RFC Europe: Small bugs/fixes

Already fixed the leader switching bug.
The message is most likely connected to Great Generals somehow, but not yet sure exactly how.

I'm 90% sure that's what happens when you run out of Great General names, and the unit it's attached to is subsequently killed.

I'm 90% sure that's what happens when you run out of Great General names, and the unit it's attached to is subsequently killed.
Great, then it will be fixed by default in a couple months!
I plan to do a bigger update with great person names.

if its help?! :D

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 295
if its help?! :D
This isn't with the latest revision I hope.
Theoretically it was fixed there.
recently round church gives -3 diplo, i think its not intentional!?
Intentionally increased it, yeah.
But still not perfect, as the closely related bonuses from sharing the religion are still not where I want them to be.

Playing as Morocco, I'm seeing a bunch of barbarian horse archers in the Canary Islands, which I'm pretty sure isn't WAD? It might be that I'm occupying their normal spawn zone and they got bumped there, but I'm not sure about that (although it would explain why I haven't seen any Saharan barbarians for the last 300 years). This is a game on revision 1254, if that's relevant.

Playing as Morocco, I'm seeing a bunch of barbarian horse archers in the Canary Islands, which I'm pretty sure isn't WAD? It might be that I'm occupying their normal spawn zone and they got bumped there, but I'm not sure about that (although it would explain why I haven't seen any Saharan barbarians for the last 300 years). This is a game on revision 1254, if that's relevant.
Are those barbarians called Berbers, or were they generic barb horse archers?
Were they already there on the spawn, or continuously kept spawning while you played?

Last edited:
They're all called Bani Hassan. I only noticed recently in the WorldBuilder that they were there and it's the 17th century now so I can't really say when they spawned, but I'm almost certain they weren't there when I spawned initially.

They're all called Bani Hassan. I only noticed recently in the WorldBuilder that they were there and it's the 17th century now so I can't really say when they spawned, but I'm almost certain they weren't there when I spawned initially.
Ah, that helps!
Thanks, fixed.

I just remembered something else weird that happened in that Genoa game I mentioned in the 1.5 thread. As I was conquering the Novgorodians, one of the cities I took was Viborg. The very next turn, there was a Genoan revolt in Danish Viborg. I had no culture in that city, or even anywhere in Denmark- my closest city was Kivik, which I hadn't given back to Sweden yet.

I couldn't think of any reason why a city in the middle of Denmark would have a pre-culture-flip revolt, other than the possibility that the computer got confused with the two Viborgs. I don't have a savegame to give you, sorry- but has anyone else ever come across this?

Sounds funny :)
Never experienced anything similar myself, but I agree, the game engine probably got confused because of the same name.

My game crashes to desktop just by Ismail ibn Sharif showing up.
You mean when the diplomacy window shows up with him?
Does it only happen when the AI starts diplomacy, or is it reproducable in your turn too, by you starting the diplo window?
Also, do you have a savegame?

Civ4ScreenShot0415.JPG
Python error when opening the Great Military Instructor page on Civilopedia.

You mean when the diplomacy window shows up with him?
Does it only happen when the AI starts diplomacy, or is it reproducable in your turn too, by you starting the diplo window?
Also, do you have a savegame?

It's been months since I last played RFCE but it happened in both cases.

In the 1200AD scenario, when Burgundy respawns, she triggers python errors at the start of every turn, something to do with her UHV condition and culture.

Hi and thanks for the Christmas update! :D

I was playing Byzantine and the empire collapsed. I thought the UP would protect me from it?

Intentionally increased it, yeah.
For the Round Church, I found it to be a severe penalty? If you intentionnally put -3 diplomatic penalty, maybe the description could be adjusted, because it currently mentions a small penalty. Maybe it could be also proportionate to faith, just as a positive bonus for sharing religion would be?

Thanks for all your work on this!

Attachments

• Justinian I collapsed despite UP.CivBeyondSwordSave
    688.3 KB · Views: 180
Top Bottom