 10 around turn 84, so you need at least size 11 Babylon, you cannot win now with size 7-8. Perhaps culture goal is the easiest one: you can simply forget about research after Contract and switch to 100% Culture. So Babylon is hard but doable for upcoming v 1.5.:goodjob:

P.S. There is also very strange 50% probability for Greece to declare war on you immediately upon spawn, even before they settled their capital and made contact with you. I wonder why is this happening?

Civ4ScreenShot0134.JPG

Wait, how did you even get a militia to china anyway? Bangladesh/East Pakistan is blocked and the Gobi Desert is filled with barbs

EDIT: Man, screw goal 1. I have to go full on research and not only do i have to get lucky on having China not research construction very fast but i also have to worry with the Hittite Chariots. If i build ONE singular bowman to defend, it will be enough for me to fail the first goal.

The other goals are very easy, but the first one? Hell no.

Last edited:
I never did but some people even did conquest victory as Babylon!

... in 3 games out of 4 China gets Construction on turn 56, and my best effort produces it on turns 57-59. Perhaps sending a Militia to China to harass and declare war may make this less luck dependent.

Wow, could please someone tell me how it is possible to harass Chinese economy like that?

Cause i just played more than 20 times to win as Babilonians. (I have a lot of free time).

And it is still unreal to find Construction before China.

As I understood sending military could make Chinese economy slower. And it would give us some more time.

But i still did not understand how to do it.
Is it just making a lot of worriers, and sending them to China though all this barbarians in Tibet mountains?

Or i just miss something?

Wow, could please someone tell me how it is possible to harass Chinese economy like that?

Cause i just played more than 20 times to win as Babilonians. (I have a lot of free time).

And it is still unreal to find Construction before China.

As I understood sending military could make Chinese economy slower. And it would give us some more time.

But i still did not understand how to do it.
Is it just making a lot of worriers, and sending them to China though all this barbarians in Tibet mountains?

Or i just miss something?
Check out this thread:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/uhv-guide-babylon-1-16.647041/

Top Bottom