1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC DoC - v.1.14 - Phoenicians

Discussion in 'Gameplay Guides' started by rmontaruli, Oct 17, 2016.

1. rmontaruli

rmontaruli Chieftain

I will defend Messana! Come on!

2. rmontaruli

rmontaruli Chieftain

Last turn.

Victory!

3. HighFunctioningAlcoholic

HighFunctioningAlcoholic Chieftain

I don't think I'll ever get a higher normalized score than this: 116,517. I collapsed immediately after completing the 3rd UHV.

upload_2018-5-9_20-44-9.png

4. Publicola

Publicola Chieftain

...How? That's nearly double my best normalized score...

5. HighFunctioningAlcoholic

HighFunctioningAlcoholic Chieftain

I had to S/L a couple times to figure out how far I could push my expansion stability; I ended up liberating Mediolanum and Ameno Julia immediately after taking them from the Romans, though Jerusalem or possibly Athens may have been better choices. Founding Rusadir in my core earlier might have helped a bit with stability.
    Sending my 2 Great Merchants to India for 2,000 gold each was essential. Also, I got 4 techs on the last turn (2 bulbed from a Great Prophet, 1 from a trade with Egypt, and 1 from research); this caused me to collapse immediately after the message saying I won, like I didn't even get another turn. I don't think I would be able to repeat this, I got pretty lucky.
    I'm thinking of trying to go back and take a couple cities / settler spam on my last turn to see how much higher I could get it. This was version 1.15 if that makes a difference.

upload_2018-5-12_11-5-0.png

Attached Files:

6. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

I just started a game to try and get a UHV as Carthage and found that if you leave Sur undefended you can use war declarations to get it captured and your Palace moved to Carthage without having to build up 2 extra cities.

7. Oblivionyx

Oblivionyx Chieftain

...or you could just build your first city in Carthage, for the free palace.

Publicola and Jarlaxe Baenre like this.
  8. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

And collapse from not having any core cities? No thanks. You need at least one city in your core for your core to move to Carthage.

9. Oblivionyx

Oblivionyx Chieftain

Strange. Last time I played Phoenicia, I settled Carthage first and it all went smoothly.

10. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

On October 16, 2018, page 21 of the Git Update Log Leoreth noted that "- changing the Phoenician core requires at least one city in their current core"

I've looked into the code and can confirm that this is present.
    Line 309 of CvEventHandler.py
    Code:
    if utils.getOwnedCoreCities(iCarthage) > 0:
                        utils.setReborn(iCarthage, True)
    I'm going to guess you last played Phoenicia on a version from before this update.